• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
didn't get around to posting with work and everything till now heh..but fun tourney! really cool seeing Axe, Wobbles, and others play. and had some fun friendlies..
Von: ur evil for doing that waveshining on me in teams! haha i see Yannis's point now
Rohan: i think u've improved, thx for letting us stay over again
Yannis: u want it? :p
Clay: i think i just had an easier bracket than u again heh
Tree: nice technical fox man, and i'm glad i'm not the only one who doesn't hate brawl lol.
other John: lots of good friendlies, i could tell ur Luigi was adapting so I was having to counteradapt heh. o and nice jacket xp
Hannah: our team in friendlies wasn't bad. Keep it up, IC's a unique character

also shoutouts to Kevin, Kal, Tirno, Wobbles, Oscar etc for being cool lol

and i may be busy but i'm up for trying to play more with any of you

Sybawave

Smash Ace
No, Yannis' point was that I shinespike like a little ***** xD and it just kills the fun in fighting me when all four of your stocks are gone within 18 button presses and :30s. But come on, you didn't get excited in the least that all my technical skill just exploded on you?

Austin isn't at all like Houston. Every city in Texas was made so that no one could get lost except for Houston. Ft Worth, Austin, Dallas, Galveston, SA, and just those smaller cities that shouldn't even count as cities. Houston is by far one of the most confusing cities to navigate around that I've ever been too. China and Vietnam aren't even as confusing as a whole country.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i felt more betrayed :p
ya that was impressive tho heh

at least the traffic isn't as bad as Dallas, its like always backed up on I-75

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Oscar truly is a force of destruction. >.>

Von, if you can play Saturday or Sunday, let me know. I'm not *entirely* sure how this weekend is looking for me, but if it looks good for Smash, you'll be the first to know.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah I don't even know how this weekend is looking for me lol TKD tournament on Saturday and then I'll be on the other side of town. Sunday I may or may not have to study for a test on Monday T.T

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey Airbrush_King, or anyone else who might host tournies (Grinin?)

do you know if you'll be hosting or will be able to host a tourney sometime b/t June 12th - July 3rd???? :)

Grinin

Smash Journeyman
I'll most likely be in upstate New York from around June 30 to July 4 or so. Maybe sometime before then. Hopefully there should be a TYS around that time.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
that would be nice. i would like to play some smash before i go back for genesis, and friendlies just wont cut it :) thanks grinin, hopefully if theres no tys you can have something.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
They host them in the first two weeks of that month. They used to do it on the first weekend of the month but lately they've been doing it on the second week.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
They host them in the first two weeks of that month. They used to do it on the first weekend of the month but lately they've been doing it on the second week.
Balls. iirc my flight back is on the 10th, the second weekend of june. Airbrush_King can you make the June TYS one week later pppppppplease? :)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
It's not up to him some times though. It also depends on if there is a HOBO that month or not. If there isn't, then he'll throw his own Bar Fights thing like we have in May. If there is, then he'll do it that same weekend.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
=[ hmmmk hope houston can have a tourney while im here, id like to see how everyone's doing ;]

also matt you should post in the 626 thread on the pac west boards, sometime near when ur coming, so ppl know who u are lol...

G@BE

Smash Lord
I have not touched a controller sense the last time your Marth thrashed me. We shall see what happens though hah

Diglob

Smash Cadet
Von, how free are you looking for Sunday or Tuesday? I want to try to fit in one more Smash session or so down here in Galveston before I head off to the great world of Houston Melee for summer. Also, if you care, my friends down in Galveston are going to be watching absolutely *terrible* movies on Sunday from 6-12. I mean, really, really, really hilariously bad movies. Just a heads-up. I'm trying to get my studying done for that one day in particular.

And now, an announcement for everybody! On May 21st, Galveston is going to be having a Melee tournament (among others). Tarzan will be TO'ing for Melee, so hopefully we can get some people interested in another Melee tournament the weekend right after TYS Bar Fights 2. There's no real word yet on how many Galveston players will show up, but that would probably be our key incentive for going: if there's any signs of a spark for Melee that can be ignited/re-ignited in Galveston, it might be worth showing up to. Also, we can't possibly let Tarzan ever win first at a Melee tournament, so I'm going to expect at least some slight out-of-city attendance from Houston, probably including myself.

Jake13

Smash Lord
i'll go to gtown baybee

if its a bust we'll just kick it at the beach ya heard?

edit: How many melee set ups will you have?

Top Bottom