• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Thanks to everyone I played tonight! Roy, Kyuu, Kage, etc etc GGs. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be playing online anymore. The one-second input lag makes it impossible to consistently stop players who spam smash attacks, especially projectile moves. But I'm definitely coming to the Houston tournament March 22nd, I can't wait to play everyone irl! Money matches, anyone? $5 best 2/3.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
my my so many Brawl haters ,its to funny specially since one of them is xyro who was once one of the ppl looking forward to this lol

get this in your head ppl: you CAN'T have the same mindset you did in melee, this a totally different game, tweaked game engine, and some different chars you shoud be thinking "(sigh) ok brand new game, big changes in here ,NOT MELEE, its time start form scratch". Come on ppl adapt or die. I been playing this game for two days now and I can honestly say thats its fun and believe me its not horrible as ppl say it is.Most ppl bash how it can be slow, but what really makes it slow its how some ppl are playing it and thats what some ppl aren't realizing REMEMBER PPL THIS ISN'T MELEE, ITS NOT AS FAST SO STOP WHINING ABOUT IT!! What's going on here is that most don't want to,can't or have hard time getting used to the big changes. I been playing this game a while now and I already got used to the changes so what's your excuse? And my matches take around 3 -4 minutes with 3 stock and sometimes even 4-5 with 4 stocks. One thing that you haven't kept in mind that its a big factor in this is the skill level of your opponent, from what I have read all you ppl haven been playing noobs (I mean the ppl saying taking over 5 minutes per match) so stop hating on it. So yeah if you don't like then oh well melee is still there lol so go head and bash me see if I care lol

About the online play I will AGREE on, after hearing from reliable sources about the delays and such I will not try to play ppl online. It seems we are stuck in the melee era with this,having to drive to ppls houses but oh well I been doing it before so why not now huh?

oh and one more thing even though ganon has been toned down a lot, his spike is even more godly in brawl so beware of it :D

So basically what's going to make this game good or bad is your mindset towards this game.

oh and whoever wants to play hit me up bi*****!! LOL

REMEMBER: WHAT ITS GOING TO MAKE YOU GOOD IN BRAWL BESIDES THE TECHNICAL SKILL IS THE MINDSET THAT YOU HAVE

onii-chan

Smash Ace
If you ever abandon the TGM combo, I will murder you in your sleep.

As for all those people saying Brawl isn't good, too slow, or w/e... go play Kyuusoku.
You'll know what you should be like in a year from now.

**** you Roy for hogging Kyuusoku practice.. H8U!

ill be glad toplay her...i am goin over my friends house today...so be ready kyuu (although i only played it oncei caught on immediately...) so be lookin forward to some play when i get out from skool! around 3:30-7:00

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
i love this game it couldnt get anybetter besides the lag thing ive been hearing allot about, but i look forward to playing all you in the future tournament.

i want to play everyone

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
As for all those people saying Brawl isn't good, too slow, or w/e... go play Kyuusoku.
You'll know what you should be like in a year from now.

**** you Roy for hogging Kyuusoku practice.. H8U!
Thanks but, there are some good people out there like Sandtrap.

Thanks to everyone I played tonight! Roy, Kyuu, Kage, etc etc GGs. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be playing online anymore. The one-second input lag makes it impossible to consistently stop players who spam smash attacks, especially projectile moves. But I'm definitely coming to the Houston tournament March 22nd, I can't wait to play everyone irl! Money matches, anyone? $5 best 2/3.
Im sorry if I ruined this game for you, to be fair Meta Knights down smash would normally take me out quicker, its just Im a survivor. Also, when you forward (B) and neutral (B) back to the stage and I get hit by it, just remember. I saw that coming from a mile away but the lag made me get hit. Basically I'm just trying to say, and I'm sure you'd agree, the lag effects us all. Also, I think you won most those matches anyway (mabey) so you should be proud. If you can win with lag you can win without it. All in all. Good Games my friend.

ill be glad toplay her...i am goin over my friends house today...so be ready kyuu (although i only played it oncei caught on immediately...) so be lookin forward to some play when i get out from skool! around 3:30-7:00
I want to play you too.

Also, If it isn't too much. Can everyone get an AIM. I can only be on the internet or playing Brawl, not both at the same time because I do not have a router. When I play Brawl, I can be on AIM on my brother in laws phone. My dad is about to get me my own phone, so I can be on AIM and Brawl at the same time. With that said lets have fun.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Im sorry if I ruined this game for you, to be fair Meta Knights down smash would normally take me out quicker, its just Im a survivor. Also, when you forward (B) and neutral (B) back to the stage and I get hit by it, just remember. I saw that coming from a mile away but the lag made me get hit. Basically I'm just trying to say, and I'm sure you'd agree, the lag effects us all. Also, I think you won most those matches anyway (mabey) so you should be proud. If you can win with lag you can win without it. All in all. Good Games my friend.
I wouldn't say that my experience was ruined, especially not by you since you were the first clearly good player I had played so far, I was very excited/happy to play you. You didn't really spam smash attacks like a couple people I also played *coughGABEandAsianMariocough*. I definitely agree that you would not have gotten hit by my recovery attacks as much as you did because of the lag; it's a double-edged sword playing in lag, obv. Because of said lag, I'm not even counting any games I played online as a real measure of how I'm doing, although seeing mindgames from both sides work out was a rewarding experience. Can't wait to play you irl :D.

G@BE

Smash Lord
So is Kyuu a real person, or is Gabe still keeping up this charade?
dude.. i wish i was this good to keep something up like this... lol

but in all honesty... i would have probably ****ed up sooner lol... Kyuu has to think im some what good at brawl :p

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say that my experience was ruined, especially not by you since you were the first clearly good player I had played so far, I was very excited/happy to play you. You didn't really spam smash attacks like a couple people I also played *coughGABEandAsianMariocough*. I definitely agree that you would not have gotten hit by my recovery attacks as much as you did because of the lag; it's a double-edged sword playing in lag, obv. Because of said lag, I'm not even counting any games I played online as a real measure of how I'm doing, although seeing mindgames from both sides work out was a rewarding experience. Can't wait to play you irl :D.
Sand-Trap, whats your real first name? I dislike calling people by the forums names. For the record you are the best person in Brawl I've played, and so far I'v played alot of people. I'll be honest in saying I was giving a 100% when I played you and it seemed like, at best I went even with you in matches. Not to say I was trying when I played everyone else, it's just I was alot more relaxed. You Sand-Trap on the other hand, had my Toon Link on his toes. Those matches were amazing, I actually wished you had recorded them so people could get excited about staying into this game. Anyways I think you'll agree if we both keep playing we stand to get really good.

dude.. i wish i was this good to keep something up like this... lol

but in all honesty... i would have probably ****ed up sooner lol... Kyuu has to think im some what good at brawl :p
Gabriel wishes he was me. No I'm just kidding. For the record Gabriel, you are really good in this game. Thats why I keep bugging you on AIM to play. You never reply though. You only contact me in the middle of the night like I'm some booty-call. Shame on you Gabriel. All jokes aside, we need to keep playing. You too Alex.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Sand-Trap, whats your real first name? I dislike calling people by the forums names. For the record you are the best person in Brawl I've played, and so far I'v played alot of people. I'll be honest in saying I was giving a 100% when I played you and it seemed like, at best I went even with you in matches. Not to say I was trying when I played everyone else, it's just I was alot more relaxed. You Sand-Trap on the other hand, had my Toon Link on his toes. Those matches were amazing, I actually wished you had recorded them so people could get excited about staying into this game. Anyways I think you'll agree if we both keep playing we stand to get really good.
My name's Evan, what about you? I greatly appreciate the compliment, you're the best player I've played as well. Hehe yeah, I wish we could have recorded some of those games, but hopefully we'll get to record plenty of matches at the tournament on the 22nd, are you going? Maybe we can practice the night before or something. Your Toon Link is hard to edgeguard, btw XD. But I agree, I definitely want to keep playing so I can get better, just wish I had more people around me to play irl.

Btw all, if anyone sees me online but the player is using the tag "CASH", that's my roommate. Also, about the tournament on the 22nd, it says in the first post that space is limited to 45 people, and that $10 covers both days. Can I pre-register or anything like that (I have to drive 1.5 hours from CS to get there, it'd suck to make the drive and not be able to enter)? Also, what are the times for singles and doubles?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I finaly got my online working with next to no lag. I ***** AustinRC/CF/Jimbo......and a guy named hung

Anyway, i highly dislkike brawl. i will see u guys at the tourney.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
I want to play you too.

Also, If it isn't too much. Can everyone get an AIM. I can only be on the internet or playing Brawl, not both at the same time because I do not have a router. When I play Brawl, I can be on AIM on my brother in laws phone. My dad is about to get me my own phone, so I can be on AIM and Brawl at the same time. With that said lets have fun.
yeah...i played today again disappointed although i did have some fun...i gave my friend your brawl fc and he was all like "wtf!!!i don't wanna get beat by a girl!"...he is pretty good at brawl seeing as how he sucked at melee...i will try to pos this brawl fc later own this week when i go to visit him again...

Colombian Falcon

Smash Apprentice
heyyy evan! gimme your # again, my old phone is broken, and yes...yes.. smash attacks, you liked them...:lick:

allan...i ***** you( 3 stocked) what you talking about gringo :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Jake, what's your FC?

CF is still too good at Brawl...

Kyuusoku

Smash Cadet
heyyy evan! gimme your # again, my old phone is broken, and yes...yes.. smash attacks, you liked them...:lick:

allan...i ***** you( 3 stocked) what you talking about gringo :)
Roy, that last game, your samus, vs. my toon link... priceless. Anyway your CF is getting harder to beat each day. I always have fun playing you, only problem is, I can never contact you. Get AIM please. Pretty Please.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
was up ppls ---- Brawl is aright to me and if anyone wants to play call my cell to tell me to get on at anytime.

Aim: aceout92
Yim: acid_flame_bomb
Cell: 832-659-9561

<-- Brawl FC

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
hey Kyuusoku or shall i say JAKE!!

*attempts to pull Kyuusoku's mask only to find out its not really a mask and im just hurting an innocent japanese girl*

haha just kidding no offense please im just one bored mofo

i need friend codes from jeremy, alex and ronnie =/

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
Roy, my number is 817-975-7591. I haven't talked to you in forever! Haha let's see your smash attack spamming work irl lol, but yeah hit me up so we can meet up before the tournament and play :D. And btw I definitely saved the replay of a certain 4-stocking... *grins*.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
So uh, yeah.... I am coming from Lubbock... well Tech... spring break... i live in channelview... where in the world is this tourny?? =( i wanna smash over spring break.. i heard roy was from lubbock and he was crying because capt. falcon sucks??? well thats what julius told me... anywho.. anyone want to me my new houston friend? =(

raider power!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm sure some of you guys know, but wavebouncing looks too good and definitely useful. Too bad you have to sacrifice C-stick aerials. :(

He has some demo vids showing each of the characters here and here.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
good for maybe retreating lasers... if it works as well for falco like it does for lucas...

heytallman

CTALL
So uh, yeah.... I am coming from Lubbock... well Tech... spring break... i live in channelview... where in the world is this tourny?? =( i wanna smash over spring break.. i heard roy was from lubbock and he was crying because capt. falcon sucks??? well thats what julius told me... anywho.. anyone want to me my new houston friend? =(

raider power!
OH HAAAYYYYYYYYYY! I posted on the Lubbock thread a couple weeks ago! A'member me? I still am planning on visiting Tech in Lubbock, but I still don't know when.

Also, Kyuu, sorry we couldn't play longer last night, my sister turned off my computer, so I got disconnected, which was lame. Those other people who were playing were friends from my church. We need to play again sometime (maybe this afternoon?)

Gea and Jake, I need your friend codes.

The tournament shall be quite fun.

And happy pi day, everyone! Yeah, I'm a calculus geek.

edit: ROFL at people accusing Kyuu of being random other people.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I remember you. Hopefully, you can try to come to tech on the 29... huge tourny we hope.. ipod 1st place prize 80g i think.... and cash prizes free pizza too... that would make a good trip up...

Colombian Falcon

Smash Apprentice

raider power!
haha julius.. haven't talked to him in a long time.

kyyu- i have MSN: roy_mario2@hotmail.com

yess fun matchs yesterdayyy, the last match was the best:lick:

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
anyone from the channelview area? that plays smash.... bc i dont want this spring break to be lonely... =(

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
i need friend codes from jeremy, alex and ronnie =/
I dont have a stable internet connnection, so we'd have to play on a day were I go to another smashers house. I also gonna need that phone number so I can call you in play... not sure if it be long distance...? Also we might have some lag, but not too much that it wouldn't make you want to play me ^_^''

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
TGM, could you please answer the questions I've asked a few posts above regarding the tournament? I assume that you're running the tournament, no?
i sorry i didnt respond i havnt been on alot. there will be some changes to the tourney.

1st off, the date has been changed to the april 5th. it was changed because we couldnt have ALL DAY on march 22nd, we would only get the morning.. Im sorry if you guys(including me) had already made plans to travel here. SO, the OFFICAL date(an it will never change again) is april 5th!!!!

2nd, sand! If you travel to the tournament.....you WILL have a spot. i will drop people if i have too. i swear to this.

3rd, CF, i know i didnt beat you majority. its almost been a year and u still cant catch me jokes?!?!?!?

4th, even though falcon sucks......CF has a tasty falcon

5th.........poop

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Roy add me :). I want to play you.

Lets see how good he is in brawl :).

Top Bottom