• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hotspot internet connection/CHECK HERE THOSE WITHOUT WI-FI!

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Do you wish to play online but don't have an internet connection due to poor connection? Well check this out, you don't even NEED a computer to get online!

HOTSPOT CONNECTIONS!

This is for those who:
~Cannot connect to the internet for various reasons

Things you will need
~Nintendo wii
~ Be Patient

Step 1
Turn on your nintendo wii. Go to the wii menu, then click settings{icon has a wrench}

Step 2
There are 1 of 3 pages here.
Go to page 2 out of 3 and click internet. once you are there, input your pin number to your wii.

Step 3

Go to your connection settings and click: search for acess points.
*Note:The postion of your wii and where it's place makes a HUGE difference! Try putting it near a window. End note.*

There will be names(Modems) which you can connect to. locked modems will not allow you to connect to them. Different colors represent different signal strengths. ALWAYS keep metal away from wii as it may disrupt your connection. There are 3 frequent signal types:

Red=POOR
Yellow=MODERATE
Green=EXCELLENT

Step 4

Click on an unlock modem. Click yes to say your sure, then wait as it says testing connection.
*Note:Testing connection should last no more than 2 mins. End note.*
If sucsessful it will say test connection is sucsessful and ask you IF you want to update your wii, it's not a must. Click NO if you want to just go online already.

REMEMBER
~Not to much metal surrounding your wii.
~Be patient
~Keep it near a window, DO NOT move it while it connected.
~Repeat step 3 over until sucsessful.

This thread is VERY HELPFUL towards those who don't have wi-fi such as newcomers.

~Please direct newcomers in the meet and greet without wi-fi to this thread.:)

ENJOY!:)

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
EDIT: never mind wrong type of connection.... anyway mgw good job. (just hope the mods don't lock this)

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
I think it should be stickied but that's just me lolol *gets wii closer to window*

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I can see this sort of working, although I've tried using other people's wireless networks on my laptop and the unlocked ones are never any good. My own wireless network gives me a bad enough connection on my Wii; a network from a few houses down (that may or may not be in use by the network owner at the time) would probably make the game unplayable.

:034:

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo needs to make better connection on Wi-fi for brawl like MKW. Updated some more like version 5.0 or something.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
wow...i wonder if i can do my NDS like that...

Isn't that kind of stealing though?
lol...stealing the internet?...lol...

read carefully and repeat

(stealing the internet..)

lmao....

just think about it..

*note* (this is not a diss)

Top Bottom