• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hope Will Never Die! - Lucina Thread

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Here's some new gameplay footage that came out. Notable areas is Laura Bailey's voice clips from Smash 4 are being reused so Lucina won't be revoiced by Alexa Tipton, and Id (Purpose) sounds like more of the track has been added so it's not a complete butcher.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, that's not good. If she's reusing clips then she's still going to be grossly out of character.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Thank Goodness they’re keeping Laura Bailey’s voice clips for Lucina (need as much of her as possible since she’s done with dubs and all that)

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Lucina's keeping her union actor Laura Bailey, Marth is finally voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, but Cloud's still Japanese? Well, at least I don't have to deal with a new voice for Lucina. Recasting has always been awkward.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lucina's keeping her union actor Laura Bailey, Marth is finally voiced by Yuri Lowenthal, but Cloud's still Japanese? Well, at least I don't have to deal with a new voice for Lucina. Recasting has always been awkward.
I haven't found Alexis Tipton that bad honestly, I feel both suit Lucina. I have a preference for Laura, but that's mostly because I enjoy a lot of her other roles too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I haven't found Alexis Tipton that bad honestly, I feel both suit Lucina. I have a preference for Laura, but that's mostly because I enjoy a lot of her other roles too.
Alexis Tipson is very great at voicing Lucina and Trunks instead of Laura, but I ain’t ready to let the Lucina go

Arthur97

Smash Master
I actually prefer Tipton. Am I the only one? Plus, it would have been a chance to fix some of those lines.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I actually prefer Tipton. Am I the only one? Plus, it would have been a chance to fix some of those lines.
I wouldn’t say you’re the only one, but Laura Bailey Lucina takes the majority vote in who’s better

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Maybe its just me preferring the delivery of her lines in Awakening as well. Nothing wrong with Tipton. I feel they best capture different parts of Lucina. Laura being the one that best encompasses the grief over the future where she hails from, and being the more battle hardened sounding one. While, Tipton is at her best when it comes to her connection to Chrom and being the noble more calm side of her.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Maybe its just me preferring the delivery of her lines in Awakening as well. Nothing wrong with Tipton. I feel they best capture different parts of Lucina. Laura being the one that best encompasses the grief over the future where she hails from, and being the more battle hardened sounded it one. While, Tipton is at her best when it comes to her connection to Chrom and being the noble more calm side of her.
Don't forget the somewhat childish side.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Well, that's not good. If she's reusing clips then she's still going to be grossly out of character.
I was desperate for her to get a "HOPE WILL NEVER DIE" victory or taunt, but alas.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I just wish we could have her idle stance, I didn't think that would be too much to ask, but alas....
Great_Lord_Lucina_Warriors.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Doesn't look like it's been mentioned yet, but Lucina's model has seen some updates since E3.

Very happy with this. Her model in Wii U always seemed kinda off to me.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It's almost certainly not happening, but I would not be opposed to getting that exalt Lucina costume

Arthur97

Smash Master
Sadly I believe you’re right. I’m still disapponted she can’t even share Chrom’s Final Smash when he taught her Aether in the first place.
Using Awakening Aether would have made more sense, but apparently Lucina can't even get a copy and paste of another Final Smash.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Well, she was an Echo of Marth in Smash 4 with the same Final Smash and she was ported over to Ultimate and they wanted to keep her an Echo.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, she was an Echo of Marth in Smash 4 with the same Final Smash and she was ported over to Ultimate and they wanted to keep her an Echo.
Except historically clones got decloned when the came back, an idle stance and new Final Smash (which would be copied) would not be big changes, and new echoes are getting more than her. Her general representation is just horrible. Even her voice lines are out of character.

PrincessToadstool

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I wish she got the changes she deserves. But in reality, my biggest worry was Lucina being cut so I'm just forever grateful she's back.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Maybe Sakurai thought of her as more of a Marth clone than the other Echoes? She could get decloned in Smash 6 and have her Final Smash changed if enough people complained.
Honestly, I wish she got the changes she deserves. But in reality, my biggest worry was Lucina being cut so I'm just forever grateful she's back.
Well, since they announced that all the veterans are in Ultimate, nobody should worry about their favorite characters getting cut. And after Ultimate, if Smash 6 has characters cut, there would need to be great newcomers to even compete with Ultimate.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Whatever Sakurai might think about her, she is probably the worst represented character since Melee Ganondorf, but Brawl even gave him changes.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Whatever Sakurai might think about her, she is probably the worst represented character since Melee Ganondorf, but Brawl even gave him changes.
It really bugs me that Lucina and Dark Pit were retroactively given the Echo Fighter title. By that I mean they’ve kept their low effort work from Smash 4 while all the new Echoes have seen much more in comparison, especially Dark Samus with her numerous animation changes and Chrom having his own Up Special and Final Smash. It just makes the former two look lazier by comparison, like I understand resources are limited and there’s 70+ characters being made for this game but come on.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It really bugs me that Lucina and Dark Pit were retroactively given the Echo Fighter title. By that I mean they’ve kept their low effort work from Smash 4 while all the new Echoes have seen much more in comparison, especially Dark Samus with her numerous animation changes and Chrom having his own Up Special and Final Smash. It just makes the former two look lazier by comparison, like I understand resources are limited and there’s 70+ characters being made for this game but come on.
At least Dark Pit makes a certain degree of sense. Yes, he could be made unique, but that's more about the weapons from Uprising than it is his own abilities, and even then his personality seems largely correct and he got a different Final Smash. All in all, he is more accurate than Lucina leaving her in a bad spot.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
At least Dark Pit makes a certain degree of sense. Yes, he could be made unique, but that's more about the weapons from Uprising than it is his own abilities, and even then his personality seems largely correct and he got a different Final Smash. All in all, he is more accurate than Lucina leaving her in a bad spot.
To paraphrase her father "I'll suppose we'll get our chance another day."

Arthur97

Smash Master
Maybe I’m just in denial but her popularity and marketability may help keep her in.
Her bad representation may be hurting both. So often in the Smash fanbase she it touted as just female Marth. Plus, she is one of the worst echoes in the game. More could be done with her, but it doesn't look like they will use it.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Her bad representation may be hurting both. So often in the Smash fanbase she it touted as just female Marth. Plus, she is one of the worst echoes in the game. More could be done with her, but it doesn't look like they will use it.
Does being a clone really kill someone’s chances? Roy was pretty much Fire Marth back in Melee and look how long he’s lasted.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Does being a clone really kill someone’s chances? Roy was pretty much Fire Marth back in Melee and look how long he’s lasted.
True, but Lucina doesn't seem to have a positive connotation for some reason (our boy memes helped). It helped Roy, but it may actually hurt Lucina. At the very least, it leaves people with a misinterpretation of her character. For one, they may think she's sassy. Either way, I'm not optimistic about her chances.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
True, but Lucina doesn't seem to have a positive connotation for some reason (our boy memes helped). It helped Roy, but it may actually hurt Lucina. At the very least, it leaves people with a misinterpretation of her character. For one, they may think she's sassy. Either way, I'm not optimistic about her chances.
Suppose you’re right. Guess we’ll have to wait and see, but right now I’m gonna enjoy Lucina sticking around.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Suppose you’re right. Guess we’ll have to wait and see, but right now I’m gonna enjoy Lucina sticking around.
Probably the healthier outlook, but it's hard for me to enjoy her being there when I keep thinking of the raw deal she got. And unlike Ganondorf, there don't seem to be that many people calling for her to be changed. There may be more calling for her to be cut or at least turned into an alternate character.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Probably the healthier outlook, but it's hard for me to enjoy her being there when I keep thinking of the raw deal she got. And unlike Ganondorf, there don't seem to be that many people calling for her to be changed. There may be more calling for her to be cut or at least turned into an alternate character.
I moreso blame the general stigma around Fire Emblem in Smash and how Lucina was presented originally, but you also gotta remember we’re way, way off from the next Smash game. You’re only gonna cause further stress for yourself with that mindset.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I moreso blame the general stigma around Fire Emblem in Smash and how Lucina was presented originally, but you also gotta remember we’re way, way off from the next Smash game. You’re only gonna cause further stress for yourself with that mindset.
Indeed I am, but that idle stance really bugs me. In fact, Lucina is about the only thing in Ultimate that really grinds my gears.

Oh, hey, and it's Lucina's turn on the website. "Most" moves. Right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom