• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hope for more EarthBound reps?

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
At this point, Lucas might as be disconfirmed.

Jeff return as a assist trophy seems bleak.

At least we get a Magicant stage. ^_^

Unicorn

The Most Majestic
NNID
SenseiCrumb
Reggie when are we gonna get Mother 3?!?

It seems our only hope is for that sweet Lucas DLC. Given how many high demand characters didn't make it in, we have a pretty decent chance I think.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
It's totally up in the air at this point. The only pressing thing against Lucas are some rumors floating around (which could be true but we'll know in a few days) that Ness has a few of Lucas' previous moves as customs (PK Freeze, PKT going through people). I would always be happy with another MOTHER rep, though. If Lucas came back that'd be fine by me.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
After watching the big stream from a girl named Gema, I saw a lot of Ness footage (actually looks quite buffed!). I didn't notice what his custom moves were, but I'd guess that he'll have the option to switch to Lucas' Specials. Sad to say it, but I think Lucas is as good as gone.

The footage that I watched was quite long, it was basically this girl unlocking all of the characters through Classic Mode. After R.O.B was finally unlocked (believed by many to be the last character), she got a
message in which she translated as something along the lines of "Congratulations! You have unlocked all usable fighters! Let the real battle begin!".

In other words, the leak was dead-on and the only way we'll get any new characters is DLC at this point, as there ARE still four slots that could be filled by characters in the bottom, but that's it.

Honestly, I'm a bit salty that they kicked Lucas to the curb, and fill slots with characters like Dark Pit (saw footage of him, too, and he has absolutely no changes from Pit) and Dr. Mario (does have subtle changes from Mario). I don't mind them, but to me it means that characters like Wolf and Lucas should not have been cut.

To think a year ago I kind of thought Porky or another EB rep could even sneak in somehow, but I seriously doubt it now.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Seems there isn't much Mother 3 representation in Sm4sh, which is sad since Mother 3 is a great game. At least we got the Devil Car+Starman in Smash Run, Magicant, and a Starman assist trophy.

Maybe this means we'll see Mother 1/Earthbound Zero on virtual console :ness2:

weegee2407

Smash Cadet
I think Jeff would be my favorite second earthbound rep. Wouldn't play like ness in the slightest, so no more clone complaints fromm people either.

Last edited:
NNID
Tofer_Magicant
I would really like there to be another EarthBound rep rather than MOTHER 3.
It's more because I am selfish and I want someone like Paula or Poo to be in the game :x

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I think Jeff would be my favorite second earthbound rep. Wouldn't play like ness in the slightest, so no more clone complaints fromm people either.
There are quite a few characters who could make for fun and unique characters. Jeff, Masked Man, Duster, Porky, Poo, Flint, Giygas, shame it's such a small series so none of them will be playable.

D

Deleted member

The future looks a bit bleak now that Lucas has been cut. It's certainly possible for Lucas to return in a future Smash game, but I am kinda doubting it.

Looks like the majority of EarthBound representation comes from the first and second games.

BLTspirit

Smash Rookie
NNID
BLTspirit
Paula.
She's from Earthbound which is the only Mother game Smash 4 has represented (and had an Eshop release)
She's another female rep.
Is a major character in EB being the first partner Ness aquires.
Unlikely since we are probably looking at the final roster, but it's just my personal choice. Other than her I would like to see a Starman, which is an assist trophy and enemy in smash run.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Surprised Kumatora hasn't been mentioned.

She could utilize PK Ground. Then again if Lucas had custom moves, his down A move would be it.

Or we could get an odd ball like Fassad. That'd be fun to see, him and Wario teaming up.

LovinMitts

Smash Journeyman
Well the entire roster has been confirmed. I'd honestly have liked to see Ninten, though :/

On the off chance that DLC is a thing for Smash 4, I could see Lucas coming back, but other than that, a Mother rep is totally impossible.

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Lucas trophy was found. Future uncertain.
Frickin' hell.

I'd like Lucas to come back, but tbh, I would barely be bothered if he didn't. I'm more of a Ness guy.

Mother doesn't really have a chance in hell for another rep besides Lucas, as much as I'd love Porky.

Last edited:

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
There are several possible ones that could be used for a second rep, though Giygas could be cool.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Kind of a topic of a different sort, but does anyone know if the Magicant stage is 3DS exclusive? It's a shame they busted it out for 3DS, would have loved to see those puffy pink clouds and the background in HD for years to come. I'm hoping they're not going to just throw Onett in the Wii U version to "say they did" and be done with it.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Kind of a topic of a different sort, but does anyone know if the Magicant stage is 3DS exclusive? It's a shame they busted it out for 3DS, would have loved to see those puffy pink clouds and the background in HD for years to come. I'm hoping they're not going to just throw Onett in the Wii U version to "say they did" and be done with it.
I think it screams both versions since Mother has basically been a console only series except for that GBA compilation.

What I can't understand is why there wasn't at least an alt for Ness as Lucas. I understand the A moves were different, but it's better than nothing, and not that hard of a fix.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I think it screams both versions since Mother has basically been a console only series except for that GBA compilation.

What I can't understand is why there wasn't at least an alt for Ness as Lucas. I understand the A moves were different, but it's better than nothing, and not that hard of a fix.
I'd prefer Ninten since they look alike. That and no M1 characters have been playable.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I'd prefer Ninten since they look alike. That and no M1 characters have been playable.
I'd throw Ninten in there as well. 4 Ness costumes, 2 Ninten, 2 Lucas. Then you could custom set moveset 2 and moveset 3 for the respective other kids.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Masked Man or RIOT.

He wouldn't be a clone at all.

He can use his Mech Wings, his armgun, his sword, lightning attacks and PK Love Omega.

Up B: Mech Jetpack Wings
Neutral B: Armgun (Chargeable)
Side B: Series of Slash attacks
Down B: Lightning

Final Smash: PK Love Omega

Just throwing it out there.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Gonna be honest here. I have no clue lol. I was just going off by my memories of playing Mother 3 XD
Fair enough. I could take a guess and say alpha, beta and omega PSI attacks would be the variations. His shield should be PK Shield with hexagons.

I think I'll make a mii of him and Kumatora. Kumatora I could see as a grappler/brawler with magic.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Crap I forgot about his Shield >.< I hated that Shield

Thanks for reminding me.

He also has a Shield Wiper but that would be kinda OP haha.

Kumatora would be cool too. She would be a semi clone of Lucas unfortunately

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
It could be a move variantion, that way its not totally OP.

Final Smash should be that Lighting attack he does in the final battle. High knockback and strikes once. Whiffs if no opponent is in front of him.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Paula.
She's from Earthbound which is the only Mother game Smash 4 has represented (and had an Eshop release)
She's another female rep.
Is a major character in EB being the first partner Ness aquires.
Unlikely since we are probably looking at the final roster, but it's just my personal choice. Other than her I would like to see a Starman, which is an assist trophy and enemy in smash run.
Smash 4 is heavily representing a mix of Mother 1 and 2. The starmen is based on his Mother 1 variant I believe and Magicant is based more on the Mother 1 version with Mother 2 things mixed in like Dungeon man, the octopi statues, etc. Even the rift gameplay footage cycles between scenes from Mother 1 and Mother 2.

Well mother 3 was on the GBA as well as the Mother 1+2 compilation. It is weird to only reference the handheld version of the game in a trophy and only reference mother 1+2 stuff (probably using the excuse that it represents the compilation.)

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Well mother 3 was on the GBA as well as the Mother 1+2 compilation. It is weird to only reference the handheld version of the game in a trophy and only reference mother 1+2 stuff (probably using the excuse that it represents the compilation.)
Well, everything Nintendo does with mother is weird, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Well, everything Nintendo does with mother is weird, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
2 got love in Melee, 3 got Brawl, 1 gets this title.

Maybe next titles we will get more stages or assists/smash enemies.

I WANT ADVENTURE MODE IN AN EB/MOTHER STAGE NOW.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
2 got love in Melee, 3 got Brawl, 1 gets this title.

Maybe next titles we will get more stages or assists/smash enemies.

I WANT ADVENTURE MODE IN AN EB/MOTHER STAGE NOW.
Smash 5 we get zero representation! :troll:
I might be the only one who wants this, but I'd love to see some Mother Stuff rendered in the clay style of the kirby and the rainbow curse but maybe more polished (like in between that and how Ness looks in this game.)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't suppose you've seen the Mother 3 Wind Waker style, @ DonkaFjord DonkaFjord ? That looks nice.

Mother stuff has been rendered in clay before.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
As long as it's not Lucas nor Porky, I'm down with whoever.

Jeff would've been a nice addition though.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I would like to bring up those jokes from E3 anyone else notice how suspicious they are I mean think about they joke about Star Fox :wolf:Wolf gets cut but a new Star Fox gets confirmed. Mother 3 gets joked about :lucas:Lucas gets cut Mother 3 is most likely on the way but I still have the strongest hope for these two returning as DLC
Earthbound needs the second rep especially is fire Emblem can have four..... I PK miss you Lucas :'(

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I don't suppose you've seen the Mother 3 Wind Waker style, @ DonkaFjord DonkaFjord ? That looks nice.

Mother stuff has been rendered in clay before.
Yes I know- the concept models were made of clay which is why I kinda want to see it go in a similar direction sometime.

Top Bottom