• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Honestly, why?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Are Space Animals so terrified of Peach's dash attack? Zoap was talking to M2K and asked what he thought Peach's best move was, and he said it was the dash attack. It links into a CG sometimes, correct? Maybe a nair? Still, it doesn't seem good enough to me to be deemed her best move.

Peach players (good ones, plz), give me your insight.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, there's a good reason why the dash attack is good against Space animals.

The move itself could, depending on timing, could either push them away or send them over your head. When done with a space animal, at low damage, it'll flip over your head. They're open for a good amount of combos. Like, a umbrella, A Jump, dair, and then a nair, and pretty much anything you wanna dish out at them.

shotafan

Smash Cadet
Its good esp. againts fast fallers, but just like any other move I wouldn't abuse it...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
But a whiffed dash attack against Fox could very well mean a stock goes bye-bye for you.
Well of course. The dash attack is one of the 3 moves Peach uses usually abuse the most. The other two is the Down Smash and the turnips.

Because it's used often, opponents could ready themselves with a Shield grab. The dash attack, if used constantly, can be punished.

Generally, it's good to either push them away to give you some room or you could follow it up with combos. Whether it connects or not would be up to the opponent.

Matsu18p

Smash Apprentice
Dash atk. can be used after so many things, upthrow to dash atk., use on captain falcon after an upthrow like 2-3 times. Also the hitbox is pretty huge and fast, excellent in marth spacing.

Imo peaches best move against fast fallers is bair for its edgeguarding purposes. Her best move in general would be her grabs, they open edgeguarding oppurtunities and can ko at high percents.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I know plenty about fighting Marths, haha. While I'm no Mikael, I can take down a good deal of them. I'm more worried about Fox, because he's gay. Falco used to worry me, but with Forward's retirement, DSW is the only one of note out there anymore (Lunaris, too, I guess). The rest of them can't seem to think and get gimped at retardedly low percentages.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
dash attack does nasty things and all, but overall and in the matchup the nair and dsmash are still more useful. Getting predictable with dash attacking can lead to nasty things >___< and yes I know, same as dsmashing. As far as Peach's best move goes, the dsmash actually isn't the best by a long shot as most would think. Nair is definately up there 2nd.

Samochan

Smash Master
Generaly dash attack ***** fast fallers with any character, but with peach it leads into cg and bunch of other stuff, only sky is the limit really. It's also fast enough, peach crouches behind the hitbox, which is very good on the first 3 frames iirc, so it enables her to squeeze in from tight spots to attack someone (like under marth's short hopped fair). Also, when mixed up with dd, wd, dash/jc grab and dash cancel dsmash, along with other stuff, it's a very deadly mixup game. Not to mention cause the hitbox stays out long, doesn't lag much and is very weak on the end, it allows for some spacing and fun combo stuff. Her Dash attack would be broken if she were to run or lunge a bit faster with a bit less lag on the end to allow a lot better cross ups, a lot better punishing, even better fast faller ****** and it would be near unpunishable move in general. Too bad it's not. :p

Prac352

Smash Lord
I know plenty about fighting Marths, haha. While I'm no Mikael, I can take down a good deal of them. I'm more worried about Fox, because he's gay. Falco used to worry me, but with Forward's retirement, DSW is the only one of note out there anymore (Lunaris, too, I guess). The rest of them can't seem to think and get gimped at retardedly low percentages.
Umm, Dashizwiz . . . anybody?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
^^^ Huh? It's right there >_>

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Her dash attack is great, especially against fast fallers, for all the reasons that have been said, but if i were pressed on her best over all move IMO its the nair. As was said earlier, it has great priority, it also has decent knock back (very good by nair standards), little lag, you have the option of spamming 3-4 (maybe more, dunno) nairs while floating, followed up by fc-> move (dsmash), or just short hop nair.

The dash attack can be a great set up for combos, especially at low-mid damages, but at higher damages, there is too much knockback to do these combos or an aerial attack. The nair, however, has great knock back and ko potential at higher damages, and it can be a great way to molest opponents when they get knocked off stage.

Im definetly not knocking the dash attack, but if I were going to pick one overall move, I think that her nair is it.

Note 1.: Im not a pro peach player, but she is quickly becoming my main.

Note 2. I wrote that before i even thought of the turnips (high, oops), and maybe its the turnips...They are pretty unbelievably annoying if u use them correctly, but....im still sticking with nair, i think.

Edit: Hmm, i read this after I posted it, not sure if its correct or not.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think it is great because it couples so well with dding, and can be pulled out at almost any time...

I'm a fox player, not a peach player, but I fear that move almost as much as her grab, I fear her grab more, of course, when I am falco.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I personally <3 her nair. Peach pillars are win.

I actually really like her uair for comboing fastfallers. It's tricky to pull off, but if they don't DI at even 0% on a uthrow, you can fc combo them with uairs into oblivion. It's hot ****.

I'll get some vids posted soon, so that people won't think I'm too much of a scrub, haha.

Top Bottom