• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Honestly, how upset would you guys be if Ridley or K Rool were not playable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I'd give my condolences to their fans because I know their pain, but neither of them is all too important to me. I just want Shulk xD (and even in the nearly impossible circumstance that he doesn't get in, I have Greninja).

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Now realizing this and its very upseting. No wonder I can't shake that feeling of displeasement with the "leaked" final roster.
Having said this, I would still buy Smash Bros. 4. Because I don't play it for the characters (maybe 50% characters), but for the gameplay and the 4 player fun you have with friends and family.
Besides, heavyweights have always had the fame of being very underused in Smash Bros. games. So I presume that is one point against adding more this time.
Conclusion: If there are no K. Rool or Ridley, I would be very annoyed. But at least there are around 10 characters there that I like enough to buy the game.
that leak can't be true mii pac and palutena are no on there that is if your are talking about this one http://cdn.idigitaltimes.com/data/images/full/2014/04/21/18114.jpg remember there might be spoilers and i can't find the spoilers tag

Speculator

Smash Ace
I like Ridley way too much to want to see him undermined and compromised in order to be made playable. My standards for Ridley are much higher than that. As far as I'm concerned, a boss character is what Ridley is supposed to be and gives him the freedom to do what Ridley does. I don't want him diluted to even the smallest degree.

As for K. Rool, I've never really considered him a likely candidate for SSB4 so my response to his not being playable would be 'unsurprised'. I don't dispute that he deserves to be there, but now would be an exceptionally strange time to include him in Smash considering where DKC is right now. I think he needs resurrecting within the Donkey Kong series first, then we'll talk about SSB.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
While I will argue vehemently that these characters are the most deserving not yet included, I'm prepared to admit defeat. I won't go quietly into the night, but I know when to retreat and fight another day. Not getting K. Rool will be particularly depressing for me. The Donkey Kong series is a personal favorite of mine, and the fact that it's gotten relatively shafted in regard to content throughout Smash's history really needs to be remedied. K. Rool is such a classic character, and part of the Nintendo pantheon of iconic villains. Having him sit out yet again will be a massive missed opportunity. He'd be such a unique character, and a perfect heavyweight inclusion (of which we are greatly lacking in). Perhaps most importantly, if he's skipped over in Smash, he'll be even less likely to return to the Donkey Kong series. I don't just want him as a Smash fan, but as a DK fan. His inclusions means a great deal more for many Donkey Kong fans than it may seem at first glance.

Lemonade can be made out of lemons, I suppose. If K. Rool and Ridley don't show up on the roster, we can at least hope for them to appear in Project M (where they'd probably get better movesets than Sakurai would come up with anyway). I'll just be happy that I finally got Pac-Man and Little Mac, and enjoy the game as much as possible despite the gaping hole their absences would leave in the roster.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I suppose. If K. Rool and Ridley don't show up on the roster, we can at least hope for them to appear in Project M (where they'd probably get better movesets than Sakurai would come up with anyway).
Yeah, I wouldn't count on that.

*coughwariocough* *coughsoniccough*

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ridley I'm neutral about. While it would be cool to have him playable, I also really enjoyed his boss battles in Brawl so if he's just another boss I'd be fine with it. I suppose just to get another Metroid character but my chips were riding on Dark Samus and that's obviously not happening.

K.Rool I honestly don't care about. I hate the way he's designed and while I like the DKC series, I think DK is represented just fine as it is. If he's in, cool, whatever, I just honestly don't care. And I'll probably be a little smug if he's deconfirmed. Sorry guys.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
No way, Im talking about the Sal Romano leak; the only leak that matters these days (which doesn't include Ridley and K. Rool). That screenshot looks too fakeroni and was debunked the moment Ike was revealed.
hm could be true could not be better not be thou they pretty bad newcomers

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I would not be upset, but I'm mostly detached about them not enough to qualify as their fan.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I'd shrug it off. I do really like these characters and I do support them, it's just I'm not crazy about them like some people are, I'm not really passionate about any newcomer that I may want, if any character I want doesn't make it in, i'd be bummed, but I'd be okay later on....because the game will be amazing either way.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Quick observation for their fans claiming "I've gotten over my disappointment," you are playing right into the hands of Sakurai and the marketing team. They are keeping the status of Ridley and K. Rool a mystery until the game's release so they can use and abuse your hype, then leave you at the altar at a point when your disappointment is completely and utterly drowned out by the obsessive masses and media giving the game lip service and an immediate 40/40 rating. Do what you choose, but if you want the developers to be held accountable for their crappy handling of the two characters, you'll keep piping up so that, once the hype dies down, their absence is recognized as the flaw it is, and potentially corrected either via DLC or by the next game.
I'm well aware that's likely to be the case as I've expressed multiple times, including in my post that was supposed to send me into hiatus. At this point I'm purposely going along the ride knowing that the most likely outcome is that there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel and we're just being lead on, it's a smart move from a business perspective. Alas, as long as there is a chance for Ridley to be playable, no matter how small, I can't just leave it all behind, I'm willing to partake in Sakurai's little Ridley game even if I have to. And in the most likely scenario that he isn't playable I don't think I'll be as upset as I was initially, ever since the second coming of the Gematsu leak my brain has sort of just accepted that's what we're going to get, so I know at this point I know I'm just being gullible.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A bit upset but it won't be a deal-breaker. No character is, really.

Well, I hate to lock this, but there's nothing here that couldn't be discussed in other threads, I believe? The OCDT should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom