• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Home of the ROBSquad - R.O.B. Social Thread

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
A bit? It is much weaker and it is very obvious! I noticed there was something wrong within the first few matches.

I already lost an FG 1v1 match because of the nerf. Time ran out =(

This is a huge nerf to R.O.B. First the Infinite Burner, and now this.

LEAVE R.O.B. ALONE SAKURAI IF U JUST GONNA NERF !!!!!!!! Y U KEEP NERFING HIM !!!! WHERE R DA BUFFS !!!!
Don't worry it's not so bad. You will get used to it. Just adapt to the change and continue to kick a** with R.O.B.!

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
That is understating it. R.O.B. is the best and always will be!

Last edited:

Flaminginferno

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flaminginferno19
I don't mean to advertise my video but I found an interesting discovery. I recently uploaded a video showing an almost infinite combo R.O.B can perform on Charizard only on certain stages in smash Wii U. This combo does not seem to be reliable on Charizard on Smash 3DS but it works on other characters the same. It works on other characters but they have the option to escape out of it but you can act before they do here is the link to the video:http://youtu.be/Krlk00r5jek

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
So I'm trying to get used to playing ROB as a secondary/other main, but I'm not sure I quite grasp some of the techy parts of the gyro and item throwing, etc.. Do you have a few hints for me or tips on how to practice?

1FC0

Smash Lord
I like to practice ATs on FG 1v1 against noobs because going to training mode is so boring and many people on FG 1v1 are bad enough to use as training fodder anyway.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
So I'm trying to get used to playing ROB as a secondary/other main, but I'm not sure I quite grasp some of the techy parts of the gyro and item throwing, etc.. Do you have a few hints for me or tips on how to practice?
What do you know, I've got a guide that does just that! It might be helpful since it has training tips and such in it. If you're having some difficulties that aren't listed in the trouble shooting section of the guide, feel free to throw me a PM and I'll try to help you / add it to the guide.

Last edited:

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Welcome, @ Banjo8152 Banjo8152 !
As of now, I would say there is no undisputed best ROB. Just a handful of high caliber ROBs that all bring something to the table. Results will tell more as time goes on.
As for media, a lot of us don't get good media time. Only vids of me that get uploaded are mostly outdated and of me losing. I plan on uploading some soon from my own Wii U.
The person with maybe the most media and who is a high caliber player is 8bitman. He has a good handful or two of videos to watch. You can find those on this channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/vsgamingcenter

There's also a video of OCEAN and I think Pho (sp) that surfaced on youtube. But I can't find it right off, when I do, I will provide it for you.

Look out for vids of Holy Nightmare, myself, Gyo, Chibo (he has vids up, I just don't think he's the "best" as you requested), there were some vods on twitch of Sideknow, but I dont know if those got recorded (he was very impressive).

The game is young. Our footage is limited. But it's coming.

Hope this helps.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
@ Mister Eric Mister Eric Thanks man! That definitely helps a lot.
Anything to help!

And really quickly @ Mister Eric Mister Eric Is it better to fast-fall your nair, or just short hop regular speed?
So, If you are just shorthopping and nairing, fall at regular speed. You might be able to throw in a teeny bit of fast falling before you land, but the point is to land lagglessly. Just bc you land it laggless doesn't mean it's a free ticket tho. You still might get punished, so space that nair well also.
And try out full hop > fast fall nair for a good mix up

Same goes if you're recovering high, fast fall that nair and space it well.

p.s., for future reference you can hit the "edit" button if you want to add more to your post so that you don't end up double posting! Idc, but the "mean" mods might!
I know you're new, so just trying to save you some hassle =]

Last edited:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Last edited:

Breadbot

Smash Cadet
Holy ****, totally buying one.

Edit: Yikes, thirty...

Is there a deadline on this? I might have to wait a bit to buy one.
nope no deadline, it's there foreeeverrrr
and yeah, the site is kinda dumb in how all base prices must be I think 22ish dollars (I also wanted 5 dollars per shirt because I can't afford my own atm and want to </3 also need it for other things)
but it seemed to be the best site for getting it out there
kinda feel cheap lol

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
nope no deadline, it's there foreeeverrrr
and yeah, the site is kinda dumb in how all base prices must be I think 22ish dollars (I also wanted 5 dollars per shirt because I can't afford my own atm and want to </3 also need it for other things)
but it seemed to be the best site for getting it out there
kinda feel cheap lol
It's still really cool. I'll buy one once I get some extra dosh.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
So I found out tonight that R.O.B's upthrow does not kill your opponent first if used off-stage. Ended up losing the match because of that ;-;

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
So I found out tonight that R.O.B's upthrow does not kill your opponent first if used off-stage. Ended up losing the match because of that ;-;
It does usually. Guess it just depends on stage/port priority.

Any good TO would count that as a suicide move and give the match to R.O.B

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Really? I thought that ROB always died first from an uthrow suicide.
What's :4rob: vs :4falcon:?

Also, frame data on Fsmash?

:018:
F-smash
Frame 16-17: 15% 32b/100g (KO@ 109%) 41° 0.5-Hitlag Electric
Frame 16-17: 11.5% 32b/100g (KO@ 145%) 41° 0.5-Hitlag Electric
Frame 16-17: 6% 32b/100g (KO@ 258%) 41° 0.5-Hitlag Electric

All fsmash angles have the same frame data and damage. fsmash is stronger close to ROB, and weaker further away. The visual indicator of the beam is noticeably longer than the actual hitbox. I would say roughly 15-20% of the beam has no hitbox. The 15% speetspot hitbox basically only hits right at ROB's eyes.

These are values from 1.0.4, so it might be outdated. ROB seems unchanged in the patch aside from uthrow though.

Last edited:

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
Don't forget there is a hitbox behind the head of the same lenght of the sweetspot.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
It does usually. Guess it just depends on stage/port priority.

Any good TO would count that as a suicide move and give the match to R.O.B
Well, to explain what happened in a bit more detail...

It was on the stage Castle Siege and it was transitioning from the 3rd stage(the one with the lava background) back to the castle. I grab my opponent, the stage is transitioning, I go for the upthrow to end the stock, and it turns out that we were both off the stage for the castle portion and we both went down.

I saved the replay so when I get around to recording it, I'll post it in the video thread. I'm not sure if port-priority counts for online play, but my GC controller was in the player 4 slot.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
It has nothing to do with port priority, Ganoncide is the only one which kills the opponent first.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Well, good to find this out know rather than at a tournament match.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
It has nothing to do with port priority, Ganoncide is the only one which kills the opponent first.
There's definitely something going on there. When I do it my opponent dies first 90% of the time.

Lizard_Buttock

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1925-1807
So who here do you think has the best ROB-related avatar?
*coughmecough*

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Last edited:

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
Welcome, @ Banjo8152 Banjo8152 !
As of now, I would say there is no undisputed best ROB. Just a handful of high caliber ROBs that all bring something to the table. Results will tell more as time goes on.
As for media, a lot of us don't get good media time. Only vids of me that get uploaded are mostly outdated and of me losing. I plan on uploading some soon from my own Wii U.
The person with maybe the most media and who is a high caliber player is 8bitman. He has a good handful or two of videos to watch. You can find those on this channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/vsgamingcenter

There's also a video of OCEAN and I think Pho (sp) that surfaced on youtube. But I can't find it right off, when I do, I will provide it for you.

Look out for vids of Holy Nightmare, myself, Gyo, Chibo (he has vids up, I just don't think he's the "best" as you requested), there were some vods on twitch of Sideknow, but I dont know if those got recorded (he was very impressive).

The game is young. Our footage is limited. But it's coming.

Hope this helps.
Wow those were some awesome and intense matches! Also I have seen some of your matches as well and you seem to really know how to play R.O.B effectively. I think I would struggle if I vs. you or 8bitman.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
IT'S MY BEEP(BIRTH)DAY!

Wow those were some awesome and intense matches! Also I have seen some of your matches as well and you seem to really know how to play R.O.B effectively. I think I would struggle if I vs. you or 8bitman.
thx, beepo!

In the future I'm just gonna say "hella spaced" instead of "good spacing."
I mean, you have to distinguish between diff levels of spacing. Hella spaced is near perfect ;)

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Which members of the ROBsquad are going to SmashCon? I'm pretty sure I'm going.

Lunix7

Smash Apprentice
So who here do you think has the best ROB-related avatar?
*coughmecough*
Haha that's a pretty funny avatar though look at my awesome avatar! R.O.B. is driving his kart without even touching the steering wheel while looking up and piercing the heavens with his blood red eyes knowing full well he can't be stopped! XD

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
In case anyone was curious on my ROB suicide, here it is(had someone record the replay for me)

Top Bottom