• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Home of the ROBSquad - R.O.B. Social Thread

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Welcome, everyone!

APEX was wonderful. And I got tons of practice in. Got to see @ GwJ GwJ and @B_Bech which was super awesome. Hope to meet more of you in the future.

Who's goin to EVO 2015?

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
Hello, everyone. I lurked these forums before, but never really interacted with the R.O.B. community up until recently. R.O.B. was my secondary back in Brawl, and since my main back then got cut from this iteration of Smash, it made perfect sense for me to give R.O.B. a try as my main.

I'm BluePikmin11, loved using R.O.B. since his debut in Brawl, always used the classic Famicom design. Really hoping to master R.O.B. as soon as possible.

Sablé Prince AND Splatoon? I already can tell that you're a cool person with implacable taste!

Last edited:

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Welcome, everyone!

APEX was wonderful. And I got tons of practice in. Got to see @ GwJ GwJ and @B_Bech which was super awesome. Hope to meet more of you in the future.

Who's goin to EVO 2015?
Possibly, if I have the money and can get some time off. Some people from my region went to EVO 2014 and Apex 2015, and said it was a great experience. I'll be 20 at that time though. =/

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Possibly, if I have the money and can get some time off. Some people from my region went to EVO 2014 and Apex 2015, and said it was a great experience. I'll be 20 at that time though. =/
Lol, what's wrong with being 20? Too old? Or wish you were 21? ;)

Last edited:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If it makes you feel any better, I'm 22.

In all seriousness, I think Smash is more enjoyable at an older age. I don't know about other fighting games, but Smash really can be a "Yo dude come to [location 2 states away] because so-and-so will be there!" or simply you'll be able to meet up with people at a much shorter notice and without having to make as many plans. When you're young, you have to deal with parents not feeling safe with you leaving randomly or traveling across the state without someone they trust and whatnot.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
If it makes you feel any better, I'm 22.

In all seriousness, I think Smash is more enjoyable at an older age. I don't know about other fighting games, but Smash really can be a "Yo dude come to [location 2 states away] because so-and-so will be there!" or simply you'll be able to meet up with people at a much shorter notice and without having to make as many plans. When you're young, you have to deal with parents not feeling safe with you leaving randomly or traveling across the state without someone they trust and whatnot.
Yeah, highschool and the tourney life don't mix well. :drsad:

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
Brothers! Sons of Dr.Hector!
Let us all engage in a rousing Beep, and let the world know that R.O.B. is Not King Dedede!

(I swear if nobody knows what I'm talking about, you're using less than half of the online modes.)

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... Been gone for a while, sorry for that. It took a couple of 8-player smash matches with friends before my desire to play smash was rebooted.

Hello, everyone. I lurked these forums before, but never really interacted with the R.O.B. community up until recently. I go by C.A./LAYN and you can find both my FC and NNID on the left panel (and feel more than free to hit me up if anyone is interested in R.O.B. dittos, or just plain friendly matches with any character). R.O.B. was my secondary back in Brawl, and since my main back then got cut from this iteration of Smash, it made perfect sense for me to give R.O.B. a try as my main. Currently having a dilemma on trying to find a consistent character to use as a secondary to balance R.O.B.'s bad MUs, while at the same time trying to improve my R.O.B. skills to become as exceptional as I can with him. Shout-outs to baby blue being the best alt. and also to the fact that is 2015, yet still no Gyromite stage (Sakurai, you're killing me).
Welcome to the ROB squad.

Let us all engage in a rousing Beep, and let the world know that R.O.B. is Not King Dedede!

(I swear if nobody knows what I'm talking about, you're using less than half of the online modes.)
BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

And Dedede is not Diddy Kong. :laugh:

Too bad our team lost though.:urg:

:231:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I feel like I should say this,
@Masonomace utterly destroyed me a couple of days ago and I cried a lot.

Fear him as much as I do from now on please.

Kraklnpop

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kraklnpop
3DS FC
0044-3300-5357
Switch FC
SW 5400 9544 8229
Allo I am Kraklnpop...I've been playing R.O.B. Recently and I've decided to main him. I've been using him more and more in tournaments but there are still many questions I have. It is nice to meet you all

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Allo I am Kraklnpop...I've been playing R.O.B. Recently and I've decided to main him. I've been using him more and more in tournaments but there are still many questions I have. It is nice to meet you all
Welcome aboard the boards, Cap'n Krack'n! Scrubs to never listen to are Mister Eric , Robot, and Leisha. Cuz those guys are just losers.
:drflip:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Perhaps you just didn't get a chance to fight a good ROB.
Yeah, unfortunately not, the only R.O.B.s that I see on FG are ones that always camp, its pretty hard to go up against one that uses there projectiles too much, but I really wanna see a R.O.B. that mostly relies on there physical moves.

Last edited:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, unfortunately not, the only R.O.B.s that I see on FG are ones that always camp, is pretty hard to go up against one that uses there projectiles too much, but I really wanna see a R.O.B. that mostly relies on there physical moves.
Rushdown characters are good for closing the distance. Even though some players like an aggressive posture, most people on FG won't play that way. Using a rushdown character can force ROB into close-quarters combat.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Yeah, unfortunately not, the only R.O.B.s that I see on FG are ones that always camp, its pretty hard to go up against one that uses there projectiles too much, but I really wanna see a R.O.B. that mostly relies on there physical moves.
Unfortunately, FD encourages camping, and it's one of the best strategies to use. A good ROB will rely on his physical moves as much as his projectiles, and know when to switch between the two.

elitegrovyle

Smash Cadet
NNID
elitegrove
3DS FC
4828-5721-3535
Where do you go to find matches cause i want to pick up or at least get somewhat good with rob because i enjoy using him?

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Where do you go to find matches cause i want to pick up or at least get somewhat good with rob because i enjoy using him?
These are a bit outdated but check out this thread:
http://smashboards.com/threads/r-o-b-video-archive-thread.368827/

Best current vids to watch imo:
ROB vs Sheik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u6ww8t5sxY

ROB vs ZSS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFBgCLKThKY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_hmbvidaWA

Only vids I have up of me is me getting bopped. The up-to-date vids of me were on twitch, but I can't find them.
But it is what it is.
MK vs ROB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3gLLrmZOFI

Greninja vs ROB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DySBrjZVG0

Only thing up-to-date I have is from dubz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFfpHtlcw0E

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
50~ person tourney today :3
gonna have my work cut out for me

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Played in my first tournament last night. It *was* going to be a weekly, I believe. Unfortunately, we lost the venue cause someone decided to bring alcohol...

Anyhow, while I used Dedede for most of my sets, I did go ROB round 1 to take on a Pikachu. It was a pretty tight match, but a couple of unfortunate recovery attempts on his part left me with the win. IIRC I only played 3 sets, and lost that third one. It was single-elimination, probably for time reasons, so unfortunately I was just one round shy of semi-finals. I probably should've switched to ROB the last set, in retrospect, but I had never really played the Dedede-Peach match up in Smash 4 and wanted the experience.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What would guys say to getting a sort of crowd sourced R.O.B. guide going with the project being headed by one of the more active contributors here? For reference, in the Brawl days I made a community guide for R.O.B. that went pretty well and I took feedback from members on what to input on subjective matters and put together hitbox and frame data as well as other information. This led to a very nice compendium of data and gameplay tips.

@ Mister Eric Mister Eric @B_Bech @ChiboSempai

Last edited:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
What would guys say to getting a sort of crowd sourced R.O.B. guide going with the project being headed by one of the more active contributors here? For reference, in the Brawl days I made a community guide for R.O.B. that went pretty well and I took feedback from members on what to input on subjective matters and put together hitbox and frame data as well as other information. This led to a very nice compendium of data and gameplay tips.

@ Mister Eric Mister Eric @B_Bech @8-bit Man @ChiboSempai
Yes! We need this! Please, go for it!

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm not the best at compiling my thoughts. Just like how I fold under pressure of being on stream. I must get better at both, so I'm in!

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309

@ Mister Eric Mister Eric @B_Bech @ChiboSempai
I'd be happy to lend a hand in any way I can, Jumpman!

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
@ GwJ GwJ ,

I will be happy to help with this project. I also have a sense that the moveset thread and the proposed thread should be mutually beneficial in this case.

While we are on the same subject: What do you have in mind for the format? eg. all in one thread or linked to more specialized threads, etc.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I will not be heading this project because I'm 95% sure I don't have to time to do it. @ Mister Eric Mister Eric , would you be willing to lead this?
Little do you know how busy I stay as well. That's why I've been slacking on the boards tho. Let me collect myself. And yes, I will dedicate my time to it. But people will have to be patient on me.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Little do you know how busy I stay as well. That's why I've been slacking on the boards tho. Let me collect myself. And yes, I will dedicate my time to it. But people will have to be patient on me.
For you I would detonate a subspace bomb!

Top Bottom