• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Home of the ROBSquad - R.O.B. Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Also sucks that the only music he really has is Stack-Up/Gyromite, and there's not much material beyond that x-x
What R.O.B. has:

Character slot.

3 (Ya, that's right, isn't it?) trophies.

1 Music Track.

Character Icon (Gyro).

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Its cool. Not in a huge rush for it or anything. I'm at work actually, so I couldn't do much with it atm.
Yo **** I totally forgot about this. Did you ever get in, or do I need to add you still?

AkaGenesis

Smash Rookie
Hey, guys im a ROB main since brawl, from montreal (always in the shadow of Holy) and i would like to join the discord and skype group. Could somebody invite me plz? my id in both of them is akagenesis. thank you

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
So why are these boards dead? What would you guys need to start coming here more regularly?

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
So why are these boards dead? What would you guys need to start coming here more regularly?
Probably because almost all the good players are more active on Facebook or Skype with the exception of 8bitman, who isn't a part of anything I'm aware of, LoNg0uw LoNg0uw and @The_ViRu5, who aren't too active on these boards. I guess FB and Skype are just more accessible for people, which makes sense since you're more likely to passively have those platforms open compared to Smashboards. That or we just suck, RIP Smashboards.

LoNg0uw

Smash Rookie
im not that often on these boards i prefer to be in fb,skype or discord groups ^^
is there a robsquad discord server or skypr/fb group

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
im not that often on these boards i prefer to be in fb,skype or discord groups ^^
is there a robsquad discord server or skypr/fb group
There is a thread for a ROB discord, should be on the first page or page 2.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Are you guys ready for the update tomorrow? If there is a patch, here what I hope happens:

• R.O.B U throw kills the entire cast at 80% or under
  • R.O.B's nair is now Frame 3
  • R.O.B gyro cancel now has a 10 frame window
  • Dair and Bair are as fast as brawl iterations
  • Opponents can no longer fall out of uair
  • Gyro lasts longer when thrown
  • Sheik is removed from the game
  • The announcer laughs and your system corrupts if you choose ZSS
  • Falcon is now a clone of Young Link
ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THE R.O.B PATCH?

Furret24

Smash Master
Are you guys ready for the update tomorrow? If there is a patch, here what I hope happens:
  • R.O.B U throw kills the entire cast at 80% or under
  • R.O.B's nair is now Frame 3
  • R.O.B gyro cancel now has a 10 frame window
  • Dair and Bair are as fast as brawl iterations
  • Opponents can no longer fall out of uair
  • Gyro lasts longer when thrown
  • Sheik is removed from the game
  • The announcer laughs and your system corrupts if you choose ZSS
  • Falcon is now a clone of Young Link
ARE YOU GUYS READY FOR THE R.O.B PATCH?

Looks like ROB finally got the buffs he needed.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Shielded gyro remains there as an active hitbox and cannot be picked up. Infinite shield breaker.

Honestly, a shield regeneration nerf would help ROB I believe because periodical lasers and shielded gyros would wear down shields eventually. Also, proper Nair -> dtilt or fair.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Good news to the like two people who care. I've decided to be active on this forum again. No need for a welcome-back party (although it would be very flattering).

Doc Shoebox

Smash Rookie
NNID
superjaa
1 buff I found so far

Down smash uncharged now does 3% more (10% to 13%) Charged does 1% more(17% to 18%)

If I'm wrong go ahead and correct me

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Last edited:

DJGameGuy

Smash Rookie
NNID
DJGameGuy
I can confirm it did 10 uncharged. I'm gonna be pissed if this is all it is.

Apparently, R.O.B received some "Possible Parameter Changes".

http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-4-patch-notes.430023/#post-20832485
Yeah, I saw the possible parameter changes and tested out earlier using my buddy's Wii U with the new update. From what I tested it seems like
  1. Damage is the same for all standard moves, all charged smash attacks, laser, and gyro
  2. Movement speed, including ground, air, and fast fall is the same
  3. Weight is the same
  4. Kill percents for forward, back, and up throw, as well as fully charged smashes are the same
  5. The graphical glitch of not displaying ROBs "hurt" eye animation outside of single player modes has not been fixed
My methods probably were not the most accurate, and I forgot to test no charge smashes, so take these with a grain of salt. It'd be much appreciated if anyone else could double check these and test for thing I wasn't able to do (like Arm Rotor)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yeah, I saw the possible parameter changes and tested out earlier using my buddy's Wii U with the new update. From what I tested it seems like
  1. Damage is the same for all standard moves, all charged smash attacks, laser, and gyro
  2. Movement speed, including ground, air, and fast fall is the same
  3. Weight is the same
  4. Kill percents for forward, back, and up throw, as well as fully charged smashes are the same
  5. The graphical glitch of not displaying ROBs "hurt" eye animation outside of single player modes has not been fixed
My methods probably were not the most accurate, and I forgot to test no charge smashes, so take these with a grain of salt. It'd be much appreciated if anyone else could double check these and test for thing I wasn't able to do (like Arm Rotor)
5. Really?!?! Still not fixed?!?! That sucks...

Shabadoo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0061-2639-5568
So I'm a smash 4 player in a mid life crisis who decided to main R.O.B because he's a lot of fun and I click with him and he makes beeps and boops. Hi.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So I'm a smash 4 player in a mid life crisis who decided to main R.O.B because he's a lot of fun and I click with him and he makes beeps and boops. Hi.
Welcome to the ROBSquad.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Hey everyone.

I played R.O.B a while ago and back then couldn't get a feel for the character. However, I've been in search of a secondary for quite a while now (months, actually!) I have tried Ness, Sheik, Lucario and Marth but just never could dedicate myself enough or get a feel for them. I did enjoy playing them but none have just seemed to ever 'click' with me... BUT R.O.B has done that. So, R.O.B is going to be my new secondary. I played a few matches with him and spent a fair while in training mode and just had a blast. Looking forward to seeing where I can go with him. Any advice for a R.O.B newbie is greatly appreciated :)

Plus, I'm a Johnny 5 fan so... R.O.B is pretty much perfect.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Hey everyone.

I played R.O.B a while ago and back then couldn't get a feel for the character. However, I've been in search of a secondary for quite a while now (months, actually!) I have tried Ness, Sheik, Lucario and Marth but just never could dedicate myself enough or get a feel for them. I did enjoy playing them but none have just seemed to ever 'click' with me... BUT R.O.B has done that. So, R.O.B is going to be my new secondary. I played a few matches with him and spent a fair while in training mode and just had a blast. Looking forward to seeing where I can go with him. Any advice for a R.O.B newbie is greatly appreciated :)

Plus, I'm a Johnny 5 fan so... R.O.B is pretty much perfect.
You should read up on his ATs. This is probably the best source of info, albeit it a bit outdated. Here's one of the newest, most help ATs we can do - http://smashboards.com/threads/a-new-r-o-b-tech-instant-gyro-cancelling.421978/ Here's another one that I forgot about, and haven't tested myself yet - http://smashboards.com/threads/rob-tec-g-landing-or-gyro-landing.426625/

Here are the R.O.B social media chats:
FB
Discord: https://discord.gg/0gnK7YdWWDNx9zog

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
In Beast 6, we have 4 :4rob:s in top 64:

Long0uw
ccst
Robo~Luigi
Miguel

This is looking good so far!

Oh well, there are no :4rob:s in top 8, but Robo~Luigi and Long0uw got 13th.

Long0uw in particular had it hard. Got sent to losers by none other than Mr R. and got eliminated (unfortunately) by his own doubles teammate Sodrek.

He thinks it's a bad placing, but I don't!

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
He was top8 and knocked me out of losers..
At what point in bracket did he knock you out? At least he got far.

Good stuff altogether though, man. People like you keep me playing this character.

LoNg0uw

Smash Rookie
I was able to win both games against sodreks fox but at the end i choked :(
Was rough to play against ramin that early.

Last edited:

HaywireAndroid

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm HaywireAndroid, I've been playing sm4sh for about a year and a half, and R.O.B. has been my favorite main for the entire time I've had it.He's my only character that i really practice, because i want to really focus on my skills with him and hopefully enter in tourneys and not get eliminated in the first round! I'm hoping to better my gyro skills/ setups and learn a whole lot more about him from this amazing community! BEEP BOOP ROBSQUAD OP!:4rob::4rob:

Last edited:

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Don't know where to post this and I don't think it's worth its own thread, so I'll just throw it here.

Reverse grounded gyro was a pretty neat option in Brawl, but made much more difficult in this game because you can buffer a roll. I made a quick button map of side b versus gyro to figure out how difficult it would be to consistently use this option.

It turns out the input is actually pretty lenient, but the notches on the Gamecube controller make it more difficult because the corner will make you input a side b. It's also more lenient to input this in the air. However, if you input a reverse gyro in the air in the part where you would input a sideb on the ground a certain time before you land, you will buffer a roll.

Attachments

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
Hello, everyone. My name is GaroMaster GaroMaster and I main R.O.B in Smash 4. Although I haven't gone to many tournaments, I recently went to one at my local game store and very nearly beat the #1 person in my area. Alas, I lost after winning the 1st match.
However, I am striving to become a better R.O.B player and honestly find him to be the most underrated character in the game.

Top Bottom