• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy crap japan... haha wow.

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
Im sure if i played for $$$, it would be different. I make enough money doing something that I enjoy so i dont need to play for money. I just play for the love of the game.

Big tourneys with big $$$ are a different story but i dont have the time anymore to play as much and practice. Although i do enjoy reading about it here at work if i get a lil bored.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
We just play alot differently. Campy, and way more spacing.

And there were many oppurtunities to punish there with all the insta-approaching. Now if this was ROB vs Snake... I doubt it would be anywhere near as"fast". Its not the Japanese its Fox and Falco.

BEES

Smash Lord
Fox/Falco is always a fast match. They have many ways of dealing with each other.

In the Japanese video, they're also constantly SHADing. If nothing else, they're going to trip less since they're in the air more.

They could've done some things better, but honestly it wouldn't have made it slower or less entertaining. They were simply using the quickest, least punishable moves of their characters in succession and moving around in the fastest way possible to confuse each other. Very quick, interesting match.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
So has anyone actually played any of these two guys, or are most of the statements in this thread going to be left unproven?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
It just looks really "flashy".

My question is, if we didn't know that this was played by two asians, would there be such a big fuss over it?

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
no 1 is ever happy. lol these guys diidnt play with all that in mind that a whole thread would be created to cretique their playstyle and mistakes. but its good to do so... so

Kirio

Smash Apprentice
All they're doing is throwing every attack under the sun at each other. "Better" involves being able to not get hit, not being able to trade more hits per second than the US.
While it would be stupid of me to say it's not important to not get hit, I'd like to point out it's not nearly as important as it was in Melee. Brawl hits don't guarantee roughly 50% or more from combos. This play-style is much more interesting to me.

Maki

Smash Rookie
I find it funny how people think they would play like this against Snake.

Bud

Smash Journeyman
anything in regular brawl is boring after youve played fast brawl for 2 months, its just plain better and makes the offensive player much more dominant. Try airdodge/spotdodge out of combos in fast brawl, its much harder and makes combos the dominant strategy. If you plan on arguing against fast brawl, then please, try it out for a day before you shoot it down because, for me, it ***** regular brawl in fun and skill.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Flashy, but WAY too aggressive. I'm nowhere near the level of the top US players and I know that I could beat these guys, because mindgames are my specialty(I concentrate more on Yomi then ATs, always have, probably always will), and against people who fall into such obvious set-ups all the time, it would be a cake-walk to trap them and destroy them.

Again, they're just flashy, nothing more. Play to win.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
Flashy, but WAY too aggressive. I'm nowhere near the level of the top US players and I know that I could beat these guys, because mindgames are my specialty(I concentrate more on Yomi then ATs, always have, probably always will), and against people who fall into such obvious set-ups all the time, it would be a cake-walk to trap them and destroy them.

Again, they're just flashy, nothing more. Play to win.
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4700267&postcount=171

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they're really better than us. I think it's a combination of the following things(most of which people have said)

1) Empty short hops with fast fall. They just seem faster that way cause they're constantly moving faster. Even if there's not point to them(well I guess seeming faster intimidates the opponent).

2) As PK hexagon said, they run into a lot of set ups...and they don't care. That has a lot to do with just their play-style. Only thing is, is their representing those two players, or all of japan. Think about that for a second since this IS just two players.

3) Kinda similar to point two, they're both incredibly aggressive. Not only that but fox and falco are generally seen as faster characters with moves that are a bit less laggy. It's like putting two fast characters in a small box with nowhere to space themselves. That's what they're doing, not giving themselves, or each other space. That's mainly just because they're BOTH incredibly aggressive. The disadvantage to that is they're running into so many set ups. The other thing is, if one of them weren't as aggressive, I doubt the match would go half as fast, just because the other person would probably try and space themselves a lot more, forcing a lot more "approaching" to occur. They approach each other like...5 times in the match cause they're constantly next to each other. In most games here, a lot of characters DEPEND on forcing the other to approach.

Anyways, just some thoughts on it. I don't think they're better, so much as trying to seem faster.

Honestly I think they just miss their good ol', fast melee. =b (who doesn't though? lol)

Exactly this.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
how about instead of walking into setups maybe they were just set up? ever think of that? I mean every setup is obvious to an on looker, especially the second or thrid time you watch the video.

If your gonna say they walked into setups then say that about every U.S player. You know when azen got chaingrabbed by M2K? He totally walked into that setup.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
how about instead of walking into setups maybe they were just set up? ever think of that? I mean every setup is obvious to an on looker, especially the second or thrid time you watch the video.
Because I only really saw it once, and I saw the setup BEFORE it was too late.

Furthermore, the simple fact of the matter is that in brawl, the defensive options are overpowered, unless you have some new AT that changes that somehow, just this level of aggression (unless one player is beating the other by a massive margin) tells you that they're doing something wrong. Where's the shielding? After that, it's a question of "what's the mistake"?

If your gonna say they walked into setups then say that about every U.S player. You know when azen got chaingrabbed by M2K? He totally walked into that setup.
Walking into setups is not a Boolean value, even the best occasionally walk into an obvious-seeming setup (generally because a lot of mindgames were involved but still). Instead, it's the NUMBER of setups that a person walks into that makes this an issue. If a person is walking into a setup every half second... I'm sorry but that's not good.

Mr.Snifflez

Smash Cadet
Seriously 99% of the people who posted are garbage and have no names for themselves..Post videos of you playing please?........*quietness*

Top Bottom