• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hold on, GOD TIER???

Blatherskite

Smash Apprentice
The first laser is good because it prevents your opponent from being able to jump over the second one.

chimpxstyle

Smash Cadet
Yeah, he needs it cause of how bad he really is. Go ahead and be God Tier Falco, R.O.B. will be on your f****** tail though.
Falco is actually very good. He is just a little more defensive than his previous incarnation. He still has combo'ablity its just very different from melee. His Fsmash and Uair are pretty ******** powerful when used correctly. His shine is a very good move when used defensively.
He may be possibly top tier again. There are no bad space animals.

:034:

Smash Hero
Falco does look good, but so do plenty others. He doesn't stand out in particular, though. His new SHDL is a good approach, though, but since you can't come as close as you could in Melee (because you can't move when you shoot your laser, only when you start your jump), it might be less useful.

Adi

Smash Lord
From what I've seen he definitely has the potential to be high tier, we just need to adapt and play more defensive.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
From what I've seen he definitely has the potential to be high tier, we just need to adapt and play more defensive.
yea :\ i hope he's gonna be pretty good.. a lil weird about the defensive thing but.. w/e, looks like we'll have to wait until march 9th eh? But, from what i've seen of wolf, i'm definately gonna try to main him :$ I've wanted him since i heard about brawl, so hopefully he'll be okay

Master WGS

Smash Lord
There's only one reason why Falco will ever be God tier.

Landmaster. Can he SHDL THAT laser?

Joking aside, though it doesn't look nearly as intimidating as its Melee counterpart, I think this could be a useful technique. As Blatherskite said earlier, the first laser stops your opponent from jumping over number two.

Aerialist

Smash Cadet
No tech moves thus far in brawl look all that intimidating. Besides, tech moves aren't all that necessary, it all boils down to your ability to read your opponents move.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Seems somewhat similar to Fox's SHDL from SSB64, if that's the case, it'll be good.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
There's only one reason why Falco will ever be God tier.

Landmaster. Can he SHDL THAT laser?

Joking aside, though it doesn't look nearly as intimidating as its Melee counterpart, I think this could be a useful technique. As Blatherskite said earlier, the first laser stops your opponent from jumping over number two.
This all well and good, but at the topic of landmaster, did you guys know that wolf isn't another fox clone like falco? Actually, Falco and Fox are wolf clones. Wolf has the land master, they have the blue land master.

XD MasterWGS you know what I'm talkin' about lol

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
It does seem that Falco, despite no longer having shine combos, made the transition to Brawl very nicely. He still looks as beast as ever, just in a different way than in Melee. Can't wait to play him.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
well actually i don't know about tiers.
brawl seems pretty balanced so far,
but we haven't had the chance to take it apart yet.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I was having trouble getting the SHDL to connect, and it often goes too high to hit smaller characters.

I think Falco might still have a laser game.

The landmaster was unstoppable, I was getting 4-5 kills each time with it by dragging them off the top.

Falco's down air has zero lag, so you can shuffle them, or down air to any other move.

Starscream

Smash Ace
Looks more difficult to land properly. Which is fine, just means more practice and precision. I'd love to see some game play videos that showcase some proper application of the new SHL.

Top Bottom