• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hocotate meets Koppai! +1

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
During the credits after classic mode, if you do a fastfall uair, the amount of freeze frames while hitting a name is long enough to carry over to hitting the next name, keeping you stuck in place mid-air until names stop scrolling past you. :p

This probably only works with yellow pikmin since it has the electricity effect which increases freeze frames. But it's still really funny looking

BulborbAdventurer

Smash Rookie
During the credits after classic mode, if you do a fastfall uair, the amount of freeze frames while hitting a name is long enough to carry over to hitting the next name, keeping you stuck in place mid-air until names stop scrolling past you. :p

This probably only works with yellow pikmin since it has the electricity effect which increases freeze frames. But it's still really funny looking
you can also upsmash to keep pikmin stuck there

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman

Throwing pikmin of any color seems to do it too. In fact, I seem to remember all the colors sticking when I hit the names with just about any pikmin throwing/swinging attack.

Legend28469

Smash Cadet
NNID
Legend28469
I'm gonna stick with Olimar. While we have some really difficult matchups like Rosalina. It's really fun to play as him

Legend28469

Smash Cadet
NNID
Legend28469
Smash for Wii U Olimar vs Donkey Kong in for Glory. Just me kicking some day one tail

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
I went to my university's Smash Club yesterday to try out the Wii U version. I won most of the 1v1 matches with Olimar.

It really doesn't mean anything substantial since most of the people playing were Melee players, as I think they were trying out Smash 4 for the first time also. But I do feel happy about it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I tasted Olimar induced tears tonight. They're pretty good and make me play better. ;)

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Why has been Olimar been put as low tier as of recent, I still think he's perfectly fine.
Well a couple reasons. First off it's a Japanese tier list so that accounts for only one region. Secondly they really don't have much to go off of if people won't use the characters in tournament, or at least do well when they do. Finally they have been playing on 3ds this entire time, and when you couple that with ignorant assumptions of what a character is capable of you are bound to get bad results.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna stick with Olimar. While we have some really difficult matchups like Rosalina. It's really fun to play as him
Between the plucking, the tossing, the whistles, constantly tracking each color for maximum benefit, I always feel like I'm working 4 times as hard as my opponent to get stuff done. But that's part of the fun!

I actually like the 3 pikmin change. It makes strategy so much more important, and playing Olimar in Smash is actually like playing the Pikmin games in that way.

I tasted Olimar induced tears tonight. They're pretty good and make me play better. ;)
I got my first JV3 stock with Olimar against Little Mac today in For Glory. Purple pikmin vs Mac's Recover = laughter. After 2 more beatings, the Mac player quit out.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Guess Myran's a DQ (8) fan. Jessica's my girl.

Wouldn't you guys want Olimar to be low on whatever list anyway? That makes winning with him so much more satisfying. It's like comparing winning with Sheik and Zelda. One's meh, other's pretty flippin' fantastic.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Guess Myran's a DQ (8) fan. Jessica's my girl.

Wouldn't you guys want Olimar to be low on whatever list anyway? That makes winning with him so much more satisfying. It's like comparing winning with Sheik and Zelda. One's meh, other's pretty flippin' fantastic.
I love DQ8, also I just don't like stupid people blurting out stuff about a character they don't know.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I was seriously into DQ8 back in the day... tried to max out Jessica's skills but I got sick of farming at the Dragovian trials forever.

And I getcha, but at least from what I'm seeing I guess I should expect a reprise of what happened to Olimar in Brawl. :)

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I was seriously into DQ8 back in the day... tried to max out Jessica's skills but I got sick of farming at the Dragovian trials forever.

And I getcha, but at least from what I'm seeing I guess I should expect a reprise of what happened to Olimar in Brawl. :)
Beat Ultimate Dragon at level 65. To lazy to grind any higher. Also yeah people will understand he's good one day.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Leveling up is really easy. Just farm the Metal King Slimes in the Dragon Graveyard with those 50% critical moves. (Hero spear/Yangus axe) The monsters that might join the MKS actually revive them, lol.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Leveling up is really easy. Just farm the Metal King Slimes in the Dragon Graveyard with those 50% critical moves. (Hero spear/Yangus axe) The monsters that might join the MKS actually revive them, lol.
I prefer to do it at the one place that has all the different slimes (Can't remember the name). Just got to lazy after awhile. I beat the game like 5 times now. Each time playing at least 100 hours.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow that's some dedication. Did you get the mobile version of it?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I see. I got the game for my tablet too but I'm only an hour in and haven't really touched it :(

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I see. I got the game for my tablet too but I'm only an hour in and haven't really touched it :(
It's one of my favorite games so when I do sit down to start a new file I go to town. In my most recent one I'm up to darksteel dragon at level 48, and managed to collect all the mini medals without having to look up locations. (A feat that I usually didn't accomplish).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow, that's pretty impressive. I don't think I ever found them all. Thing I remember the most about DQ8 is people being enveloped in a wave of ice and the anger that ensued :c

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice stuff Angbad :)

Anybody watch Once Upon a Time last night? So sad :c

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Holy crap last week's metalbending battle was sick. Really disappointed about what Toph said about Katara. If I could pick, water would definitely be my element.

Zhu Li's gonna have to face Varrick and Asami's dad is definitely going to do something... maybe help create some tech to disable the mini-Vaatu weapons.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Holy crap last week's metalbending battle was sick. Really disappointed about what Toph said about Katara. If I could pick, water would definitely be my element.

Zhu Li's gonna have to face Varrick and Asami's dad is definitely going to do something... maybe help create some tech to disable the mini-Vaatu weapons.
I'm definitely looking forward to this ending. Also I'm all about earth bending. I even have a jacket with the Earth Kingdom symbol on it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Didn't think too much of earthbending until Book 3 of Korra. Super impressed and metalbending is sooo slick.

Would like to see that jacket though.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Neat stuff. Won't lie though that costs a freaking arm and leg :(

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
I think we have a really good match up against diddy. Our fsmash destroys the banana and keeps going to hit diddy if he runs after the throw.

Top Bottom