• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hmmm...interesting. New AT, ROB can use it ^.^

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Basically it's a Jump Cancelled Item Throw. Instead of a glide toss, where you throw an item midway through a roll, you foxtrot, jump, and throw the item at almost the same time you jump.

Button input is like...

Dash forward -> Immediately press X+A+Direction

It doesn't go as far as a glide toss, but...that's a good thing.

You know Dribbling? When Diddy Kong glide tosses a banana down over and over again across the stage, like a wavedash? Well, with this new tech, ROB can do the same thing with his gyro.

:)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I could record a video but it's a lot easier to just go into training mode and try it. You can basically consider it a shorter glide toss. Which means we can dribble our gyro. Which is obviously useful.

Ruse

Fox
Can't test right now, or else I would just try it myself, but can you just Dash>Jump+Throw with the C-Stick instead?

Muro

Smash Lord
not really new, links use it to compensate for the lack of a glide toss, useful nonetheless

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Well, this is the first I've heard of it.

And...most people here.

Jump Cancelled Item Throwing is old? You sure you're not talking about DACIT?

Edit: I'm positive you're talking about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjdQY5SOqEE

This isn't DACIT, this is Jump Cancelled Item Toss. JCIT.

Different techniques.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
hmm, maybe you're right. not sure, i've only heard of dacit and glide tossing before this but I won't rule it out.

either way, i'm showing the rob boards now. dribbling, yay

HugS™

Smash Lord
qft
this has been known for a LONG time
not really new, links use it to compensate for the lack of a glide toss, useful nonetheless
i heard rob has a laser too?
This is why good ROB's don't post about tricks and strategies.

Because pompous people come in here ready to point out how "old" something is and neglect to consider that some people may have never learned of the discovery.

So keep being proud of what you do know, because I guarantee there are things you don't know, and you probably won't hear any of it from me.

Good post @ Stingers though.

Muro

Smash Lord
This is why good ROB's don't post about tricks and strategies.

Because pompous people come in here ready to point out how "old" something is and neglect to consider that some people may have never learned of the discovery.

So keep being proud of what you do know, because I guarantee there are things you don't know, and you probably won't hear any of it from me.

Good post @ Stingers though.
lol i didnt mean to be an ***, just pointing out that its not new, but of course he did right posting it, i dont think stingers felt attacked in any way by my post... anyway props to stingers

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Its known, but is horribly underused. Using it, gives ROB different distances/options. The long glide toss, the short glide toss, etc. So, it worth getting familiar with and instituting into your game for times when glide-tossing just won't do.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Dude what the **** are you talking about? lol
It was sarcasm; he was trying to point out that the AT was already known about.

And as for the whole "Links already use this" I know Toon Link does this. I've been playing toon for a while now and I use this since he has no glide toss.

Hyro

Smash Lord
luuuuuuuuuuurk

JCT is the ****. I could glide toss...but I dun wanna. hmph :X

TEECO

Smash Ace
Lol.

Im going to try this right now

Brb with my thoughts...

EDIT: Hmm it was stupid to me at first, then I liked it, now I think it's stupid again.
Ill keep messing with it.

-While messing around trying out this new trick, I did something pretty sweet and trippy. If you dash off stage reverse a gyro charge, and cancle it imediatley it catches onto the ledge. Another way to grab the ledge quickly, easier way imo.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Hyro, stop lurking on my board.. No one wants your gay name on their screen. > : (
Idk, he seems pretty cool to me.
LoZftw!

Oh, as for it's usefulness, I think it shines most when you run away from the opponet and JAHCTZQY throw it behind you when they chase.

Top Bottom