• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee for SSBB thread

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I wouldnt choose these two for brawl. There are better pokemon that can be in if anymore are in.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
I wouldn't choose HitmonCHAN, because HitmonCHAN sucks. HitmonLEE kicks ***.
Hitmonlee may kick ***, but Hitmonchan punches ***.

lame, I know.

zuloon

Smash Journeyman
McFox said:
I wouldn't choose HitmonCHAN, because HitmonCHAN sucks. HitmonLEE kicks ***.
Jackie Chan>Bruce Lee because Bruce Lee is older, therefore if they got into a fight guess who would win?

THAT'S RIGHT! JACKIE CHAN WOULD WIN, BUDDY!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
zuloon said:
Jackie Chan>Bruce Lee because Bruce Lee is older, therefore if they got into a fight guess who would win?

THAT'S RIGHT! JACKIE CHAN WOULD WIN, BUDDY!
Chuck Norris > Jacki Chan > Bruce Lee

Anyway, The Hitmon's would be cool, but unlikely. I'd rather have Hitmonlee out of all of them cause he kicks and reminds me of chuck Norris.

NOTE: The comparison above lists in terms of acting, not martial arts.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
McFox, lets limit this from a "YOU LIKE JACKIE CHAN YOU SUCK!" topic to the original intent of the thread. It's just plain wrong to tell someone their stupid.suck etc., for their opinion. Anyway, Htmonlee is more cool, dynamic, and powerful than Hitmonchan, and he was in a pokeball, while the other Hitmons haven't. I thought of something for their pokeballs:

hitmonlee: rolling Kick
Hitmonchan: Sky Uppercut
Hitmontop: Spins around and catches in everyone.

PS: You forgot the entire first word of my screen name

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
False. I find the Pokemon bias hilarious. Pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, and it's certainly their best-selling in a long time. "There's four Pokemon, there can't be any more."

This goes back to the general mindset that it doesn't matter how good a character is, but rather that a certain number of characters should "represent" every franchise, based on completely arbitrary and stupid stats like how much that particular franchise sells and how big of a fanbase it has. Because I bet that's what happens at Sora:

Sakurai: How's work on Hitmonlee coming?
Worker: Well, we've hit a problem.
Sakurai: What's that?
Worker: Well, we already HAVE four Pokemon, how could we POSSIBLY add another?
Sakurai: Oh I see. Well, that's a shame. Hitmonlee would've been a great character, and we had a bunch of good ideas for him, but Pokemon representation has been limited to four members. There's no possible way we could add another.
Worker: Yeah, that makes a whole lot of sense.
Sakurai: It's almost like these kinds of rules AREN'T completely made up by people who are stupid.
Worker: Yeah, that's how smart they are.

Stupid. Limiting a certain number of characters from a franchise based on "They already HAVE X amount of representatives" is completely moronic.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
OK I will agree that pichu will probably leave, but not for these pokemon maybe for a newer pokemon.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
McFox said:
False. I find the Pokemon bias hilarious. Pokemon is one of Nintendo's biggest franchises, and it's certainly their best-selling in a long time. "There's four Pokemon, there can't be any more."

This goes back to the general mindset that it doesn't matter how good a character is, but rather that a certain number of characters should "represent" every franchise, based on completely arbitrary and stupid stats like how much that particular franchise sells and how big of a fanbase it has. Because I bet that's what happens at Sora:

Sakurai: Oh I see. Well, that's a shame. Hitmonlee would've been a great character, and we had a bunch of good ideas for him, but Pokemon representation has been limited to four members. There's no possible way we could add another.
Sakurai: It's almost like these kinds of rules AREN'T completely made up by people who are stupid.

Stupid. Limiting a certain number of characters from a franchise based on "They already HAVE X amount of representatives" is completely moronic.
However a Pokemon game has not been anounced for the Wii.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
zombie7775 said:
Brawl doesnt need anymore pokemon. Four is enough.
However many Miyamato or Sakurai decide is enough.

EDIT: @ Basement dweller/Zombie: Actually, I've seen s creens for a pokemon game on the Wii. I'll see if I can fin them again.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
well yeah the hitmons have no chance of being characters, 0% chance. but there are more important pokemon than pichu.
no pokemon game for wii? try pokemon battle revolution.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Wouldnt it make sense to put a pokemon from Pearl and Diamond. It is the next two to come out.

leviathan_

Smash Journeyman
Meh, they won't make it unfortunately because they're not as popular as the "legendary" Pokemon. But the Hitmon family going into SSBB is a very interesting thought.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
FiErCe_oNi said:
well yeah the hitmons have no chance of being characters, 0% chance. but there are more important pokemon than pichu.
no pokemon game for wii? try pokemon battle revolution.
When was that anounced, anyway I think newer pokemon would be a better choice, but they might make good characters ifthey got in.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
na the hitmon family is a trio. thats why they stand no chance. they would all have to get in and that would waste space. there not even that popular. some people prefer the original 151 pokemon over all the new riip offs. legendarys auctually stand a less chance of being characters. most of them arent humanoid enough or too big. pokemon battle revolution was announced. its like the wii pokemon stadium.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The Basement Dweller said:
However a Pokemon game has not been anounced for the Wii.
Even if this was correct, it has nothing to do with what I said.

I agree that the Hitmons have almost no chance (it is not, as someone said, 0% though), but that doesn't mean that they aren't better than some of the characters that WILL make it in.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
McFox said:

Hahaha. Oh man, people and their Pokemon hate. It's funny, really.

Hitmons? Eh, sure, why not.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
If anyone from the Hitmon family should be in the game, it's their pre-evolved form, Tyrogue. Using the D-pad, it should be able to transform. Pressing it to the left makes it Hitmonlee, pressing it to the right makes it Hitmonchan, and pressing it to the bottom makes it Hitmontop (hitting it to the top does the taunt, like always). Unlike Zelda, once you evolve Tyrogue, it won't be able to change back, until you can select it from the character screen again.

That way, you can get the entire Hitmon family in there and they all take up one character. It would also be a better representation of the second generation Pokemon than Pichu.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
McFox said:
Hitmontop sucks. He's not even named after a martial artist.
Then howabout we rename him.... HitmonReyes?! HitmonVanDamme? HitmonNorris?

Well, anyway, Hitmontop was a pretty bad pokemon. I got one, it sucked, then I traded in my Hitmonlee from Blue version, it rocked.

In short: Htmonlee for Brawl because he's the most powerful.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Both should stay in pokeball.
I'm guessing you meant to say "should be" instead of "should stay" because Hitmonchan was never in a pokeball in the first place, although Hitmonlee was in SSB64, but I'm hoping he'll come back in Brawl just like meowth did

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
I could imagine a pokemon trainer who has Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee and can switch between those two.

Chan could be the fast combo-like type, and Lee the strong but slower finisher-type.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I want Hitmonlee to be a pokeball pokemon again like in SB64.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Oh wow, I just had a dream the other night that they were in, along with a bunch of others (that have no chance, but hey, its a dream)

Of course, in my dream, there were literally hundreds of characters.

Top Bottom