• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hit recovery tier list?

Joe_1

Smash Cadet
I saw a recovery tier list a while back, and i decided what character can recover from a hit the best?
Like if ure hit up in the air, the time it takes for you to pull out a nuetral air so your opponent can't hit you again.

I guess here the top would be floaty characters with samus as no.1.
Fox as bottom

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
Wow, certain characters really do recover from hits faster? I just thought i was imagining it this whole time

PS4Lthekingofsmash

Smash Rookie
Without a doubt it would be Yoshi. No jokes.
His wieght fits it perfectly and I think that the creators put something in there to make him harder to combo.
Out of some grabs he/she/it can hit you before your lagtime is done. It can get rediculous(sp?) at times.

Yoshi - no joke - would probably be the number 1.

But it may be different at different percentages.

Also, don't forget CrouchCancelling.

PS4L

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
This is a very good question. I think Scotu was investigating something similar, otherwise we can start from scratch, but I know this definitely exists from fighting against the same people with Samus and then Falco... huge difference.

No_Face

Smash Apprentice
To me it seems like Link gets out of combos unnaturally fast as well. I think THIS WARRANTS INVESTIGATION

edit --- also why does everything have to be a tier list? Why not just a normal list?

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
I know Peach and Jiggs are fast, but I'm not sure who's the fastest. I'm gonna guess Yoshi because CPUs retaliate with nairs midair all the time.

Echoist

Smash Apprentice
Luigi, Doc, Mario and Peach. Their Neutral air comes out in 3 frames, and Yoshi's as well I think.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
^^^Not what he's talking about. He means stun time after getting hit.

I always thought it was Ganon/Falcon tied for first...

Hax

Smash Champion
i think top tier would be ganon/falcon tied as well...

Joe_1

Smash Cadet
Yea i mean wat 56k is saying...

E.g. you are playing as link who has a bad lag after his dash attack.
You dash attack falco, then mayb at like 30% theres time to do an up tilt.
But with lets say peach, you do that and at 30% before you recover, peach has already recovered from the stun to hit you with a neutral a.

Srry for the misunderstanding, its not the time for a neutral a to come out, but the stun time u take from an attack. the less the higher up in the tier list u r

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
surprisingly bowser's is pretty quick, he cant be throw/knee'd by cf or up throw up aired by fox if you airdodge with perfect timing (pretty tough to do, but its second nature to me now)

he's a super heavy floaty, he's not up with like luig or samus i wouldn't think haha but if y ou are going to mess around with this you might as well keep it in mind

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
surprisingly bowser's is pretty quick, he cant be throw/knee'd by cf or up throw up aired by fox if you airdodge with perfect timing (pretty tough to do, but its second nature to me now)

he's a super heavy floaty, he's not up with like luig or samus i wouldn't think haha but if y ou are going to mess around with this you might as well keep it in mind
that's because fox / falcon have this massive afterlag from throwing fat / heavy chars like bowser / samus.

i actually never really thought about this... but honestly will it make much of a difference...? will everyone start playing ganon (LOOLOLLOL?!?!) if he recovers from attacks faster...?

eh screw that, scotu get the hell in here. i wanna know too!

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Well, even if ganon/falcon have the fastest recovery, they aren't necessarily the best at breaking combos because they don't have a super fast + high priority aerial they can whip out, right?

Gimpy, I wanna see this, record some vs falcon vids <3

SCOTU

Smash Hero
It has strictly to do with the knockback of the attack (which has to do with the individual attack, the characters % after the attack, and the weight of the character). heavier characters will have less stun time. Strictly. It has nothing to do with floatiness, nor fall speed. Just weight. it just sometimes doesn't seem like it, since lighter characters like luigi are farther away when they're out of stun.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
How com link can unaturally nair in the middle of a random combo, distrupting it

Top Bottom