• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hit lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiSCO

Smash Rookie
Is there different hit lag associated with different characters?
To be more specific...
I've been practicing SHDF using Z, and I've got it to the point where I can feel whether or not I'm going to get out that second fair. I was training against Fox earlier and I could NOT get a second fair out when I hit Fox with the first. Messing around against Ganondorf I had no problem.
Any explanation? Maybe I really am just messing up. It seems doubtful though, I know I'm getting my rising fairs. :/

clowsui

Smash Legend
Try to use A or C-Stick...Z can turn into JCed grab if you mess up and that kinda sux in matches.

Anyways, you might have a faulty Z buton or yer just not timing the second one right. It's early morning and I have a paper to research for, so I don't know the exact instance.

demonsbane105

Smash Journeyman
Is there different hit lag associated with different characters?
To be more specific...
I've been practicing SHDF using Z, and I've got it to the point where I can feel whether or not I'm going to get out that second fair. I was training against Fox earlier and I could NOT get a second fair out when I hit Fox with the first. Messing around against Ganondorf I had no problem.
Any explanation? Maybe I really am just messing up. It seems doubtful though, I know I'm getting my rising fairs. :/
I don't think so. fox just falls faster than ganon, to put it bluntly. you notice sometimes, on very low damages, that when you strike an opponent, they will rise off the ground just a little bit, as part of the knockback animation. i'm guessing fox's fast falling properties make him recover faster from a hit. and someone above mentioned not to use Z in a shdf since it could lead to an accidental jc grab. well, he/she was right. you can use Z in the second fair, but i wouldn't use it in the first one. (I don't really use it anyway, except for grabbing)

DiSCO

Smash Rookie
Z is really the only way I can get it off. My hands aren't really fast enough to do it consistently... I jump with X.
No other method has really worked. I can't really short hop all that well with Y, because to short hop I just flick the bottom of the X button, and I can't do that with Y.
I've tried sliding from X to A but that almost always results in failure or a full jump.

Ah well, I guess I'll work on it some more.

spikey151

Smash Rookie
I also had trouble doing SH 2x fair when I used the X button. But when I switched to Y to jump it made things alot easier for me. Don't know bout you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom