• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High tier?

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
So, Im an Ike mainer who knows very little about Snake but from what you guys know do you think he will be high tier? I think he's going to be. In a tournament I was in, I got 3rd and a Snake player got first and this was out of 152 people. Snake really did own. Could he be the best character out of everybody in the game? By the way, how do you use the codec?

waks

Smash Journeyman
Snake's like, potential top tier.

To use his codec, you must tap down rapidly in his stage till you see him use his codec instead of going into his usual box taunt.

Hostility

Smash Ace
So, Im an Ike mainer who knows very little about Snake but from what you guys know do you think he will be high tier? I think he's going to be. In a tournament I was in, I got 3rd and a Snake player got first and this was out of 152 people. Snake really did own. Could he be the best character out of everybody in the game? By the way, how do you use the codec?
I'd say bottom of top tier. But I think metaknight, wolf, marth, and toon link are better than snake.

Xxll_The Boss_llxX

Smash Cadet
Yeah Snake's definitely near the top of the list. A lot of people think TL's at the top, but meh. Really, the only thing Snake lacks is good aerial game. Otherwise, I don't see how Snake wouldn't be close to top tier >.>

Farago

Smash Rookie
Snake has awesome aerials. I should compose a tutorial on how much more aerial tricks snake can do if he pulls a grenade out.

ChrisLionheart

Smash Apprentice
he is definitely up there. High if not the absolute top, however, smash bros brawl has done a good job with counter picks. There are ways to take snake apart through good usage of different characters. But snake is solid, he's heavy, he has priority like none other. Kojima must be quite smug right about now.

Eternalfire

Smash Journeyman
he is definitely up there. High if not the absolute top, however, smash bros brawl has done a good job with counter picks. There are ways to take snake apart through good usage of different characters. But snake is solid, he's heavy, he has priority like none other. Kojima must be quite smug right about now.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Repeat that.

"But snake is solid..."

I agree. I think we should nickname him "Solid Snake".

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Still better than how Sonic is. SEGA is probably furious at Nintendo.
Back on topic.
I'd say Snake is top of the High Tier. He has great midgames, powerful moves, potent and flexible projectiles, and a very good recovery, but he's lacking mobility. I understand why though.

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
His mortars punish Air characters along with grenades and dropping his C4 below onto someone in the air. Even if he has weak aerials make the enemies come to you and pnish them, who cares if you cant go and fight in the air.

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
Srry, I have been playing Snake for only a day or two so I may say some mistakes. Well, I've decided on snake because I have been using Ike and all he can use is his sword so having Snake as my other main gives me so much flexability and possibilities. Snake is also on the top Five at tournaments almost every time that I have seen.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
To all those who don't get it about his airial game, it's not his airial attacks that are bad. In fact, they're great. However, he has trouble with the whole 'air' part. His airials are best used close to the ground, and his options are limited while he's actually fighting in mid-air, as opposed to SHairial attacking.

Top Bottom