• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hidden inputs

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Hidden inputs

Do you guys hide inputs in your moves?

Take Grounded Wizkick for example...
It clashes every now and then with a lot of your opponents attacks.
By pressing neutral A just as your Wizkick is about to connect, you can "hide a buffered jab" in the move.

Doesn't this mess up your gameplay and concentration in general?
Well...

WK Hits
If your Wizkick hits the opponent, the hidden jab won't make any difference; it would be like if you were just Wizkick'ing normaly.

WK gets punished/outpriorized
Pretty much the same as if the Wizkick would hit the opponent. Your hidden jab won't make any difference in the gameflow.

WC clashes
If the Wizkick clashes with the opponents attack, your hidden jab will play its role and punish the opponent for not doing the same, or just for beeing slow ;P

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

IMPORTANT!
One must not overdo this to the level of were you find yourself buffering jabs into jabs -_-'
(Yeah, you know that classic scenario, don't you?)

It's a good idea to only hide inputs in laggy moves because it won't affect your gameplay in a bad way.
Wizkick, DA, and even Fsmash.
Hide quick moves in laggy moves!

Some of you are most likely already thinking like this, but you didn't think it was worth a writedown ;P
So I did it... Cause this fits better with Ganon than with most other characters.

EDIT: Wizkick = Clashkick

B!squick

Smash Master
Sweet, I never thought of doing that. Do you buffer just before you think it will or will not connect, or at any point? The game has a 10 frame buffer if I recall, but some moves work in mysterious ways i.e.: Bowser's infinite jump.

LordofDarkness

Smash Cadet
Zigma you always post the best tips. I think this is already in my play style a bit, but understanding it will help me apply it that much more, ty sir.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wow, that's a nifty tactic. But, what if the other person catches on and does it back to you? Ganon's jab is 7 frames, not the fastest jab in the world.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
Great idea, Zigma.

This is most useful in the Falco matchup. That is, if you're ******** enough (see: Manly)
to use ganon against falco.

Lasers hit ganon out of wizkick.

So you can literally travel across the stage faster than running if you continuously input wizkicks into his lazers. You'll get damaged, but it will almost definitely close the gap so that you can get chain-grabbed.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Zigma you always post the best tips. I think this is already in my play style a bit, but understanding it will help me apply it that much more, ty sir.
You're too kind, sir.

what if the other person catches on and does it back to you?
I don't think your opponent is willing to clash with your Wizkick on purpose. He'd rather punish it in some other way.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Hidden inputs fits along with Ledge canceled attacks.
Kosk's Ftilt on shield -> Fair, in the Norfair-match, is a good example of this.

Top Bottom