• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hf.lan high 5 - Results and Shoutouts

Slhoka

Smash Lord

It seems that as always, this new edition of hf.lan was yet another success. Exams in most French schools around the same time prevented us to reach the cap of 64 people, and it was as always fairly messy. But still, as always, it turned out to be a amazing tournament.
I won't go deeper into details now since I will write a report for the French Melee website, but for obvious reasons, this tournament was quite special for me. Due to my forced retirement, it was my last tournament in a while, and it was both a very happy and sad experience at the same time. I was very happy to conclude 8 years of tournament hosting with an hf.lan, because working with the other staff members of this tournament is an amazing experience considering how well they do the job.
Thanks to everyone for attending : whether you came from France, Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands or somewhere else, I was happy to see you there and I hope you enjoyed the tournament.

I already posted the results on the French Melee website, so I'm kinda lazy to do it all over again. Therefore, to see the detailed results with rankings, brackets, characters used and countries, juste follow this link :

RESULTS

I'll write shoutouts when I'll have some time.

Baxon

Smash Journeyman
HF lan 5 was pure fun <3

Thanks to slhoka for being the best TO ever
Thanks to all the foreigners who were there
Thanks to ESIEE for the free food/drinks/pictures

shout out soon ^^

Jemayel

Smash Rookie
c'est quoi les bails Frères !!
Ici c'est paris putain !!! lol

very nice tournament shloka , despite the small issues. worth going to again.

so to :

shloka, Baxon, tekk, doraki, nmw, bseed, salpate, mahie, aska, c. love, ice.. blabla and Everyone else I forgot. too lazy

see u guys at hf-lan 6 ???

-Jimmy

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Most proffesional tournament I ever attended by far. Enjoyed the fact that there were multiple games a lot.
Shloka for tournament organisator president. Good luck on the new job!

After Beast 3 i said that europe had 0 marths anymore, since Ice trew him out.
Well apparently france has all the marths haha. 1salepate 2 aska 3 mahie. All of them have amazing skill.
Salepate: your powershields are inhuman I tell you. It was very unique to play to a marth who does that to every nair i use to approach. Thanks for the experience, ggs, get you next time.

Baxon: your the homie. We finally got some friendlies done and that night at the hotel was exacly how melee should be. That **** should have been recorded!!!
Also you `trick` as falcon is so fun. I have to land that trick on someone soon for personal pleasure Dx
Shoutouts to everybody who was there the last night. Charlon+mahie+baxon+over+tekk+dutchies.

Over: You beat me again! 3-0 fair and squar! At least i won most of the 20ish friendlies we played back at the hotel. Your peach is alright, still your play her like she is sheik. It doesnt work haha.
Thanks for letting me catch that stichface and kill + hit you 3 times with it. Falcon with a stitch,,shiittttt. Anyway ggs, hope to see you soon!
Also, just a tip i know you like to transform into zelda when being off the stage. Sometimes you get back, but most of the time you are not. Do it less. its not worth it most of the time!
especially when i falcon punch you for it every time you up B with her hehe :D

Ice: Good luck at evo brah. Its a bummer we didnt meet in tournament this time. I wanted you to have the oppurtinity to beat me this time, and also give myself the opurtinity to try and win again. Anyway it didnt happen, you won the tournament, VERY confident i might at. Im not sure if i`ll be at jeffzors tournament this month. I hope i will be. You need to beat hax!!!

dutchies: kanker belachelijk. Ik heb genoten. Jimmy beterschap voor als je nog niet beter bent. Remen ook al speel je nooit meer je ***** nog steeds kk hard. Faab, ik ga de mccafé introduceren in nl. KK epic!

Faab: 2nd in teams. Just were we should be : ) I want to see that combo on baxon in teams again. your dair, my fair. On the top platform on battlefield. that one was nassssssssssssty losers finals.

BSeed: Damn your voice is loud! See you next time brah

Aska: Really really amazing marth. Did not know you were so good. every aproach by me you countered by doing a nair. That was new for me and made me uneasy to aproach again. Ggs, next time i want to play you again definently!

Rocky: Your getting better everytime! almost best falcon in europe. Not yet though ;') Hope you got back safe. Ohyeah commentary was funny to do with ya

Dev: the most shinespiking fox i every played. Very scary indeed. even if our set was 3-1, i still had the feeling it could go either way. Kinda weird you and rocky finished 17th. Definently should be higher.

Qlex: Tetris Grandmaster!!! o_0 motjher of japan my goodness

Dooby/Duuby: Ugh dont know how to spell your nickname. Very good puff. You rest me while you were in the air after being downtrowed! I was gasping for air after that one. I definently was suprised, you deserved the win, ggs.

Fauster: 1 STOCK MATCH

Cyr: Aka the devil, at least you look like the devil hahaha. Damn we only played a couple a matches unfortunately. Next time, we play a lot more!

Shoutouts to starcraft 2 for being great entertainment.

Shoutouts to leageau of lagg on stream

Shoutouts to no soul callibur 2 :(:(:(

Shoutouts to the amazing staff. And the girl who gave me a blowjob ( olololollollo_0 )

Shoutouts to 1 stock match

shoutouts to sorry, im just spamming now

shoutouts to quasimodo

Jeapie

Qlex

Smash Cadet
The dutch : Love ya guys

Faab : Toi tu vas tout de suite apprendre un français correct et impeccable parce qu'étant français, je me refuse à parler une autre langue impie avec quiconque.

Now we try google translate and we'll see how this looks like =p Was nice talking to you. Thanks for the memrise!

Jeapie : Such a crazy Falcon, and a chill guy at the same time haha. Congrats for your placement. Too bad about singles, it could've gone either way (I mean really!) against Salepate. Good to see you back there in any case. See you next time =)

Jimmy : C'est quoi les bails >=O

Remen : Holy ****, you still got the level O_O Congrats about your Falco, you have that stylish and calm spacie. Good to see you again anyway. Keep it going!

The german : Too good

Ice : Good to commentate with you for a little while, that was good. Congrats for your placement, go for Evo, I'm sure you'll do well. Rep that EU Sheik man!

Mudi : We didn't talk a lot. Next time, we'll freeplay for a little bit!

The swedes : Always a pleasure

Rocky : Was nice commentating with you. Good stuff in teams, you guys did really well!

Dev : We didn't freeplay =( I should've asked you. Next time for sure!

Over : Good stuff! Too bad about singles and teams, your last team match was very heartbreaking. I hope you enjoyed the tournament nonetheless!

Askelink : Hope you had a safe trip back =) I also hope that you got the elements about that French file "finding a job in France". See you around!

NMW : Was good seeing you again, hope you enjoyed the tournament. Next time we'll do more freeplay, but I feel you made some progress! Next time man.

PiKaLeX : Hope you had a good time! Didn't play, next time I promise ^^'

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Don't feel like writing much, but I will say that I really hope that this is not the last HF Lan with Melee. From the 2 that I've been to, I can say it's a great tournament series, and it's a ton of fun to play with the French. I hope to MM more of you next time!

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Don't feel like writing much, but I will say that I really hope that this is not the last HF Lan with Melee. From the 2 that I've been to, I can say it's a great tournament series, and it's a ton of fun to play with the French. I hope to MM more of you next time!
It won't. The date is almost already decided.

Top Bottom