• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey This is My Mewtwo

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yes the Roy Boy is usin Mewtwo. Why? Cause i like his style. heres some vids of me. Feel Free to comment. Thanks in Advance for watching.

NinjaLink vs Hoyo

Vs. Fox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I14YtQp2Ko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbkP6tGmCY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM0vcBbLLXo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKiHadYgMo8

Vs Falcon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JixGPwP5f4s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7Po3a4PjP8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrJO9wumRzI

Vs DK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta9cPNUquQ8

NinjaLink vs Jumpman

Vs Mario

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x8xxi_iqdw <- Interesting

NinjaLink vs Dark.Pch

Vs Peach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVu86yXK_0c <- its when i started using mewtwo. But i did a nice kill at the end just to show ^_^

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Okay I watched the first 2 Fox vids.

Since you're facing a Fox, and he jumps a lot, I'd Wavedash to Uptilt and Upsmash quite a bit more. Up smash worked the one time you (probably accidentally) used it in the first vid, and the times you used it in the 2nd. It works on human opponents better than computers. (w/e)

Since it's Fox, you REALLY want to limit your Down B disable use since the Fox here used a lot of aerial approach.

Finally, wavedash more. Don't dash when you can wavedash. I'm serious here, it allows you to Dtilt and CC instead of just a dash attack. Roy's WD <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<M2's WD.

Shieldwavedash would be M2's best option for moving.

quak

Smash Champion
you are the third aggresive mewtwo player that i know of, and for that big props

they make videos so much more exciting

i only could watch the last c.falcon one though, it's the only one that loaded for me, not ur fault, i have a bad comp here

but from what i saw, ur definatly got the basics down and then some, all you have to do is keep playing him against better and better people to improve your game.

tips to make ur mewtwo better:

F-smash less- the c.falcon in that video is trying too hard to go too fast, he's not playing with his head, and as a result, he's making a ton of oppertunities for you to punish him, the reason why the f-smash seems to be working well. But as soon as u fight against a good C.falcon, you will get destroyed for using so many of em.

Play against better opponents- go to local tournies and play ur mewtwo in some friendlies, you don't have to play him in the tourney to improve ur game

work on extending ur combos/strings- simply put, when any character isn't comboing the other one, he's vulnerable. You got like a good hit-hit-grab going, but then usually after the throw you lose the string. D-throw and techchase. The beauty of an aggresive mewtwo is that you often hear "what the faack? it's a mewtwo, GET THE **** OFFA ME!"

most important thing, play against better opponents, and don't stop playing agressivly, it draws the biggest crowds, and the matches arent ****in six minutes long

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Right >.> I forgot to say to stop Fsmashing so much as well as Disable...

quak, if the video just has a circle going in circles (omg yeah I know) just refresh the page. works for me.

On platforms: Go ahead and aggravate ppl with Uair spams. Sweetspot is tail right behind M2's head.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Your mew2 sucks, get this **** out of here. People dont wanna see this crap. XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. You mewtwo is good. Thats all I can say since all I know is Peach :p Uh.....Practice more with him to improve? :p

quak

Smash Champion
okay, maybe the video works fine, it's just takes awhile to load, and im not in china to watch smash vids all day :p

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Wow he said china. Random. Btw Quak ur fight with RTRM was funny. POWER STUGGLE!!. Also did anyone noticed i survived an upsmash from fox over 120% And the PLatCancels at 1:58? Its in the first vid. :-)

dinoneil

Smash Rookie
Pretty nice m2 you have there! I play very similar. I can only think of a few things that are different. I don't fsmash as much, but after seeing your m2 I don't know man, maybe I should a wee bit more often. Two thumbs up!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Thanks guys for the Comments. Imma add another video. I wanna show u all in interesting edgeguard. ^_^

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
The tele hog? That was sweet.
k, was this recorded before these comments? STOP USING DISABLE PLZ.
T-T it's getting bad... if it doesn't work the first/second time, don't do it anymore the entire match. Same with Fsmash ish...

Get your priorities with M2. He's an entirely different beast. Hit them with a Dtilt, go for a GRAB, Down throw, then an aerial (not just dtilt > aerial) if you can't reach them with the grab then it's ok.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
these were recorded before the comments..And the Disable thing. I kno its a habit. Usually what i do is stun them with a shadowball then disable them. It works at times.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
to quak:
taj doesnt play an aggressive mewtwo and but he is where all spotlights regarding mewtwo shines. taj plays a careful and bloody adaptive mewtwo. as long as you play at high competitivity, lots of people would love watching ur match.

to ninjalink:
nice job picking up mewtwo ^^ looking great! even though there are traces of other characters in your movement =p ill browse through all your videos and add your bests to the compendium (if you dont mind)
very professional. i watched some of your roy vids, and yep, i see the fsmash habit in your mewtwo =p but thats not a big worry.
i enjoyed watching your vids very much. thx for posting

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Thanks Airo. I feel happy to be included. Oh the Fsmash thing. Yea i dont tend to do it cause im a roy player. I thought of doin it cause to me its good for spacing. PPL like to go aggresive on mewtwo. The range is so great ppl dont it so they get caught. I dont think i got punished for in the vids but i'll try to tone it down a bit. Oh. How u like the Teleport edgehog on YS.its somethin i thought of. It works on Kongo Jungle but not as well. :-P

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Nice Mewtwo, good to see another player. You have an aggressive style, and that could be shut down by a faster player. Sheik can poke holes through your attacks, Fox can outspeed you in pretty much every way, Falco can restrict your movement, and so much more... My advice to you is to learn spacing. You already have good spacing, but it needs improvement. Like Quak said, you must learn to perfect wavedash, it'll come in handy. Try to place yourself as far away as possible when D-Tilting to prevent sheild grabbing and easy counterattacks. Keep up the Mewtwo, I'll be looking forward to some more videos. Oh, btw, I'm gonna have to steal your Yoshi's Story teleport =P Good find!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Wow!! Theft on my technique already. I guess u all like my ninja technique lol. It works with all character teleports. I also wanted to mention...to make that mindgame work well dont normal roll to the edge. Use the shadowball roll. Its much quicker. Reason why is u charge the shadowball in the air and when u land u instantly roll. The shadowball roll works as a mindgame regularly also like when u jump towards them, charge, then roll back. Since ppl now normally stop the charge by pressin L or R now, u rollin will kinda throw them off. HeeHee. But anyway ur free to use that Telehog...I should patent that.....lol

quak

Smash Champion
didn't say it was smart, just said it was fun to watch :p

and that's what mewtwo's all about right? cause, with the exception of a select elite few, no one plays mewtwo competitivly.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Good **** ninja link, good to see you've almost mastered the entire bottom tier lol. Great M2, fun to watch, creates more opportunities and plays faster than your Roy (though I still see your Roy all over the place lol)

Airo

Smash Lord
Nice Mewtwo, good to see another player. You have an aggressive style, and that could be shut down by a faster player. Sheik can poke holes through your attacks, Fox can outspeed you in pretty much every way, Falco can restrict your movement, and so much more... My advice to you is to learn spacing. You already have good spacing, but it needs improvement. Like Quak said, you must learn to perfect wavedash, it'll come in handy. Try to place yourself as far away as possible when D-Tilting to prevent sheild grabbing and easy counterattacks. Keep up the Mewtwo, I'll be looking forward to some more videos. Oh, btw, I'm gonna have to steal your Yoshi's Story teleport =P Good find!
adding to lavagolem,
it is quite true. for the sad reasons that mewtwo is such a nice and huge target, against the upper competitive players, mewtwo IS quite forced to play defensive and make sure all of his attacks hit.
because mewtwo's set of attacks arent as quick as some characters, attacks that dont hit are easily punished by faster characters.
these arent specificly directed against you ninja, but it is just a general observation that seems to hold quite true against mewtwo.

and i would like to steal ur teleport too. XD

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
I watched your fox and Falco matches. Not bad.

However there are a few things to work on. The skill level of the fox and Flacon were questionable. I have a lot of experience playing fox, so ill tell you what works for me.
Full jumped nairs are a bad idea, because fox and falcon can easily out prioritize nair. You will get hit in the face. You seem to Short hop alot with m2. In some cases it can be a good idea however in the fox and falco matchup you should definatly stay to the ground. (Unless you just made a mistake on your WD) The reason I say this is because NONE of your arials will out prioritize the top tiers. Ecept shadowclaw but the hitbox on that move is miniscule so it doesn't work. So plz be carefull when taking to the air against them.

On another note. Stop using smashes. Your wiffing alot of M2 smash attacks. Against a more skilled opponent you will be punished badly. Now d-smash when your opponent is off of the side is fine don' get me wrong. But i think that you sould be aware of F-smash. It has terrible windup and cooldown lag. So if you miss your going to get punished big time. Also against space animals I thought some one said that it was a good idea for U-smash. Well let me tell you that it is like all of m2 smashes they are extreamly laggy and you probably will not find a use for all of them in every single match.

Now onto another thing that I noticed. Disable. Don't use it too much. It's way to hard to hit with (on a skilled opponent) and it is too easily blocked. Be careful when using this move and try and just use it as a suprize once or twice a match.

Overall you have an aggressive m2. That is good and bad. The skill level of the opponents you are playing now allows you to be aggressive and you are. (that's great!) But be warned when playing higher calibur opponents your going to have to make the transition to defence. All in all you have a dec. m2. Just work on controlling him a bit more and watch those wiffs. Because that is what it going to kill you in the end. Good job and keep up the good work. Your m2 is definatly solid.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
"you probably will not find a use for all of them in every single match."

Too true. Although I said Upsmash would be a good idea, it was because it has great range and priority; if you hit your opponent with it the lag won't be too much of a big deal; wiffing is BAD. It's situational, but the Fox kept on getting into the same situation of being able to be hit by it.

Airo

Smash Lord
the surprise factor is always there... blunt_object10 once forgot that i had that move.
but you neeeed to know when the move could be used. situations are extremely rare, and you may never get to use them in higher competitive plays, but make sure you dont rule it out.
dont rule any move out.

ninjalink, i like how you used your fsmash to techchase. the range seemed perfect.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Thanks Airo. At times i was thinkin dsmash to techchase but it'll be harder due to i have to turn around and do it along with the range being shorter. I gotta practice that. Dsmash of course has greater knockback.

Airo

Smash Lord
stick with your fsmash for the techchase. the range is just too perfect against characters with a short ranged tech.

i suppose its a nice reminder than fsmash does a good 25 damage on sweetspot.

dsmash is usually better than fsmash but it would be more than uneccessary to use it as a techchase.

to use dsmash as a techchase, it also means that you have to move to cover dsmash's lack of range. while if you prepared fsmash as your option when he techs towards you, you wont have to move.

fsmash debatably has better knockback than dsmash. dsmash projects your target at a higher angle, which means it would be easier for him to recover to stage.

besides, if you are techchasing and you have the correct predicament, its pretty hard for you to miss >>"
suppose you do miss, he has enough cooldown from his tech to be incapable of punishing you.

stick with fsmash. it looks sexier too <3

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Alright i will. Yes it does look sexy. Im so pretty rofl. At times i just yell HADOKEN when i catch him with it lol. I hope to put more vids up soon cause now i can waveland pretty well with him. I just need proper timing with the DJC.

Top Bottom