• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey some advice here would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr .Game & Watch

Smash Rookie
Hey,

Before I continue I'd like to say the boards look awesome. I'm so glad I found this website.

I'm never been to Brawl tournaments (although, me and my brother are pretty good for n00bs ;) but we haven't even played pr0s yet just friends so maybe we're better/worse than what we think) but I would definatly be interested in attending some.

Brawl is my favourite game so I figured (seeing as I've been bored recently) of getting into this properly.

I play as two characters (Falco, and Mr. G&W) But from what I've seen G&W is the better character. So I want to go with him.

I'd just like to know a few things, if anyone could answer these questions, that'd be awesome.

What are the rules in tournaments? ( I want to know, EVERYTHING)

What stages are allowed?

Now here's what I need to know about G&W. . .

My brother plays as Toon Link and I always have this problem. The bucket is useless against him, and I don't find the frying pan/Hammer usefull against him. (Maybe I'm missing something here?) So I'm left with very few moves to attack with. Which makes me predictable. My main combo is to B Up then A down. (I use Nunchuck + Wii Remote btw) and at first he couldn't do a thing. But since we've got a lot better he's just countering it every time. Most times he jumps and then A Ups me which over rides the key, and most times KO's me. Is there a counter to this, or do I just need to change my strategy? Would strategy should I use against Toon Link? He also spams the boomerang and Arrows which racks up the damage then if I avoid them by gripping onto the ledge he bombs me. So yeah, they're the two main combos that hurt me a lot.

My friend plays at Pit, and I don't know what he does, but he just pwns me xD So I was wondering, what strategy should I use against Pit?

What are the two best courses for me to play both Pit and Toon Link on?

It means a lot, thanks! :)

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Q/A or social chat next time please D:

toonlinks up air(A) isn't too difficult to avoid,just dodge o_o

though it may catch you by surprise sometimes so never underestimate it and dodge early lol.

we outrange pit in so many ways lol. General tips err...nair and bair alot o.O. Once you have him offstage go for dair and fair kills. i think idk xD,dont have much pit expierence.

and to find the rules go to the brawl tactical discussion, im pretty sure

Mr .Game & Watch

Smash Rookie
So if I press Z in the air I'll dodge the attack? Sounds good.

Nair and Bair? Dair and Fair? Sorry I don't know what that is.

Thanks.

Splice

Smash Hero
Also Falco is considered a better character than GaW so I don't know how you found that GaW was better. Stick with GaW though coz he is more awesome.

Nair = Press A whilst in the air do not input direction
Bair = Press the direction you are not facing and the A button whilst in the air
Dair = The key, press Down and A whislt in the air
Fair = Press A and the direction you are facing whilst in the air

N stands for neutral, B stands for back, D stands for down, F stands for forwards, air means used whilst in the air.

UpB is a great move even for attacking and I guess works especially well at low level play. So keep using that. But generally you will want to rely on GaWs A button moves, such as the air attacks mentioned before. Facing away from your opponent and using Bair when he is near (careful to dodge projectiles until he comes closer) will work very well against your friend I'd imagine.

Also, I guess you may as well learn the tech chase, or incredibly-simplified-version-against-those-who-cannot-tech... lol :p

Against your friend, when he is above 120%, sometimes a lower %, after you grab them, press Down to do a Down-throw, and then input a Down-Smash (with the 2 hammers) straight away. It's an easy way to get kill moves if your friend cant tech (input a roll so that he rolls away on the ground as soon as you Dthrow... dont tell him about it or he will look it up). That should help if you understand how good it really is.

Also, I'm assuming you know how to do all the attacks in the game already :S
If you need any more help Private-Message me on this forum

But really that should be enough help for you to beat your friend now. :)

Mr .Game & Watch

Smash Rookie
Oh ok, my mistake. Thought I read it on here, but must have read it wrong.

Wow, thanks for the advice. I'll definalty try the double hammer/down throw against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom