• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Georgia

Purple

Hi guys!
Why can't we represent our own state correctly when it comes to smash brothers?

None of us seem sto practice or do anything to make ourselves better as a group, and instead we do our own seperate things (give or take a few of you who play with others who live near you, but that's not very many). Even in that sense we meat ride Out of State by supporting their tournies and driving to their states, but never have enough sense to hype our own lacking Georgia tournies. When have we as a state had a real big tourney that's just secluded to just georgia and reflex?

We need to step our **** up you guys.

M

mobaccho!

this type of motivation only works from demonstrably good/consistent players

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Awesome Steak n Shake discussions are Awesome.

All y'all ******* aint hype enough.

So thats why you suck.

Straight up support your peeps, fvck the out of state, your community is your life as a gamer, without it you are nothing.

nothing.

Player-3

Smash Hero
cuz brawl sux lolololololololol

and my sister recently stole my gc and controller and took them to college along with my melee

GA Peach

Smash Lord
jamaal, i told you GA won't care about solidifying as a state. i mean, look at the responses you've already gotten from people. this state is a lost cause...

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Uhh.....im free to play whenever....

and to help people get better....

when im not working/in classes

P.S-Marty when you wanna train in mario part 4?

Purple

Hi guys!
Uhh.....im free to play whenever....

and to help people get better....

when im not working/in classes

P.S-Marty when you wanna train in mario part 4?
biglou it's not exactly people getting better and improving, that's something they need to do on their own. I

t's actually supporting them when it's really important that makes a difference.

Rooting someone on when they go against an out of state and things of that sense. You can sit with a person all day and practice with them and they won't learn a thing, but when they're down in the dumps during a match and you're rooting them on they can get better profoundly.

Even better, attend georgia events, you don't have to go out of your way to get to someone's house, but attend the events that are planned in advance like final round, s.e.b, waba monthlies, or *cough* halloween bash.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
biglou it's not exactly people gettnig better and improving, in reality, that's something they need to do on their own, but it's actually supporting them when you can truly make a difference, rooting someone on when they go against an out of state and things of that sense. You can sit with a person all day and practice with them and they won't learn a thing, but when they're down in the dumps during a match and you're rooting them on they can get better profoundly.
We do though support our players when we go oos. Like just the past weekend me,kismet and rayku all went to an AL tourney, and we sat down next to each other in turn and cheered and rooted for them and boosted their morales, and perhaps even calming them down in matches. There's really no one to root for or against in our GA tournies because no OOS comes to them anyways.

If they did I can guarentee I would be on GA's side though.

Marty- I have school until till thursday, friday could be our training day

GA Peach

Smash Lord
We do though support our players when we go oos. Like just the past weekend me,kismet and rayku all went to an AL tourney, and we sat down next to each other in turn and cheered and rooted for them and boosted their morales, and perhaps even calming them down in matches. There's really no one to root for or against in our GA tournies because no OOS comes to them anyways.

i might be able to do friday. and, in the past, i have seen GA's own cheer against them for the sake of OoS. just throwing that out there.

Purple

Hi guys!

we've had some dumb instances of people rooting for OoS, usually because of the fact they're in fact rare instances..

I'd wish that OoS would come here so we can wreck them here and stuff >_>.

btw how did that AL tourney go?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I don't think i've ever rooted against GA when OOS came. I did accidently do it in melee once though. I didn't know Xif was FL back then *what a noooob*.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
wow, how many of these threads are you going to make?
GA brawl just sucks and our only good players don't go to tournaments often.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Pervy Im not going to warner robins this weekend becaUase there is a tournament(pensacola,FL) in my hometown. After that one ill be going to the warner robins one.(only 1 hour from albany ish.) idk about waba caUSE Thats a three hour drive and i heard not a lot of people go to those..I hope the Warner robins tourney gets a good turnout albino...Teach me the ways of D3 when i meet you?

Im known in pensacola as Upthrow because instead of chaingrabbing i do up throw

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol I lost count on these "step up GA " brawl topics.

you guys just need more brawl fests. I don't need to explain the details.

Purple

Hi guys!
wow, how many of these threads are you going to make?
GA brawl just sucks and our only good players don't go to tournaments often.
good information sleepy, i like hearing that brawl sucks and that that will never change ->_>*jumps to melee*

@mikeg - it's not the brawl fest i'm talking about, i'm not talking about improvement in each person in general. but just improvement in the community, we split apart alot at events due to various reasons, just because i say step it up at the end of the OP doesn't mean that it's the same subject i've been putting out there <_<

@skaterbaj - don't worry about it, having legitimate reasons is fine, in fact i can't make that tourney. You can't expect people to be at tourneys 100% of the time, it's the people that truly have no reason but just aren't making an effort that are a bother. You probably still want to ask desu to help you.

i understand it is about ga brawl so in a sense it's the same subject, but it's morely about what we do with the opportunities we have, not about making more opportunities in general

SleepyK

no, i'm saying GA's brawl scene sucks.
just play the ****ed game more often with more people and travel out of state for it.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Sleepy is right, play moar brawl. more tourneys, more brawlfests. I know what your are saying in your OP and this is the best way to do it.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
play more together, bond more together.

**** do other **** with brawlers. Go watch a movie, go to the club, play golf, etc non brawl stuff etc.

SleepyK

it's like watching a fish flounder around in a bowl trying to find a way out.

"we only play with good smashers once a week or once a month! why aren't we improving!?"

well GEE, I DUNNO

SleepyK

support is the same
play more you'll get to know each other more since you'll be hanging out.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Every time I try to play Melee, the other person simply wrecks me, and never gives tips, nor do they tell me what I'm doing wrong, nor do they answer my questions.

I'm still going to play Melee, and I'm determined to get better, but it's kind of annoying.

It's ask me to play/play me, and then **** me, and then GGs - Walk away.

It's a cycle. Very few people(Jamaal, Sleepy, that Josh guy) have even tried to help me get better.

I would hype tourneys more, if they meant anything coming from me.

I attend tourneys regularly, so nobody can say I don't try.

What I think would make the community better, would be HELPING the other person. Don't just **** them and get on with it, **** them, and then help them. Tell the opponent what they're doing wrong, and what to improve on.

In doing so, you help them get better, and will help motivate them to become better, and place better in tourneys, resulting in better players. Then, OOSers will want to play these players.

See?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Well, Yiff, if you have to have someone telling you your mistakes then that won't help you in the long run. If you're in a tourney set, you're not going to have someone there telling you what you were doing wrong and what you should do differently. You have to analyze yourself and see what you are doing wrong so you can win the next round by yourself.

I do see your point though, and getting a few tips here and there won't hurt. The best thing you can do is watch videos of yourself and figure out better options in certain situations and etc.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I'm just saying, if I ask you what I'm doing wrong, at least tell me, or something.

Don't just beast and say Good Game. It wasn't a good game, it was a rapefest.

When someone asks for help/criticism, don't be a douche. Help them.

Top Bottom