• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey Georgia

Player-1

Smash Legend
Just for some suggestions for the Halloween tournament since the top FL players seem like they're going, why not advertise that in the title, that usually grabs my attention if the title says good people are confirmed to go, you could also go around and advertise it the other State's social room. Just throwing my 2 cents in.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm just saying, if I ask you what I'm doing wrong, at least tell me, or something.

Don't just beast and say Good Game. It wasn't a good game, it was a rapefest.

When someone asks for help/criticism, don't be a douche. Help them.
Yeah I understand that, I just think that you shouldn't be depending on other players for tips and ****.

Zone

Smash Champion
I'm just saying, if I ask you what I'm doing wrong, at least tell me, or something.

Don't just beast and say Good Game. It wasn't a good game, it was a rapefest.

When someone asks for help/criticism, don't be a douche. Help them.

I use to do this alot. But, I've heard alot of people have the opposite mindset of you. "Does that guy try to tell you what to do? I don't like that." "Dude, I know how to play." I've ran into enough of these people I don't try anymore unless asked. "Hey got any tips?"

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I guess you're right, BBQ.

But I can't get my matches recorded, and I can't think in the middle of a match...

So I have nothing else to do besides ask for tips.

Yeah, Zone, some people are different from me like that. I prefer if the other person gives me a couple of tips. Some people like to figure that **** out on their own.

But if the other person is better, then why not use their advice/Ask for it?

Zone

Smash Champion
But if the other person is better, then why not use their advice/Ask for it?
I suppose because it makes them feel belittled?
I dunno. I've always thought advice to me when I was growing from a wee newb was super awesome. It's probably the only reason I actually still play this game.

Funny, GA was my first tourney experience. Also my most pleasant one, with all the warm welcoming I got. (MELEE WISE.) Back in like 2006 or 7.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah, I guess you're right, BBQ.

But I can't get my matches recorded, and I can't think in the middle of a match...

So I have nothing else to do besides ask for tips.
There are some videos of yourself on youtube. Watch those videos, then watch pro videos. Compare yourself, treat yourself like trash, make yourself want to get better.

And you can't think in the middle of a match? That's a bit of a problem. Maybe you should read a guide or something on how to use mindgames or something. There are plenty around smashboards.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Just to clear my name personally, I have gone to a tournament every Saturday since...March. I think. I'm pretty sure I have, with the exception of when my car was dead and ZOM~B didn't feel/"couldn't afford" going to tournaments in that three week period.

I support GA plenty.

Rayku

Smash Lord
fixed it up for you bro
No. I support the players who interact with me and who are my friends. That's why, during my serious financial slump, I drove to tournaments every chance I could, and took ZOM~B and (sometimes) other people who needed rides. If I didn't give them, I arranged them.

And when I drove to Waba, I said I'd charge $2 for the rides. Want to know who gave me that small gas fee?

0 people. Ever. Maybe once.

Yes. I'm salty. Very, very salty.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
No. I support the players who interact with me and who are my friends. That's why, during my serious financial slump, I drove to tournaments every chance I could, and took ZOM~B and (sometimes) other people who needed rides. If I didn't give them, I arranged them.

And when I drove to Waba, I said I'd charge $2 for the rides. Want to know who gave me that small gas fee?

I think I paid you for that gas money every time except once. I remember I gave you a $20 bill when I only owed you $15 one time.

Also, my "fixed quote" was meant to be like, you "support" kismet because that's where all your money goes. lol.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
There are some videos of yourself on youtube. Watch those videos, then watch pro videos. Compare yourself, treat yourself like trash, make yourself want to get better.

And you can't think in the middle of a match? That's a bit of a problem. Maybe you should read a guide or something on how to use mindgames or something. There are plenty around smashboards.
I'll read up on some of those.

videos of me? I've only seen like, 2-3, and those were all random Brawl tourney matches that just happened to get recorded.

Brawl isn't what I'm worried about. At least in Brawl I can put up a fight. In melee, I just get wrecked.

But I'll watch vids of Pro Falcons, and watch what they do.

*Goes to watch many many Isai matches*
*Can't because school CPU labs won't let me go to YTube*

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'll read up on some of those.

videos of me? I've only seen like, 2-3, and those were all random Brawl tourney matches that just happened to get recorded.

Brawl isn't what I'm worried about. At least in Brawl I can put up a fight. In melee, I just get wrecked.

But I'll watch vids of Pro Falcons, and watch what they do.

*Goes to watch many many Isai matches*
*Can't because school CPU labs won't let me go to YTube*
You've got a few videos up for melee too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAsX5vZ-pQw&feature=PlayList&p=C18D82926A62D831&index=17

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
it's cause none of you high schoolers want to hang out together
you just like to play a few matches then go home and complain

Purple

Hi guys!

you do realize this is a community problem, not a problem pointed towards you right? I rooted saltix and billy against elev8 and kismet and they ended up winning, and that alabama columbus mix is hella solid.

but anyway, this conversation is for everyone, and how we all can come together, don't make this into something for yourself. but in the end when your name's cleared. it doesn't help overall. :ohwell:

it's cause none of you high schoolers want to hang out together
you just like to play a few matches then go home and complain
agreed here.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yiff, you've asked me for advice maybe once or twice.
beyond that we just play and you just lose.

SleepyK

my house is usually a bad idea for bros unless my parents are gone, when it becomes a fantastic idea.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
yiff, you've asked me for advice maybe once or twice.
beyond that we just play and you just lose.
Every time I've played you, I've asked for advice. It's been helpful, too.

Oshi-I do?

*watches*

Wow, I suck.

*Watches other vids of me*

Note to self...maybe pick another character lol?

Also, tomorrow, if anyone wants to come and play bros, I can have 2-3 people over. PM me for address. I live about 2 minutes from Jamaal.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
stop using character switch as a way to justify sucking just find one and get good

SleepyK

no johns, sheik v cf is a "**** or get *****" match up.
combo her to death or you get comboed to death.

just play the game more. you really have a very limited grasp on your character.
in all seriousness with a decent character i can just run around and do moves and you lose.
that's what i was doing with fox <_<

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Hm, you're right. I do need to check more stuff on Captain Falcon. I'll try the CF Melee Boards, see if they help.

I needs another copy! Anyone want to sell/give me one? My friend still wants his, unlike what I thought.

Player-3

Smash Hero
*picks brawl*
*wins*

MAN **** THIS IM GOING HOME
*pouts*
my parents wouldnt drive me/ go ~an hour to hang out with you guize
although if they let me go to desus funfest thing and the halloween tournament ill see about that

SleepyK

once again

twilight hack your wii

download melee

done

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
No thats definitely will.

Will>GA

truth.

BTW, thats an awesome picture, is that Klaus???

Well... not that i'm getting a response anytime soon. Cause by my calculations, Tong should be about 2 hours into his flight to hong kong.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
man, i remember that tournament. it took forever, and i purposely forfeited to Tim and someone else to get the 3rd place prize, which were microSD cards.

Top Bottom