• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey, BionicSonic, lock this thread, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace

Alright, I know this may not be the exact right spot to post this, but I was having an idea...

How about the developers of current projects come together for an online Smash tournament to see who's project is the best (well, it's obviously Bowser Jr., but still :p)?

Of course, some rules will have to apply:

-General tournament rules (no items, 4 stock)
-Competetor must choose one character (done/lead by themselves) and one stage (any hacked/retextured stage, doesn't have to be by themselves) to send in for the tournament
-Everyone will have to download these files (this is what may throw people off. You don't have to worry if it's not complete, just make sure there are no random freezes, etc.) and use them in the tournament. If enough people join, I'll make this all into one ZIP for competetors ONLY to download and use.
-Characters/stages CAN be voted out for being cheap/distracting
-You will have to be ready to give out an unfinished version of the hack to those on this board. Don't worry, it's only developers, no general downloaders.

The main purpose of this tournament (and the reason I hope you don't lock it, BionicSonic) is so that other developers can play with your project, find problems, and we can all help each other out with them. This will help projects with their major problems/flaws while having a fun way of doing so.

WE'RE NO LONGER ACCEPTING BRAWLERS, SORRY.

Competetors:
InTrepidCognito - Shadow Mario (Sheik)- Crystal Caverns
StarWaffle - Metroid (Pikachu)- Brinal Destarnation
Mr.Weegee - Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic)- Angel Island Zone
ds22 - Naruto (Ike)- Orochimaru's Hideout
Plasmakirby1 - Rotom - Crisis City
pikazz - Hoppip - Dusknoir Destination
Leafbarrett - Gardevoir (Zelda)- None (Final Destination)
Bluz - Byakuya Project (Marth)- Gyigas Destination

Serrix

Smash Journeyman

If I would have any of my characters done, I'd submit... but for now, I'll have to sit down and watch. (And download, if those are provided)

PS: I'll probably put down my Helper to Hero project for now... I have another idea in mind...
Here's a hint

Wind
(I know it's not very hinting, but it's up to you to guess. Plz no one complain)

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
If I would have any of my characters done, I'd submit... but for now, I'll have to sit down and watch. (And download, if those are provided)

PS: I'll probably put down my Helper to Hero project for now... I have another idea in mind...
Here's a hint

Wind
(I know it's not very hinting, but it's up to you to guess. Plz no one complain)
It doesn't have to be completely done, that's the point. :p

Read the bold part in the OP.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I shall enter with mine and Mr.Weegee's Metroid =D I'll make a stage later.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the projects still have glitches that make them pretty unplayable though... don't they? With the grab glitch most seem to have and what not and the fact that the only beta release I've seen is Tails and he doesn't use a completely new model.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
A lot of the projects still have glitches that make them pretty unplayable though... don't they? With the grab glitch most seem to have and what not and the fact that the only beta release I've seen is Tails and he doesn't use a completely new model.
We might have to make a no-grabbing rule, but as long as there are no random freezes (on the requirements list) it should be fine.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
A question, does it have to be a stage you made yourself?
And yes, I think a No Grabbing rule should be in effect.
Yes. If nothing else, just make a 2D stage.

How many people should be in this? 16? I may ask Fool's Gil to be referee/match recorder.

ds22

Smash Lord
I don't know if I should do this, but here goes:

Naruto team (ds22, Piggybank67, KyuubiDemon1, MaRRok, dingoberriz and others) - Naruto - Orochimaru's Hideout.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
I don't think the fact that you can submit unfinished PACs is a very good idea...some of these PSA characters don't have attacks or special moves implemented yet, and others can't side-dodge or roll yet without going into a T-stance. These characters would have a severe handicap in a tournament against other PSAs that have finished animations and movesets available.

Also, for a game like Brawl where the objective is to force your opponent out of the playing arena, throwing is a pretty major gameplay component and its absence would be conspicuous. It certainly throws me off my game (no pun intended) when I try to play without that feature.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I don't think the fact that you can submit unfinished PACs is a very good idea...some of these PSA characters don't have attacks or special moves implemented yet, and others can't side-dodge or roll yet without going into a T-stance. These characters would have a severe handicap in a tournament against other PSAs that have finished animations and movesets available.

Also, for a game like Brawl where the objective is to force your opponent out of the playing arena, throwing is a pretty major gameplay component and its absence would be conspicuous. It certainly throws me off my game (no pun intended) when I try to play without that feature.
Ehh... I know, you're right, but this is something that will hopefully let others get those problems fixed on their characters. Besides, every character has it's own handicaps, so I think a lack of balance in everyone makes it balanced, if you know what I mean.

How about we make a GCT with File Replacement, etc. and no tripping, grabbing, or footstooling (if possible)?

I don't know if I should do this, but here goes:

Naruto team (ds22, Piggybank67, KyuubiDemon1, MaRRok, dingoberriz and others) - Naruto - Orochimaru's Hideout.
Only one person can play :-/

jayloonar

Smash Rookie
i made a sandbag w/weegee on it, and it kills my opponent right when the match starts...

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
well, i guess i'll enter rotom for my character, and crisis city for my stage. if the tournament starts before im rdy, i'll disqualify. i might change my character. i have 3 ideas in mind, 2 of which are being vertexed by other people.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
lol i can see this topic causing some problems, luckily i am part of 3 teams so its not a problem for me.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I wanna enter :D
since my hoppip is almost complete to release a beta, I will enter with him (wanted dusknoir, darkrai, fludd or metroid but they are not complete yet <_<)
I have only created one stage (and need some help with it) and it is dusknoirs destinations. I will take it or make a new stage.
basically: pikazz - hoppip(unless I made someone else in hyperspeed) - ???
This is kinda good, the only problem is having the same base character fight each other. :(
true and more problem with those who cant use the clone machine ;_;

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I wanna enter :D
since my hoppip is almost complete to release a beta, I will enter with him (wanted dusknoir, darkrai, fludd or metroid but they are not complete yet <_<)
I have only created one stage (and need some help with it) and it is dusknoirs destinations. I will take it or make a new stage.
basically: pikazz - hoppip(unless I made someone else in hyperspeed) - ???

true and more problem with those who cant use the clone machine ;_;
llolwut metroid? no me ;-;

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Okay, stages are no longer a requirement. Just pick a hacked/retextured stage you like. :bee:

WE NEED ONE MORE COMPETETOR! ENTER NOW AND BE THE LAST BRAWLER!

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
I'm in.

Bluz - Byakuya Project - Gyigas Destination

He's almost complete, just lack some animations and Neutral B. Ready for battle :3
Just to let you guys now, my conection sucks, a lot. If there are any lag issues with me, feel free to take me out from the competition :p

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
...problem: What will the codeset be? If it involves hitstun, I may drop out, because I'm bad enough with Gardevoir as is... ;-;

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Gardevoir - Zelda

Also, make the HipN bone of the new character the same bone index as the original character's, just like the TransN glitch.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Is it kinda unfair for the team if only you get the credit?

Well, I'm solo-ish anyway (besides the textures).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom