• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey all, let's play a game of wtf just happened

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
I can never pull off D-tilt spikes.
Maybe it's because I never use it near the edge. :/

But that was pretty good. D-tilt lock, chase her roll towards the edge into D-tilt spike.

Villi

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't think the spike should have happened the way it did, though. lol She shoulda still been on the stage.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
This isn't a glitch, Zelda is one of the few characters that has a d-tilt spike. I've only pulled one off a couple of times and I think in order to do it they have to be on the edge of the stage.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
We know it's not a glitch. We're playing of game of wtf just happened. ^_^

And now that I watch it again, you're right. It does look like she should've been on the stage. I guess Zelda just pushed her a bit too far and then spiked her.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hahaha! Peach's taunt at the end made me laugh.
Erm... well... it certainly has interesting properties. I wonder if we can pull this off consistently :?

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
It might be similar to Pit's D-tilt spike, where the opponent must be like right at his foot or something.

Villi

Smash Lord
Shockwaves bounce up her leg into her rock-hard thigh and the victim is spiked by the breakers.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
^ Sounds... sophisticated.

We need to do more of what that player did. D-tilt lock, chase the opponent's roll towards the edge, into spike.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm guessing "that player" is Villi. It's just something similar to how spikes can spike characters on stage like Ganons.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I believe this is a combination of things.

If you play Sheik you know that if you roll from a certain spot on a stage and Vanish or use Needles, you will instantly fall of the ledge, aparently without reason. In this case, Peach rolled from that exact place.

Also, you'll notice that during a d-tilt lock Zelda can catch people when they bounce. As said, she has thunder thighs of steel. Said thighs can spike.

Villi

Smash Lord
Well, I haven't been able to exactly recreate this but rolling toward the edge and then getting dtilted doesn't result in a spike. I was thinking I might have pushed her off the stage, but what makes that happen?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Well, I haven't been able to exactly recreate this but rolling toward the edge and then getting dtilted doesn't result in a spike. I was thinking I might have pushed her off the stage, but what makes that happen?
Well Zelda does possess magic:)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
What I meant is that by rolling towards the edge from a certain space, people seem to be BARELY on the stage, so if they perform a special they should just fall. Perhaps the Peach DId away before the hit and fell.

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
What I meant is that by rolling towards the edge from a certain space, people seem to be BARELY on the stage, so if they perform a special they should just fall. Perhaps the Peach DId away before the hit and fell.
I can't be certain, but with sheik it seems to be rolling toward the edge from Any Spot (as long as you are looking toward the edge) will make you fall off when you initiate needles as soon as the roll is ending.

Villi

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna guess that this guy was trying to DI away while holding his jump button. He floated off the stage and got spiked.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
LMAO. That could be quite useful. D-tilt while the opponent is airborne.

:S

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I can't be certain, but with sheik it seems to be rolling toward the edge from Any Spot (as long as you are looking toward the edge) will make you fall off when you initiate needles as soon as the roll is ending.
I believe I may have made a topic about it. If not it was just a post.

Regardless there is a tester video in my youtube profile (same name) you can watch. I tried from many locations but only the one where she is just short of the full roll range works.

Top Bottom