• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes you refuse to play for dumb reasons

D

Deleted member

WHY A CHARACTER THAT REPRESENTS A GAME ABOUT ANIMAL CRUELTY IS IN MY FIGHTING GAME TO BEGIN THE DISCUSSION?
AND IT'S MY DUMB REASON ANYWAY!

Terrible game! All these little ducks without mother...

Peace :*
It's a ****ing game, again, WHY DOES IT MATTER.

D

Deleted member

WHY A CHARACTER THAT REPRESENTS A GAME ABOUT ANIMAL CRUELTY IS IN MY FIGHTING GAME TO BEGIN THE DISCUSSION?
AND IT'S MY DUMB REASON ANYWAY!

Terrible game! All these little ducks without mother...

Peace :*
*takes out popcorn* this should be fun

osby

Smash Obsessed
K.Rool and Ridley. Don't like the characters, don't like their playstyles, don't like their supports.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
what "ducks being killed in real life?"
no seriously, wtf are you talking about

View attachment 182942
It's what it symbolizes. Hunting and death of real life creatures, that suffer, that die and let their children without parents. Hate that dog, hate the player that play this game, have everything and this game should be forgotten and get out Smash.

D

Deleted member

It's what it symbolizes. Hunting and death of real life creatures, that suffer, that die and let their children without parents. Hate that dog, hate the player that play this game, have everything and this game should be forgotten and get out Smash.
I secondaey DHD so no thank you

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, it's my dumb decision, I dont need to explain to anyone!

But Duck Hunt is a game that makes children to have less respect for birds and valorize hunting, things that I abomine. So, I hate it!

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You are playing a game that symbolizes grown man beating up little kids.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, it's my dumb decision, I dont need to explain to anyone!

But Duck Hunt is a game that makes children to have less respect for birds. So, hate it!
Proof? A study of young children maybe?
If not then I have to assume your making **** up.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Proof? A study of young children maybe?
If not then I have to assume your making **** up.
I'm exagerating of course :)
But I dont like anything that valorizes hunting. And this game is auto explicative about it when you just watch it.
Bye.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Zelda's supposed to fully turn male through magic, like the perfect disguise and that's what makes this character unique imo. But for some reason Nintendo is backtracking on anything like this or Birdo's identity.
It's possible for "fully males" to not look masculine enough in other people's standards.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Zelda's supposed to fully turn male through magic, like the perfect disguise and that's what makes this character unique imo. But for some reason Nintendo is backtracking on anything like this or Birdo's identity.
I- um-
B8F64405-E452-435D-AC53-8B870E4FD4AC.gif

D

Deleted member

I'm exagerating of course :)
But I dont like anything that valorizes hunting. And this game is auto explicative about it when you just watch it.
Bye.
It wasen't obvious you were exaggerating.

Also hunting is vital for humans, where do you think we get meat from? Space?

What does "auto explicatative" mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's been 20 ****ING YEARS

can we put the sheik debate to rest? Please???

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
It's possible for "fully males" to not look masculine enough in other people's standards.
Of course, I mean my issue is more that they tend to drop the character manly appearance that existed at the time of its creation. It's the comparison with the very feminine and graceful Zelda that was fun. You could say I just wish they assume and stay true to the characters they create.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Of course, I mean my issue is more that they tend to drop the character manly appearance that existed at the time of its creation. It's the comparison with the very feminine and graceful Zelda that was fun. You could say I just wish they assume and stay true to the characters they create.
That's kinda subjective, though. She's still noticeably masculine with a lower voice than previous games. And she still contrasts with Zelda: Serious and solemn instead of bubbly and energetic.

I can get if you don't like the new Sheik but characters change all the time if they're in use, this is natural. It's not "not staying true to the character". Sheik is still the same androgynous, silent ninja that gets the job done.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
It wasen't obvious you were exaggerating.

Also hunting is vital for humans, where do you think we get meat from? Space?

What does "auto explicatative" mean?
In Duck Hunt is for sport, so I hate it.
The title of this topic says "Dumb reasons". These are mine. :)

D

Deleted member

In Duck Hunt is for sport, so I hate it.
The title of this topic says "Dumb reasons". These are mine. :)
You are definitely a troll

bad grammar? Check

bad logic? Check

keeps replying every time? Check

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
You are definitely a troll

bad grammar? Check

bad logic? Check

keeps replying every time? Check
What? I'm not a troll, I just respond people, you guys are not letting the discussion die requesting me explanations about my "dumb reason".
Require too much logic in a topic named like that is being a bit stupid in my opinion. Keep debating an opinion about a game is irrelevant, I just gave mine, I hate Duck Hunt for my reasons, if you don't hate, I dont care!
And english is not my first language, so give me some credit :p

Anyway... peace!

Last edited:

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
Most of the replies in this topic seem that way to me.

Some people have some really stupid reasons for not playing characters.
It's *literally* in the thread title, yet some of y'all are getting upset or calling it "trolling" anyways. Get a grip and read the original post.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Fox and Marth - They were my brother's mains back when we first started playing Smash so I stayed away to be different and have trouble shaking that mindset.
Sheik - One of my good friends mained Sheik in Melee and Brawl and I took great pleasure in beating him with lower tier characters. He could be a try hard, so I kind of associated maining Sheik as being a try hard and never touched the character.
Zero Suit Samus - Samus with a power suit should be way more powerful than Samus without a power suit, in my opinion. Zero Suit Samus makes my head cannon go crazy (let's ignore that this is a game where the likes of Pichu can beat the crap out of Mewtwo, the Animal Crossing Villager can beat highly-trained warriors, and the Wii Fit Trainer can win against Ganondorf).

Made an account just to say I hate Isabella (Does she count as a hero? She makes my town pretty so I guess that's a heroic enough deed) with a passion. She's overrated and feel she doesn't fit in smash bros. at all. Waste of a slot.

kirby3021

Smash Journeyman
Not to be contrary or start an argument, but Nintendo's official position is that Sheik is simply Zelda in disguise and that Sheik is most definitely a woman.

Sources:
https://www.zeldadungeon.net/sheiks-gender-confirmed-by-nintendo/
https://www.polygon.com/2014/8/5/5948989/zelda-nintendo-sheik-gender-cosplay

1FC0

Smash Lord
In Smash4 I wanted to play Bayonetta because she was the best by far but she looked very ugly and that is why I did not play her. I hope that if SSBU gets a pay2win character that it is a character that is not very ugly. At least Bayonetta will not be the best anymore, because she is included in the game for free. And it seems unlikely that the next pay2win character will be as ugly as that Bayonetta is.

And I know that I could have payed Cloud who is also pretty pay2win but with Bayonetta around Cloud just was not the best.

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
Well this thread is an obvious mess...
There's something I like about everyone on the roster with the exception of the Miis, I just was never a fan of them ever since they existed.
They're just not appealing avatars imo.

Last edited:

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
In Smash4 I wanted to play Bayonetta because she was the best by far but she looked very ugly and that is why I did not play her. I hope that if SSBU gets a pay2win character that it is a character that is not very ugly. At least Bayonetta will not be the best anymore, because she is included in the game for free. And it seems unlikely that the next pay2win character will be as ugly as that Bayonetta is.

And I know that I could have payed Cloud who is also pretty pay2win but with Bayonetta around Cloud just was not the best.
Bayonetta ugly? How..? It's the same model... I think....

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
Bayonetta ugly? How..? It's the same model... I think....
Bayonetta looks ugly and stupid, and the way she moves grosses me out. I could not bear to see her ugly mug on the victory screen. So instead I decided to play beautiful character like R.O.B.

Lodestar65

Smash Apprentice
Bruh the dog's just following orders, why do you think he's so happy when you miss?

ps_

Banned via Warnings
K.Rool and Ridley. Don't like the characters, don't like their playstyles, don't like their supports.
I don't like the over-saturation of anime garbage in Smash. Same play style, same face, same personality. Most of their regular players come off as total mongs. No reason for me to ever try using them or play their games since, deep down, I know they'll be garbage too.

:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultcloud::ultike::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultshulk:(insert Joker here)

Meanwhile my favorites are K. Rool, Ridley and Dark Samus. Honorable mentions to the Koopa kids, though I can't play them well.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I don't like the over-saturation of anime garbage in Smash. Same play style, same face, same personality. Most of their regular players come off as total mongs. No reason for me to ever try using them or play their games since, deep down, I know they'll be garbage too.

:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultcloud::ultike::ultpalutena::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultshulk:(insert Joker here)

Meanwhile my favorites are K. Rool, Ridley and Dark Samus. Honorable mentions to the Koopa kids, though I can't play them well.
'I don't like this Japanese art style in my Japanese video game so take it out please and they are all trash because of the way they look and they have the same personality' yea because ****ing Palutena and Dark Pit have the same personality ok. If this isn't anti-anime salt idk what is. God help you if Isaac ever becomes playable.

ps_

Banned via Warnings
'I don't like this Japanese art style in my Japanese video game so take it out please and they are all trash because of the way they look and they have the same personality' yea because ****ing Palutena and Dark Pit have the same personality ok. If this isn't anti-anime salt idk what is. God help you if Isaac ever becomes playable.
You know what I consider "Japanese art style"? Street Fighter. Warioware. Castlevania. Metroid. Star Fox. Animal Crossing. Sonic. Plenty more, many of them in Smash.

These are series that are Japanese in origin and actually bother to have an art style. The creators put in some sort of effort to differentiate themselves from other game series. You can't sit a character from Animal Crossing and Street Fighter side-by-side and claim they're from the same series, it's impossible. Their visual design is so strong that the Smash team has to make adjustments and take artistic liberties just to keep the cast's presence from becoming more jarring than Mugen sprite rips.

Meanwhile, in Fire Emblem:

Untitled.png

The above characters aren't playable in Smash Bros., but if they were the Smash team wouldn't have to change anything about them. They're generic.

They exhibit the same core issue you see from Marth, Lucina, Roy, Corrin, Robin and so on: these "characters" look like the same mannequin copy-pasted over and over. If you wanted to recreate these characters as Miis or put them in your Jerma rumble, all you'd have to do is make one central body+face, copy it 50 times and change the hair or costumes. The eyes are the same. The head shapes are the same. Same mouths, same noses, same skin tone. Even their bodies are the same hyper-idealistic "skinny and child-like" figure that anime-loving creeps are drawn to. And from what I can tell in Smash, they have the same personality as well.

It's not limited to visuals either. Fire Emblem has become a running gag in Smash for a reason. Every character added from the series plays exactly the same. Even if Ike and Marth have different swords, both will end up mashing forward-air and dash dancing the entire time. And this seems to be contagious since you see characters like Cloud doing it too. Hell, if I didn't tell you Cloud is from a totally different series you'd think he was from Fire Emblem. Same with Palutena.

I mean, look at this garbage:

Untitled.png

You mean to tell me, 100% honestly, that you'd be able to tell me these characters aren't from the same series if you were unfamiliar with Nintendo?

"But ps_," the fanboys cry, "You just cherry-picked those fifteen characters. There are plenty of Fire Emblem characters who don't look like boring anime!" And for once in their sad lives they would be right. There are examples of somewhat unique designs in the series, presumably because the game's director realized if they didn't let the art team do something different every now and then they'd kill themselves. But none of those designs are playable in Smash and they never will be.

Portrait_victor_fe13.png

Where's this goofball? Why didn't he make it in?

Portrait_candace_fe14.png

What about this big fat *****? Why can't we play as her? Surely she'd use different moves than Marth.

300px-FEF_Arthur_01.png

Or what about this chad? I would play as this guy.

I guess modeling all of those above characters would take more time than simply copying assets from Marth or Lucina, though, and it'd take even longer to work out their movesets. So instead you get to enjoy this refreshing new edition from the Fire Emblem series, one that's making waves throughout the internet for reasons nobody with 2+ neurons can derive any reason from.

1499898197_all out 1.png

Oh, what? He's not from Fire Emblem, despite being drawn in the exact same art style? Could have fooled me!

I hate these **** series. "The game is Japanese, so it can pile in all the forgettable anime they want" is a platitude I'm tired of hearing. At this rate characters with actual effort put into their design will be a minority in Smash Bros., all so the team can make room to advertise this uninspired nonsense to western audiences. And there's droves, no, armies of series sycophants who will excuse this drivel, then continue to ask for...

Who? Isaac? What's he from, some JRPG nobody played? Kind of a far cry from Ridley and K. Rool, don't you think?

tl;dr - My thoughts on anime trash in Smash (and the people who advocate/excuse it):

giphy.gif

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Warned for flaming
Who? Isaac? What's he from, some JRPG nobody played? Kind of a far cry from Ridley and K. Rool, don't you think?
This quote alone makes me laugh.

Oh yeah and you also have some of the ****tiest opinons to grace this site oh my lord. You write a detailed post which comes down to 'boohoo i dont like anime get it out of smash bros, forget about these characters stories and **** idc I DONT LIKE ANIME WAAAA!!!'

Grow the **** up.

ps_

Banned via Warnings
Warned for flaming
This quote alone makes me laugh.

Oh yeah and you also have some of the ****tiest opinons to grace this site oh my lord. You write a detailed post which comes down to 'boohoo i dont like anime get it out of smash bros, forget about these characters stories and **** idc I DONT LIKE ANIME WAAAA!!!'

Grow the **** up.
Your character is a waste of a slot and it's a waste of brain cells to even remember he existed. He will never be playable because the world agrees with this. Enjoy your quickplay icon, assist trophy and dead franchise. I'll be enjoying Metroid Prime and the next Donkey Kong (which at this point will probably have K. Rool in it.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom