• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heroes Draw Near. Command? (Hero Social Thread)

Not counting newcomers/echoes, which kind of DQ content would you like in future Smash games?

• Assist throphies (i.e. Slime/Slime Family, Golems, Killer Machines, Party Members)

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • Mii costumes (Alena, Torneko, Yangus, Priest)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Stages to show more DQ worlds

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • New tracks and arrangements

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • A boss (i.e. Dragonlord, Estark, Bjørn)

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • More Hero Alts (either male or female)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • More cameos

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Items (Chimera wing for example)

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I think that the closer we are getting Hero either last week of July or first two weeks of August, given that they are also using him to push XI S I would think that they would want him to be on people's radar. (Plus I wonder the likehood of a DQ Direct)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I stand by my feeling it’s going to be around 26th.
There’s a Japanese tournament going on and they might want to include Hero of all characters. Or release him at the end although less likely.

Speaking of DQXIs. Anybody else feel like we’ll get some Amiibo functionality?

Solo and Erdrick outfit. I know Eight was already a thing so I’m not sure they’ll hide it behind an amiibo paywall.
Link and marth outfit perhaps?
(Mario and Luigi for Veronica and Serena?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I stand by my feeling it’s going to be around 26th.
There’s a Japanese tournament going on and they might want to include Hero of all characters. Or release him at the end although less likely.

Speaking of DQXIs. Anybody else feel like we’ll get some Amiibo functionality?

Solo and Erdrick outfit. I know Eight was already a thing so I’m not sure they’ll hide it behind an amiibo paywall.
Link and marth outfit perhaps?
(Mario and Luigi for Veronica and Serena?)
Could be cool to have them, BotW Link and regular Link for the Hero could be cool (Also would love DQ costumes in BotW just like Rex got his costume added). Plus you can have things like Wii Fit Trainer for Jade, Sheik costume for Erik, Doctor Mario costume for Rab, can't think anything for Sylvando for some reason maybe Captain Falcon?

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Throwback to the horoscope post I made hours before the Nintendo E3 direct: I find it funny that out of all the images I could've used I picked the "Me and the boys" one specifically. My bday also happens to be on July 20th but I doubt the stars can align perfectly again in just two months.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
i'm still in shock and excitement that Dragon Quest is in i can watch that trailer again and again and still grin ear to ear

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I’m having fun playing Dragon Quest Builders 2 for the Switch. It will keep me busy till Dragon Quest XI S comes out.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I bought a copy of DQVIII for the 3DS a few days ago and currently have about ten hours logged. Everything from the dialogue to the monster designs is pretty charming stuff. I'm definitely looking forward to playing more of it. :)

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
I still chan believe that DQ8 got in smash, it just feel surreal i feel like Shin Megami Tensei fans got the same reaction when :ultjoker: got in.

Just for fun i'll create a Yangus spirit battle:

Yangus:
Character: Luigi with Ore Club/Hammer
Character attack is stronger than usual
Characte speed lower than usual
Can summon blue kirbies or metal kirbies into battle (Whistle)
Assist Trophy Summoning: only Vince, Dr. Willy and Samurai Goroh. (Golden Oldies)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I got stuck in DQ8. The boss I'm at got really hard put of nowhere and practically oneshots everyone on the party

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
The bird in the world of darkness who's name I can't pronounce.
It is Empyrea this has a high defense but little life the best thing to defeat it is that with jesica you do acceleration and angelo is constantly using multifortacimiento and multicuracion with yangus and the hero mentalize up to at least 50 of tension to attack because if you do not do it almost No harm and with the hero heals when necessary and do not use weakening does not affect Empyrea

Last edited:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
The bird in the world of darkness who's name I can't pronounce.
Did you go axes or Spears? You could use the critical skills and spam critical hits. Random, but will eventually work. I did this in my hero only challenge, but with 4 characters should be easier. Also monster team, grab strong monsters like living statue(Talos) and skeledoid.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I still chan believe that DQ8 got in smash, it just feel surreal i feel like Shin Megami Tensei fans got the same reaction when :ultjoker: got in.

Just for fun i'll create a Yangus spirit battle:

Yangus:
Character: Luigi with Ore Club/Hammer
Character attack is stronger than usual
Characte speed lower than usual
Can summon blue kirbies or metal kirbies into battle (Whistle)
Assist Trophy Summoning: only Vince, Dr. Willy and Samurai Goroh. (Golden Oldies)
it was super hype seeing joker who honestly was a really cool edition i'm just really sad that smash fans only got to experience one side of the fandom and I hope we get Shin Megami Tensei as a counter to persona

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It is Empyrea this has a high defense but little life the best thing to defeat it is that with jesica you do acceleration and angelo is constantly using multifortacimiento and multicuracion with yangus and the hero mentalize up to at least 50 of tension to attack because if you do not do it almost No harm and with the hero heals when necessary and do not use weakening does not affect you
My team is around level 35. I don't know what that multifortacimiento spell is and I'm assuming Angelo learns that much later.

TheGuv

Smash Apprentice
So, Jon Gamexplain has been otter posting, it usually means something big will happen that week when he does it.

Hero video maybe? possibly tomorrow since the 17th is the cutoff for EVO.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
So, Jon Gamexplain has been otter posting, it usually means something big will happen that week when he does it.

he didn't say much other than maybe August or September

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

he didn't say much other than maybe August or September
Whatever the news is, it should be sometime within the season, unless another unfortunate incident happens.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

I can assure you with 100% certainty that Nintendo doesn't set their schedule according to EVO cut off date, specially not a date that was only made public less than a week ago. And no, Nintendo wouldn't be asking Mr Wizard when he plans to do the cutoff date to plan a character around that date. If he does end up dropping tomorrow it would be incredibly coincidental.

What is Jon's twitter account?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I can assure you with 100% certainty that Nintendo doesn't set their schedule according to EVO cut off date, specially not a date that was only made public less than a week ago. And no, Nintendo wouldn't be asking Mr Wizard when he plans to do the cutoff date to plan a character around that date. If he does end up dropping tomorrow it would be incredibly coincidental.

What is Jon's twitter account?
Here it is.

https://twitter.com/joncomms

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'm expecting early September at this point. If it comes before then, and I hope it does, then it's a pleasant surprise. If it doesn't then it was to be expected. I just don't want to get my hopes up every weekend for a trailer that, in all likelihood, probably won't happen.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly I'm expecting early September at this point. If it comes before then, and I hope it does, then it's a pleasant surprise. If it doesn't then it was to be expected. I just don't want to get my hopes up every weekend for a trailer that, in all likelihood, probably won't happen.
That's the right mindset to have for this case. There's no point in repeatedly moving the goalpost, so it's best to play the waiting game, at this stage.

Last edited:

Sunredo

Smash Apprentice
In any case; I've been thinking about making a thread for people wanting to get into DQ and remembered this image that was made a couple weeks back:
Obviously I'm not gonna make a thread with just this image in it, but I was wondering what people here think of it? I think all the text will scare people off, however I'm not "people" so I might be a poor judge of that.
Edit: Link should be good now

Last edited:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
In any case; I've been thinking about making a thread for people wanting to get into DQ and remembered this image that was made a couple weeks back:
Obviously I'm not gonna make a thread with just this image in it, but I was wondering what people here think of it? I think all the text will scare people off, however I'm not "people" so I might be a poor judge of that.
Edit: Link should be good now
I'd be fine with that. That picture is really well done, but I think there is a bit much of text.

To be fair, there is no discussion on that picture, simply a thread for some discussion like what is on Reddit could be good for the community if mods will allow it as it is not directly related to smash.

Maybe that picture can be posted in the op of this thread, but I wouldn't mind a separate thread to discuss the games. Or of course people can discuss here.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
When people still ask me if I'm DarkAura64 despite my signature explaining it.

This game is still great by the way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom