• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Her Majesty: Sheik Combo Tutorial (Episode 1)

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i wish we would focus more on low tiers than top tiers in articles such as these...

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
I find it funny how people hate on this game so much. You guys remind me of Dota fanboys hating on League of Legends.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
i wish we would focus more on low tiers than top tiers in articles such as these...
When people find some interesting stuff and make a video I am sure SmashCapps would show them on the front page. I know Charizard has plenty to show that most don't know and I heard Samus has some pretty interesting things.

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Yawn, none of this requires anything beyond basic skill. Ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt fair, Not impressive in melee, not impressive in smash 4.
lol yeah because Fair, Fair, Dair is sooo much more exciting, also if you don't like Smash 4 so much, here's an idea! DON'T PLAY IT OR WATCH IT, or troll on articles that revolve around specifically Smash 4 related content for that matter. Just another neck-beard melee elitist

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Hyrule Warrior Sheik needs to be a free dlc costume, or used in the next Smash.
Only if we get Hyrule Warrior Zelda's battle ball gown too. Because srsly wow it should be illegal to not include it in anything LoZ related in the future.

Anyway, on topic. . . Yeah, Sheik's combos were all pretty easy to pick up and understand. She has plenty of easy combos and some kill moves. Her Majesty should be a mini-series dedicated to the princesses/Zelda and Peach. Which would also include Lucina because of technicalities. huehuehue

I wonder if Wendy Koopa would technically be a princess too? Also, isn't Robin technically a princess/prince since her/his father takes up the throne halfway through the game?

ALL DIS ROYALTY OMG

Last edited:

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
The arguement that perfect pivoting isn't "hard" just because pivoting existed in Melee and 64 needs to be called out for the fraudulence it is. Both those games and PM by extension don't have slide animations after the initial dash if you attempt to change direction, which is why dash dancing exists the way it does in those games. Because of this "pivoting" is exceedingly easier to perform consistently than Sm4sh's "perfect pivoting" as it requires far less precision to accomplish. Yes it eventually is easier to perform once it becomes muscle memory, but that does not change this fact.

Anyway,
Good video, good guide, good day.

Last edited:

sumatchi

Smash Rookie
Hey. That cosplay is actually my sister! Thanks for giving her credit :3

Last edited:

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Warrior Sheik needs to be a free dlc costume, or used in the next Smash.
We should get the the Hyrule Warriors skins as alternate costumes for not only Shiek, but Ganondorf , Link, and Zelda!
(Maybe Lana and Volga in smash as well? :chuckle::chuckle:)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Only if we get Hyrule Warrior Zelda's battle ball gown too. Because srsly wow it should be illegal to not include it in anything LoZ related in the future.

Anyway, on topic. . . Yeah, Sheik's combos were all pretty easy to pick up and understand. She has plenty of easy combos and some kill moves. Her Majesty should be a mini-series dedicated to the princesses/Zelda and Peach. Which would also include Lucina because of technicalities. huehuehue

I wonder if Wendy Koopa would technically be a princess too? Also, isn't the Robin technically a princess/prince since her/his father takes up the throne halfway through the game?

ALL DIS ROYALTY OMG
I think Bowser Jr is the only one that's royal out of the Koopalings, considering Bowser disowned them.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
lol yeah because Fair, Fair, Dair is sooo much more exciting, also if you don't like Smash 4 so much, here's an idea! DON'T PLAY IT OR WATCH IT, or troll on articles that revolve around specifically Smash 4 related content for that matter. Just another neck-beard melee elitist
Fair fair dair? what are you refering to I'm curious.

Don't bring up the basement dweller / neckbeard thing if you're a smash 4 player. Your top players are literally all neckbears, Zero somehow manages to have facial hair EXCLUSIVELY on his neck, and Dabuzz looks like he's permanently smelling something awful and like he got punched in the mouth.

Nairo is pretty cool though. The only player that makes the game seem fast paced, I love his zero suit samus play.

Melee has all the pretty boys and girls :)

Anyway at least someone got salty. Everyone else responded to me with carefully constructed logical arguments that make sense, jerks! XD

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Fair fair dair? what are you refering to I'm curious.

Don't bring up the basement dweller / neckbeard thing if you're a smash 4 player. Your top players are literally all neckbears, Zero somehow manages to have facial hair EXCLUSIVELY on his neck, and Dabuzz looks like he's permanently smelling something awful and like he got punched in the mouth.

Nairo is pretty cool though. The only player that makes the game seem fast paced, I love his zero suit samus play.

Melee has all the pretty boys and girls :)

Anyway at least someone got salty. Everyone else responded to me with carefully constructed logical arguments that make sense, jerks! XD
I'm referring to the Ken combo, and I wholeheartedly disagree with "Melee has all the pretty boys and girls" I've been to almost exclusively Melee tournaments, I've seen them and I've smelled them unfortunately, I don't like Zero or Dabuz either I'm a bigger fan of Mango and PPMD honestly, I'm just sick and tired of Melee elitist types like you trolling and acting like your opinion weighs more than others simply because you enjoy one game more than another. Melee is certainly a more technical game with more options overall to choose from therefore harder to learn and excel at Smash 4 is a more bare-bones combat experience where the player has to rely more on mind-games and reads than anything else and utilize what they do have to win. I love both games but I certainly don't enjoy people like you GTFO kid, Also, You're not worthy of an SSJ3 Goku profile pic try this instead,

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
I'm referring to the Ken combo, and I wholeheartedly disagree with "Melee has all the pretty boys and girls" I've been to almost exclusively Melee tournaments, I've seen them and I've smelled them unfortunately, I don't like Zero or Dabuz either I'm a bigger fan of Mango and PPMD honestly, I'm just sick and tired of Melee elitist types like you trolling and acting like your opinion weighs more than others simply because you enjoy one game more than another. Melee is certainly a more technical game with more options overall to choose from therefore harder to learn and excel at Smash 4 is a more bare-bones combat experience where the player has to rely more on mind-games and reads than anything else and utilize what they do have to win. I love both games but I certainly don't enjoy people like you GTFO kid, Also, You're not worthy of an SSJ3 Goku profile pic try this instead,
Damn

D

Deleted member

Yes. Google my tag and find out more about my legend if you are curious.

Although I will say this, Smash 4 players don't take my bait nearly as seriously as Brawl players did.
Aw look, the dude with the dragon ball avatar is trying to boost his self esteem by trolling and talking smack on a video game forum. How's that working out for ya bud? Do you feel important yet?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
"Oh no! Yamcha got Yamcha'd!"

No need to get so angry, it's just a game afterall.

Are you actually saying the ken combo is boring? Blasphemy. Ken combo 4 lyfe.

PPMD is also one of my favorite smashers, although I've jumped on the Leffen train because I think he's a lot like me in terms of being a **** all the time, but he's actually skilled at melee where as I'm pretty awful by todays standards.

Anyhow, I'm sending you a bill for the polysporin that I need for my tiny little broken heart. You broke my tiny little heart and now I need you to pay for the polysporin :(

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Aw look, the dude with the dragon ball avatar is trying to boost his self esteem by trolling and talking smack on a video game forum. How's that working out for ya bud? Do you feel important yet?
Yes :) And it's not just an avatar. I am goku.

I felt more important in 2007 when more people paid attention to me. My old gimmick was getting angry at 3 in the morning when the smash dojo would release updates on brawl. I was well known for wishing death on Sakurai because Zero suit samus was only playable through an item (smashball) although later on they made it so you could pick her regardless.

Last edited:

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
Yes :) And it's not just an avatar. I am goku.

I felt more important in 2007 when more people paid attention to me. My old gimmick was getting angry at 3 in the morning when the smash dojo would release updates on brawl. I was well known for wishing death on Sakurai because Zero suit samus was only playable through an item (smashball) although later on they made it so you could pick her regardless.
We get mad at Sakuri for everything. That was no exception. Also,
Git ****ed, also enjoy sucking this kids ****
Da faq dude

Barramundi

Smash Rookie
NNID
BarameeQ
I also started using perfect pivit tilts like sheiks ftilt a couple of months ago when I saw a little mac do a perfect pivit up tilt I found that many other characters could also do similar perfect pivit tilts.

-NV

Smash Cadet
You don't need a guide to figure this out. it's literally all forward tilts and forward airs.

Whatever, I guess Smash 4 needs continuous content like this to pretend that the game has depth /combos or whatever. At least in other iterations of the game shieks combo game is MOSTLY ftilts and easy fairs, but she can also do a heck of a lot more complicated stuff (see m2k)

And of course, here's another opportunity to post my favorite sm4sh related meme.

View attachment 62054
Bro you are so right!

To the general public:
I thought sm4sh was good/fun until I played melee again (my friend borrowed my CD) Melee blew my mind, I went and played a game of sm4sh and was like WOW this game is purely strings/follow ups and reads. Literally every "combo" is a follow-up after a throw or repeated use of a super weak tilt. Blegh

I don't know if I'm gonna play sm4sh again, because I'm about to build me a gaming PC, not purely for melee global net play, but definitely a good portion. Anyways if y'all wanna give me some feedback on my pcpartpicker parts listlist, I can send a pm with it.

Top Bottom