• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Her Majesty: Sheik Combo Tutorial (Episode 1)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Evo is just around the corner but it looks like Sheik mains have a few more things to practice! 4G Gaming has released an excellent combo tutorial for Sheik. Within includes information for maximizing damage output with combos, combo starters, and more. Learn how to really maximize Sheik's potential with these epic combos!

SmashCapps is in Las Vegas at Evo! Be sure to drop by and say hello if you can, or follow him on Twitter for live tweets and coverage of the event. P.S. For those who like the picture used for this article be sure to check out cosplayer Silver Shade!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
That's an awesome cosplay!

You would never know that she's actually Princess Zebthhsshhhh!!

(Sorry I almost spoiled that for everyone...)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hyrule Warriors Sheik is best Sheik and that cosplay is best cosplay. <3

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wh-whoa...

That backside Utilt 2 hit to BAir was just mesmerizing. Not to mention that these are...Guaranteed... o_x

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Every time I look outside my window I see it. Everyone is scared of it. No one knows when it's coming.

The nerfs.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
That's an awesome cosplay!

You would never know that she's actually Princess Zebthhsshhhh!!

(Sorry I almost spoiled that for everyone...)
Didn't know that was a cosplay until you pointed it out lol.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yawn, none of this requires anything beyond basic skill. Ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt fair, Not impressive in melee, not impressive in smash 4.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The Combo Meter in Brawl is complete trash, but in this game, it's actually ok.
However, sometimes, in smash 4, it says stuff doesn't combo even though it does.
One example of this is when the opponent has like 1 frame to work with after getting out of hitstun, but has no fast enough option to make any difference - not even an airdodge. It then says it's not a true combo although it is.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Yawn, none of this requires anything beyond basic skill. Ftilt ftilt ftilt ftilt fair, Not impressive in melee, not impressive in smash 4.
There was a lot more going on than that but this video is not about tech skill it is about combos, combo extending, and maximizing damage.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hyrule Warrior Sheik needs to be a free dlc costume, or used in the next Smash.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
There was a lot more going on than that but this video is not about tech skill it is about combos, combo extending, and maximizing damage.
You don't need a guide to figure this out. it's literally all forward tilts and forward airs.

Whatever, I guess Smash 4 needs continuous content like this to pretend that the game has depth /combos or whatever. At least in other iterations of the game shieks combo game is MOSTLY ftilts and easy fairs, but she can also do a heck of a lot more complicated stuff (see m2k)

And of course, here's another opportunity to post my favorite sm4sh related meme.

353130.jpg

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
You don't need a guide to figure this out. it's literally all forward tilts and forward airs.

Whatever, I guess Smash 4 needs continuous content like this to pretend that the game has depth /combos or whatever. At least in other iterations of the game shieks combo game is MOSTLY ftilts and easy fairs, but she can also do a heck of a lot more complicated stuff (see m2k)

And of course, here's another opportunity to post my favorite sm4sh related meme.

View attachment 62054
good job at completely ignoring the fact that most of these combos are done with PP, which is frame perfect. and another thing, good job at looking at one character and judging the whole game off of her.
you should get paid extra for that.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
good job at completely ignoring the fact that most of these combos are done with PP, which is frame perfect. and another thing, good job at looking at one character and judging the whole game off of her.
you should get paid extra for that.
Thanks dude, I also think I deserve a raise.

Perfect pivoting isn't difficult. If you think it is, you suck.

I love how pivoting has been in smash since 64... and people act like it's exclusive new top level stuff for smash 4.

Zionaze

Smash Ace

View attachment 62054
Do you honestly have fun posting stuff like this?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Do you honestly have fun posting stuff like this?
Yes. Google my tag and find out more about my legend if you are curious.

Although I will say this, Smash 4 players don't take my bait nearly as seriously as Brawl players did.

Last edited:

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
Guys accept it. He's right. Sheik is made to look so complicated but is so easy to learn. For God's sake ftlt filt ftilt fair nair fair ta daaaaaa. But wait! I'm not stopping there! Smash 4 is so out stretched that there are too many techs to master! No wonder why people cling to melee!
1st of all it is at first but however it becomes muscle memory.2nd Fun fact of the day!
I love how pivoting has been in smash since 64... and people act like it's exclusive new top level stuff for smash 4.
Literally i did not know that. :drflip: 3rd People treat it like its new because those people ARE new. To the community. To smash. And with new techs being discovered almost every week it seems, its only natural for the community to take it that way.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Guys accept it. He's right. Sheik is made to look so complicated but is so easy to learn. For God's sake ftlt filt ftilt fair nair fair ta daaaaaa. But wait! I'm not stopping there! Smash 4 is so out stretched that there are too many techs to master! No wonder why people cling to melee!
Your sarcasm has pleased me. I will spare your life next time I charge up a dbz type attack. (probably next week or something)

Literally i did not know that. :drflip: 3rd People treat it like its new because those people ARE new. To the community. To smash. And with new techs being discovered almost every week it seems, its only natural for the community to take it that way.
Very good point! And I'm happy to give you that knowledge. Pivoting was a very useful tech in smash 64, and very easy to do. It's a big part of falcon's fthrow combo games.

I don't like that people are playing smash 4 without having played smash 64 or melee at the very least. No wonder there are so many scrubs and filthy casuals in the sm4sh scene. This sucks for the serious & talented smash 4 players like Nairo. (NOT Dabuzz)

To call yourself part of the competitive smash scene, at least 1000 hours of smash 64 and 1000 hours of melee should be required.

I'm also PRETTY confident that most top smash 4 players used to play melee or 64 at some point.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I don't like that people are playing smash 4 without having played smash 64 or melee at the very least. No wonder there are so many scrubs and filthy casuals in the sm4sh scene. This sucks for the serious & talented smash 4 players like Nairo. (NOT Dabuzz)

To call yourself part of the competitive smash scene, at least 1000 hours of smash 64 and 1000 hours of melee should be required.

I'm also PRETTY confident that most top smash 4 players used to play melee or 64 at some point.
I don't even think there is a "competitive" smasher thats never followed the previous games.
More scrubs and casuals = more Pot$ for the winners so :V

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Thanks dude, I also think I deserve a raise.

the thing is, perfect pivoting varies with different characters. i can do it easily with dk and rob, but greninja is a very different story. idk about sheik tho. and i'm aware that it's a mainstay technique in the smash series.
lastly, serious question, why do you look at sheik and say smash 4 has on tech skill when shulk, peach, rosalina, and others exist?

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
I will spare your life next time I charge up a dbz type attack.
:4falcon::4marth::4fox: Bring it.

I have played melee. Without knowing what it was. I was wrapped up in WTF IS SONIC COLORS? HAS IT COME OUT YET? HUH? HUH? HUH?!? By that time i had brrawl and loved it too (i was young in knowledge of melee so knowledge of brawl was a mere egg)

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Your sarcasm has pleased me. I will spare your life next time I charge up a dbz type attack. (probably next week or something)

Very good point! And I'm happy to give you that knowledge. Pivoting was a very useful tech in smash 64, and very easy to do. It's a big part of falcon's fthrow combo games.

Players don't need to play the other games but I highly recommend it they are all fun and are so different from each other. Scrubs are a problem in the Smash 4 scene but every new scene gets those. Hopefully a lot of them will finally stop whining about "jank" or wishing for nerfs/buffs and instead try to adapt and improve the meta.

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
Your confidence is correct, see The Smash Brothers on youtube. The 1000 hours I would have NO problem doing its just that i dont have those consoles or those games XC.

luke_ario

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lukeario13
Players don't need to play the other games but I highly recommend it they are all fun and are so different from each other. Scrubs are a problem in the Smash 4 scene but every new scene gets those. Hopefully a lot of them will finally stop whining about "jank" or wishing for nerfs/buffs and instead try to adapt and improve the meta.
THANK YOU. Thats what i was looking for. Yes scrubs are a problem. Most scrubs are literally,
No wonder there are so many scrubs and filthy casuals in the sm4sh scene.
who can't adapt or improve and probably don't want to want to either. They'll probably just sit back and play something that mainly (based off of an experience Dylan plz no hurt) a spoiled 10 year old would play. Like...sayyyy, DBXV?

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz

Not everyone had those systems. More so 64 then a gamecube. You don't need to play 1000 hours in both of those games to call yourself competitive. Knowing the basics being able to apply it in a match, going to tournaments to compete should be what makes someone part of the competitive scene.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Not everyone had those systems. More so 64 then a gamecube. You don't need to play 1000 hours in both of those games to call yourself competitive. Knowing the basics being able to apply it in a match, going to tournaments to compete should be what makes someone part of the competitive scene.
Ok, I'll concede. But still, playing smash 64 / melee is a good idea. The skill carries over to smash 4.

I only played smash 4 once... picked shiek of course, 4 stock... er... 2 stocked most people. They told me I should enter the bracket, I laughed and thanked em for the compliment but no thanks, the game bores me. I don't like the lack of edgeguarding techniques that's my biggest pet peeve. The ledge trump makes smash worse than tripping mechanics in brawl... and is just so clearly a slap in the face to smashers who would grab ledge to edgeguard, but removing it / giving the ledge for free makes these matches, even grand finals, reallly boring.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Ok, I'll concede. But still, playing smash 64 / melee is a good idea. The skill carries over to smash 4.

I only played smash 4 once... picked shiek of course, 4 stock... er... 2 stocked most people. They told me I should enter the bracket, I laughed and thanked em for the compliment but no thanks, the game bores me. I don't like the lack of edgeguarding techniques that's my biggest pet peeve. The ledge trump makes smash worse than tripping mechanics in brawl... and is just so clearly a slap in the face to smashers who would grab ledge to edgeguard, but removing it / giving the ledge for free makes these matches, even grand finals, reallly boring.
Sheik has some nice edguarding/edge trumping tricks(watch a few clips of False on Rush Hour Smash to see them) in Smash 4 but if ya don't find competitive Smash 4 fun no problem just stick to what you find fun. I like the ledge mechanics in Smash 4 but I understand why some people hate it. It would be a nice change that when someone grabs on to the ledge twice in a row(they don't have invincibility if they grab twice in a row) they can be edge hogged if someone else grabs it before them. The smash 4 ledge was designed to prevent planking which many people did not like in Brawl and everything M2K likes doing on the ledge when playing Melee Shiek so it is understandable where Sakurai's idea came from and it does help the characters with poor recovery.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144

It's kinda ironic how many guys demanded harder stuff in Smash 4 and now that something (Not the whole game; I can't say Smash 4 is harder to play than Melee, it would be a lie) demands more work of the player, it's bashed. Why grab the ledge when I can finish the opponent? Also, the person who gets your ledge has no invincibility whatsoever. Kick its back and attack the heck out of it. By "harder", I mean that you actually have to work to do the process, and this may make battles more exciting, not boring. Whatever, since off-stage edgeguard is less risky, but demands more and it's more rewarding than ever, we should thank whoever had the idea to change it. I'm not saying edgehogging was bad, just thinking about the change as a whole. You just do the same edgeguarding you used to in Melee, and it's still rewarding, since the gravity is not as heavy as it used to be and you get almost no risk of dying on the process.

Top Bottom