• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help

mateo101

Smash Cadet
is there anything shiek can do vs edge hogs? i mean when i get knocked out 2 far dat i barely make the ledge. i get edge hogged. i mean shieks vanish only hurts where she actually vanishes
not where she appears. so i cant knock em off the ledge.

anything i can do? or am i pretty much screwed 2 cheap killz?

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
In the situation you described, the answer is no, there's nothing you can do.

...so logically, the only answer we can give you, is don't let that happen to you. If you're high enough, needles MIGHT be able to help you, but if you're at that angle and throwing needles, odds are you should be able to make it back to the stage with a vanish anyways.

So yeah, you're screwed when you fail to DI and got knocked way the hell off the edge. Like Ankoku said, learn to DI better to reduce the situation of "just making it".

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
When you're in your tumbling animation, transform to Zelda while holding down+(towards the stage) IMMEDIATELY after hitting jump. As if almost to hit them both at the same time.

When she comes out of it, use the second jump if you still have it, and then Farore's Wind back to the stage. It will make you go the distance of a full Vanish upwards and one to the left, and you'll still have the jump and/or FW.

If you haven't been killed by the hit, Sheik/Zelda can recover from ANYWHERE.

Yeah, you might get hit for it, but it's worth it instead of losing your last stock. Who knows... they might be so "OMGWTF" that you'll be able to attack before they realise what just happened.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. Save the second jump if at all possible. It'll give you a chance to try to F-Air them off the edge on the way back, throw needles, or if you are really below the stage, maybe a Wall-Jump/Cling might help you out. Otherwise, I'd say you're in serious trouble.

You can also try SinkingHigher's transformation trick, but I haven't had the chance to try that myself or see it in action, so I can't put good input on it :) But I do like the idea!

popsofctown

Smash Champion
2 cents:

On yoshi's island, if you a being edgehogged, i think you can abstain from vanish and instead cling to the wall below the would-be-hogger. Then jump up and do something aggressive.

mateo101

Smash Cadet
o sweet, thx. its 2 bad u have to change to zelda to get back everytime

that vid really helped.

i should probly practice with zelda sum now.

i also use my chain 2 recover every chance i get. the distance is not much less then vanish and i dont use a vanish with helps diminishing returns

last question, is there a way to stall the change time from zelda to shiek, i saw a vid of sumone doing it i never figured out how though

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
It's sort of random. The speed is directly related to how busy your Wii is.

You know when you hear the Wii making all sorts of crackly noises? That means the load on it is heavy, so doing it then would make it take longer. HOWEVER, it may take so long that you simply die before you can change.

Seriously, try out Zelda. She is an amazing character to know, and to know her and Sheik inside out makes for mega PWN.

Top Bottom