• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Help] Zero Suit Samus

hojunc

Smash Rookie
I have two problems. ;(

1) When I verse my brother and he uses snake, he uses (Dash A), then (UpSmash). And I'm always airborne because of it. Also he uses (UpSmash) to guard to edge so im scared that I might get hit when I come back.
2) What should I do when there are edge-hogs and I've used my jumps. I tried down-b.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
1) just air dodge, that's what i do. but someone else'll tell you the right thing to do.
2) get close to the stage when you're recovering before using your jump. because you'll jump towards the edge. then you can d-special as your second jump back on the stage.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I have two problems. ;(

1) When I verse my brother and he uses snake, he uses (Dash A), then (UpSmash). And I'm always airborne because of it. Also he uses (UpSmash) to guard to edge so im scared that I might get hit when I come back.
2) What should I do when there are edge-hogs and I've used my jumps. I tried down-b.
1. Do you mean snake dashing? His sliding Usmash? If so keep him at bay with paralyzed shots. You can also do Side B if you're spacing it right or even use your jabs. Personally though I've had the easiest time just shooting with an uncharged B or if they're very careless with it a fully charged B.

As for Snake's Usmash off the stage there is really no one way to deal with this as it depends on your angle. If you're recovering from very high above you can use Down A (it will go through the missile and hit him. If the opponent is being careless you can hit them away from the edge with a side B and then recover. You can also tether then roll on to the stage, tether then jump to an airdodge. Experiment with your different options.

2. You should rarely have to use all your jumps before you get to the stage. Make sure you know how to boost with your Up B to help you with this. If you absolutely have to then remember that your Down B can footstool off an opponents head even if they are holding onto the edge. You can also wallkick with your side B depending on the stage. If all else fails you could go underneath them and try your Up B to spike them. Its not perfect but if you're going to die anyway you may as well try to take them with you.

Hope that helped.

noradseven

Smash Lord
his sliding u-smash is kinda a joke against ZSS just don't let him figure out that his regular dash attack ****s us up far worse.

To beat his u-smash spamming, at the scrub level just paralyze shot it to death, later on your going to want to get good at fastfalling b-air/ and over B, to punish it, or hell block pivot grab.

But since he feels inclined to use it so much get good at air dodging it in a all seriousness you should never be hit by u-smash the only reason why its still p. good, is because it forces an airdodge and can give the snake a better position or they get hit either way its normally a good thing, for snake.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Also when I dash attack, he can just Punch out of it :9 help? :D
Don't dash attack if you know its going to miss, and yeah a decent number of ppl have a move that out prioritizes it.

Dash attack is a good move to throw out on occasion but it should certainly not be spammed its p. much becoming the new over B as far as ZSS players.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I mean seriously it doesn't matter man we only get a few new threads every week, stuff like thatis to prevent thread overflow which isn't occuring.

sasook

Smash Champion
Regardless, there's a place for everything. There was no need for a new thread, even if the boards aren't overcrowded.

Top Bottom