• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help With WaveShielding and Marths

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I'm sure I'm going to be yelled at to have searched, but I tells ya there was nothin'.

Anyways, waveshielding. I find it impossible to wavedash efficiently with X and L, so should I start shielding with L regularly to waveshield? Currently I use R to shield. The only thing I use L for really is, of course, L-cancelling.

As for Marths... I'm sure waveshielding will help me in this category, but I just can't get in through their range. I realize that once you get in, don't let go, but that's the problem. I'll try pill rushing and spamming, but the marth will usually juse use a Neutral A and cancel my pill's priority, no matter how many I throw out there. Help?

Bob Money

Smash Ace
hey wel the point of thorwing pills inst to mak them hit its to control space. when u throw a pill marths options arelimited u have to know how he can get through it .
umm dash attack...clanks with almost everyone of marths ground moves. try ftilt angled in manyways . reallty tho doc doesnt have to speed or priority to keep marth down for long. find opening with quick wd to jab and ftilts and dash attacs. if the marth keeps eating your pills with jab u dont have to go attack him, u can pill and pill and pill until he budges mixing indash dancingto bait him out

SmashMac

Smash Lord
hey wel the point of thorwing pills inst to mak them hit its to control space. when u throw a pill marths options arelimited u have to know how he can get through it .
umm dash attack...clanks with almost everyone of marths ground moves. try ftilt angled in manyways . reallty tho doc doesnt have to speed or priority to keep marth down for long. find opening with quick wd to jab and ftilts and dash attacs. if the marth keeps eating your pills with jab u dont have to go attack him, u can pill and pill and pill until he budges mixing indash dancingto bait him out

That is exactly what I was going to say before I read through this post. Marths have laggy attacks and once you're at a high percent they can't really kill you unless you let them. Try to shield (poweshielding f-smashes helps so much) and then wavedash out of it to a jab and then grab. If he's at like, 17 - 26%, D-throw to utilt, and then full jump a uair, ff another uair and then begin shffling uairs until you can find the proper attack for the finish(really depends on the damage). D-throw him to try and get in a fair if he's like 113% - 119% (works pretty well), or if he's above that, just full jump a sex kick or a back air (to get him off the stage), depending on where you're at in the stage. Like Bob$ said, pills are really helpful for spacing more so, but, if you use them right, you could Decoy Vitamin into an attack/grab. Against Marth it's patience more than anything. Getting around his range is challenging, but once you get inside, that's about it. You might want to master ledge-teching as well and all forms of it.

Smash Journeyman
^bob$ and smashmac that wasn't fair i wanted to help him too:(
well to great doc players with good answers the hit the advice on the head good luck!

Top Bottom