• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help With Uair SHFFLs

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Okay, when I try to SHFFL Uairs, especially in battle, in rapid succession I always end up either:
A) Fastfalling to quickly
B) Uairing too slowly or
C) A combination

Some help? This seems like a similar issue to those who first pick up SHL. They either get the laser out but it is too high or, the more common case, the laser ***** but no shot is fired. I guess my situation is similar to that, if it helps. Should I fastfall later or Uair earlier or what?

Bob Money

Smash Ace
this helps me : try dashing after your up air then stop your dash and up air
this isnt nessarlity to combo its just for better control to practice hittting with the tip of the up air or any part u like

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I use the control stick for Uair and Dair and sometimes the other aerials.

Thanks for the tip, Bob, but it isn't placing the hits on having a hard time with. If done quickly enough, you can Uair and fast fall without having to L-Cancel. Well, when I try to do that, about 60% of the time or so I fail and end up doing an Up smash or something.

Nice signature, sk8tin =P. Never once did I ever think I'd be quoted. Lol.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
hmmm. I've seen your Doc on your moneymatch vid Kash. By the looks of it I'm surprised your having trouble with uair shffls as your Dr is v good. i have problems with uair shffls as well. All I do is try and press L after I hit the ground. (hmmmm that was really crap advice :dizzy: ). Ah well. You seem lie a good player to me so it won't be too long before you suss it anyway

Ronin686

Smash Ace
I just press X and move my thumb to the C-stick as quick as possible. Seems to work every time.

Mix

Smash Cadet
yeah just get the timing down with not fast falling and use the c stick. then when you get that to where you dont have to l cancel start getting the timing WITH the fast fall.

Top Bottom