• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help With Pits DI!!

Lil' Pit

Smash Rookie
What do other Pit mains use for Pit's DI (for a wii remote n numchuck)

Nitrix

Smash Ace
I heard that D-Air is a good move to DI with since it is fast and causes Pit to fastfall (I think?).

Does anyone know if using the Shield helps with DI? Maybe it is like G&W's Bucket?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I heard that D-Air is a good move to DI with since it is fast and causes Pit to fastfall (I think?).

Does anyone know if using the Shield helps with DI? Maybe it is like G&W's Bucket?
Shield doesn't affect momentum at all. GW's bucket doesn't help with DI either, it just cancels momentum.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I try a Dair, but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'm kinda wondering the same thing. What IS the best way for Pit to momentum cancel?
The aerial that has the least frames with least ending lag.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
I use dair, because it fastfalls automaticly wich helps with DI.
But I think if u can Fair and Fastfall it very fast, that's the best option.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
According to the Pit frame data thread, Pit's Dair is 2 frames faster than Fair. So the best way to DI to live horizontally would be to Dair and then immediately jump and glide perfectly directly against the knockback.

Vertically would just be to Dair and DI normally.

stealthgun

Smash Cadet
DI stands for Directional Influence which is done by inputting directions with the analog stick and c-stick based on where the original trajectory of the attack sends you and also where you want to go such as the top corners of the stage or to the stage itself in order to tech it. What I think that you're thinking of is momentum cancelling which is done by performing an attack after you have been hit to slow your momentum. Ideally this would be the attack that comes out fastest. Also be sure not to mash the attack input because it won't come out as fast as it would by timing it right.

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Ending speed doesn't affect momentum cancelling at all. Its just how fast it comes out that matters as the thing that slows Pit down is the animation itself.
Once i read that snake's bair are better for momentum cancel as it's uair.
Than i might think that this information is wrong?

stealthgun

Smash Cadet
Both snake's U-air and B-air are good for momentum cancelling as they both come out fast but without going on the snake character discussion to check how many frames each one takes to come out, I can't say which is better.

Top Bottom