• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help with Marth

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so my friend plays a ****ing fair happy Marth and I can't get around it. And to make matters worse, he has the worst online lag I've ever played with in the history of laggy games, and uses it to his advantage. I know that D3 vs. Marth is supposed to be even, but how exactly is this true? Any advice on how to beat Marth? (besides telling me not to play online) :p

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
waddle, mess up his approach and then use attacks with lots of range
Chain grab isnt going to work against marth

and for marth + lag, that should be hard on his spacing

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
marth can block back d3 waddle dees but still toss them and still just like nappy said shield grab everything

YouAreOutOfMy5

Smash Apprentice
Yea I know wifi sux, but my friend's lag is gay. Timing<spam. Anyways I'll hav to try bairing and shield grabing more.Thx for the advice guys.:)

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a D3 guy, but as far as I know, you have range, and marth has very little range. Use that throw, because that is one thing that will help you win.

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
waddle, mess up his approach and then use attacks with lots of range
Chain grab isnt going to work against marth

and for marth + lag, that should be hard on his spacing
are you crazy? obviously you dont play alot of D3's, DeDeDe can chain grab marth except it takes a little more timing.

chaos_

Smash Journeyman
marth has very little range.

wow u should get hooked for that do u even know about marth to say that

Mith_

Smash Champion
Marth is easy...bair>fair. Waddle camp and shield grab everything too.

no....dont.
Ftilt has more range and is easier to land than bair and fair. and if the marth is good at spacing it will be hard to shield grab. even harder on wifi.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'm not a D3 guy, but as far as I know, you have range, and marth has very little range. Use that throw, because that is one thing that will help you win.
AND WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS FOR THE MOST IGNORANT POST EVER MADE!!!!! Akkon you have won a trip to GTFO of the dedede boards xD

napZzz

Smash Hero
....I've always ***** marths with DDD...I've just always found that he beats out marth where's he's best at (the air) wins on the ground, has chain grabing, and can gimp/edge hog marth easy.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm not going to bother giving online advice, its garbage.

Offline though, ftilt ***** face. If you get a Marth that is just throwing fairs in your face, camp him with side b and ftilt when he gets close. Then if hes dumb enough to fair you while you have your shield up, chaingrab him to the other side of the stage.

easy peasy

Buuman

Smash Ace
I'm not going to bother giving online advice, its garbage.

Offline though, ftilt ***** face. If you get a Marth that is just throwing fairs in your face, camp him with side b and ftilt when he gets close. Then if hes dumb enough to fair you while you have your shield up, chaingrab him to the other side of the stage.

easy peasy
umm or just sheild grab ---> CG...ftilt does at most 6 damage with **** for knockback

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Maybe some Marths know how to space and are going to stay out of grab range?

Top Bottom