• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help With Falco (And Sorry for Making This It's own Thread)

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
To preface, I've been reading the Oliboards for a couple weeks now and I'm very familiar with the rules about posting. I do know that there is a matchup thread and that someone was also supposed to write a character guide for Zori to put with the collection; however, for whatever reason, I am entirely unable to search the forums. Any query returns a blank page, regardless of how long I wait. This also occurs when I try the advanced search option. I've also tried it in Firefox, Chrome, and IE. I have no clue why it happens, but because of this I can't find what's already been written.

That said, if someone else is able to provide a direct link to a discussion page that would answer my questions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Now on to my actual question: I have no idea how to fight Falco. I have problems with projectile characters in general, but Falco is especially difficult to fight against. I play against a guy who likes to spam lasers at me (not a good strategy in general, but very effective against me) and it quickly gets frustrating and morale breaking when I can't figure out what to do. If I try to outrun them on a ledge he just hops and keeps shooting. If I try to approach him, a laser most often interrupts my approach and leaves me open for punishing. If I try throwing pikmin, I usually get hit with a laser during or after the attempt, he quickly swats it off, and he continues to spam lasers. :urg:

Even so, I don't do horribly against him; I can usually get him down to one stock, but I've never won. The lasers make it a terribly difficult game for me, especially he's at high percentages and all I want to do is kill him. Can someone please give me (or link me to) some advice on how to better handle this?:confused:

MeatyBrawler

Smash Rookie
Once knew a guy who did this. He said if i beat him one time on a character of his choosing (Olimar) He'd stop firing his lazor. Or spamming it. Go on a big stage. and run. the lasers can't go on forever- or so i remember. I set it so that the only item was S Balls- (I really wanted him to stop) As soon as i saw one i dashed towards it, and he went bye bye. See if you can make the bet with him to.

dahighii

Smash Apprentice
Once knew a guy who did this. He said if i beat him one time on a character of his choosing (Olimar) He'd stop firing his lazor. Or spamming it. Go on a big stage. and run. the lasers can't go on forever- or so i remember. I set it so that the only item was S Balls- (I really wanted him to stop) As soon as i saw one i dashed towards it, and he went bye bye. See if you can make the bet with him to.
O_o

But I don't play with items. Thanks for the advice though, I do appreciate your trying to help. I've slowly been becoming a better Olimar, and it's only a matter of time until this is an ordinary matchup :)

Denti

Smash Master
your going to get hit by lazers in this MU so don't let it get to you. don't stay long range, but don't be close range. be in a comfortable mid range area where you can punish him and yet avoid hit physical attacks. nair and up tilt beat his phantasm. pivot grab baiting him works well. this MU is tough and doesn't come naturally, so i don't blame you for having trouble.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
when you fight him, just think "IM MOTHER****ING OIMAR, IM THE KING OF PLAYING GAY ON THE GROUND, LEMME JUST SPAM SIDE-B, FSMASH, AND UPTILT WHILE NEVER JUMPING BECAUSE I CAN DO THIS TO FALCO!!!!!!!!!"

trust me, this strategy works :)

Denti

Smash Master
when you fight him, just think "IM MOTHER****ING OIMAR, IM THE KING OF PLAYING GAY ON THE GROUND, LEMME JUST SPAM SIDE-B, FSMASH, AND UPTILT WHILE NEVER JUMPING BECAUSE I CAN DO THIS TO FALCO!!!!!!!!!"

trust me, this strategy works :)
for some reason, i feel happier XD

Top Bottom