• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help! Will brawl work on my wii?!?!

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
I'm completely worried right now because ive heard alot of things about the wii not running brawl if the wii has dirt or tabacco build up inside it.

Now I beleve this to be true of course but the thing is...my dad smokes inside the house. This is not the point tho.

The point is:

With my dad smoking 80% of the time in the basement,
20% on ground level of house, and never ever in the upstairs, where my wii is located inside my room, under the tv in a deep cut shelf........

...Will brawl work on my wii?

Please someone help me im very worried.

(P.s. i know ther are numerous threads about this subject but this is regarding specifically my circumstances, thx for ur time)

EDIT: My question has been satisfied, mods feel free to lock this thread if it becomes too much of a hassle.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Brawl will definitely work on your wii. It shouldn't matter, as long as you've been doing the Wii system update frequently, or recently.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Brawl is for Gamecube not Wii Silly!

/Sarcasm

Shuma

Smash Hero
And God did say unto noah.

Thou shalt buildt additional pylons.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Put Super Mario Sunshine in your Wii. It'll clean it for you.

I'm sure the warantee will cover your problem if it stops working.

Are you serious about the mario sunshine thing?

and do u mean the warantee on the copy of brawl or my wii?

fireb0rn

Smash Apprentice
of course brawl will work... lol, just because it didn't work for one person (imagine how many people post here) doesn't mean there will be more than a handful who don't have it work.

fluffy

Smash Champion
What a pointless thread.

Why don't you just try putting another disk into the wii and see if it works?

chaos28

Smash Journeyman
I blew my knee out and spent two weeks in my small bedroom smoking weed and tobacco while playing Mario Galaxy. I've never encountered any smoke-related problems with any video game system, to be honest... maybe my DVD player, but it's old and cost only $80 even back then.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I blew my knee out and spent two weeks in my small bedroom smoking weed and tobacco while playing Mario Galaxy. I've never encountered any smoke-related problems with any video game system, to be honest... maybe my DVD player, but it's old and cost only $80 even back then.
Yea but since Brawl is Dual Layered it might encounter Problems with dust and/or tobacco :mad: Lucky for us Nintendo is setting up a Wii replacement/Fix Service For this problem, even if your Wii is still under warranty or not

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
What a pointless thread.

Why don't you just try putting another disk into the wii and see if it works?
Well, actually Brawl is a different disc compared to other games, it's doub le layered so it may not work on a tabacco filled Wii.

However, I have a solution, which may cost a bit. Buy a Wii memory card and copy all your Wii data to that memory card. Buy an SD card so you can copy other things like Virtual Console games (Can you do that? I think you can...)

Now, if Brawl doesn't work on your Wii, search for a new cheap Wii. That way, you won't lose all your data when you get your new Wii and Brawl will work!

Also, tell your Dad to smoke outside, tell him it's costing him money to buy a new Wii and stuff.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well, actually Brawl is a different disc compared to other games, it's doub le layered so it may not work on a tabacco filled Wii.

However, I have a solution, which may cost a bit. Buy a Wii memory card and copy all your Wii data to that memory card. Buy an SD card so you can copy other things like Virtual Console games (Can you do that? I think you can...)

Now, if Brawl doesn't work on your Wii, search for a new cheap Wii. That way, you won't lose all your data when you get your new Wii and Brawl will work!

Also, tell your Dad to smoke outside, tell him it's costing him money to buy a new Wii and stuff.
Actually the best Solution is send you're Wii for a Free fix or Replacement even if you're Warranty expired :laugh:

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
I really hope yours will work. You've done nothing bad to your Wii. Just get the recent update and hopefully fine Wii's will work. :)

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
No, if your dad smoke inside the house even just a little bit it is confirmed that Brawl will not work because there is so much stuff on the disk that the tobacco messes it up.

sorry buddy, there will be no Brawls for you.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
No, if your dad smoke inside the house even just a little bit it is confirmed that Brawl will not work because there is so much stuff on the disk that the tobacco messes it up.

sorry buddy, there will be no Brawls for you.
Well that's a demotivater.

And that was never confirmed anywhere. If the Wii is in his room and his door his shut while he's playing it, I would assume his game would work perfectly fine.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Well that's a demotivater.

And that was never confirmed anywhere. If the Wii is in his room and his door his shut while he's playing it, I would assume his game would work perfectly fine.
Thanks alot :)

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
Well i wish u good luck.
Thanks, it should work for both of us.

I believe the guy who had the problem with his is because he was smoking and... something else, can't remember what it was, but well-taken-care-of Wii's should be fine. :chuckle:

Gindler

Smash Champion
I don't see why brawl and only brawl wouldn't work on your wii due to dirt or tobacco build up. Now if no game works on it then you have something to worry about.

Genesai

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, it should work for both of us.

I believe the guy who had the problem with his is because he was smoking and... something else, can't remember what it was, but well-taken-care-of Wii's should be fine. :chuckle:
Allright thanks again.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why brawl and only brawl wouldn't work on your wii due to dirt or tobacco build up. Now if no game works on it then you have something to worry about.
I don't know the exact details, but since it's a dual-layered disc (double size in height I think) somehow smoke and excess dirt affects it.

Top Bottom