• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help Request: Web Development

shanus

Smash Hero
Hi Guys, I'm looking for members here who have experience in generating a professional looking wordpress theme / content management team for a future version of brawlplus.net

I'm looking for people who have experience also with generating a wifi ladder, bulk email support for new builds, and more.

Please only post in this thread if you feel you could be a valuable asset to the team and why. I will contact you privately about it all.

Gravyguy101

Smash Cadet
I'm not experienced at all with wordpress or most CMS, I'm a hand coder, I have experience with html, css, js, java, flash, actionscript, ajax, asp... basically most of the web development technologies.

I'm currently teaching myself php/mysql in my free time. As well as coding a program that selects a range of zipcodes from an access database(ASP) and converts them into point on a google map.(Ajax,html, js) So I'm pretty decent working with databases.. not fantastic though.

I have a mock up php/mysql registration system I'm trying to get working, mainly so i can test a wifi ladder system I was thinking about.

Let me know.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I can get some sort of registration thing going with some Visual Basic. I can design buttons and stuff as well using flash, but that's a different story.

shanus

Smash Hero
I'm not experienced at all with wordpress or most CMS, I'm a hand coder, I have experience with html, css, js, java, flash, actionscript, ajax, asp... basically most of the web development technologies.

I'm currently teaching myself php/mysql in my free time. As well as coding a program that selects a range of zipcodes from an access database(ASP) and converts them into point on a google map.(Ajax,html, js) So I'm pretty decent working with databases.. not fantastic though.

I have a mock up php/mysql registration system I'm trying to get working, mainly so i can test a wifi ladder system I was thinking about.

Let me know.
Sounds pretty good. I hand coded the other site, but it just becomes a pain for inserting new content all the time to have to reformat, etcetc. Thats why I wanted some form of content management as it comes preinstalled with databasing features which we can add on to.

I'm especially interested in your ladder system stuff.

Gravyguy101

Smash Cadet
Well I have dreamweaver on my windows partition I guess I can read up on the documentation for wordpress for an hour. see what i can learn.

Basically the wifi ladder system is just a table of the registration database organized by an elo rating, when an official match is going to be played the two users put the results into a premade form and an ELO algorithm will run and change their respective ELO rating, then the database can sort itself based on ELO descending order. Of course you can add alot more depth to this system like who is the best with what character, as well as a friend finder I'm we work up some kind of sufficient Queue system :D. We'll see, let me see what word press is about.

Okay didn't get a chance to fiddle with it to much, but do you know what hosting company we are using? cause alot of them have built in wordpress support, which makes life alot easier, I have a godaddy account that I just played with and I was able to get a mysql database up and create table for it, I could even choose to add wordpress to the site via install mini apps. Just wondering

shanus

Smash Hero
Well I have dreamweaver on my windows partition I guess I can read up on the documentation for wordpress for an hour. see what i can learn.

Basically the wifi ladder system is just a table of the registration database organized by an elo rating, when an official match is going to be played the two users put the results into a premade form and an ELO algorithm will run and change their respective ELO rating, then the database can sort itself based on ELO descending order. Of course you can add alot more depth to this system like who is the best with what character, as well as a friend finder I'm we work up some kind of sufficient Queue system :D. We'll see, let me see what word press is about.

Okay didn't get a chance to fiddle with it to much, but do you know what hosting company we are using? cause alot of them have built in wordpress support, which makes life alot easier, I have a godaddy account that I just played with and I was able to get a mysql database up and create table for it, I could even choose to add wordpress to the site via install mini apps. Just wondering
I have wordpress up and running right now, can you PM me with your AIM sn?

megajosh2

Smash Cadet
I read all 63 pages of this thread: http://www.sma
I was gonna ask if I could help but I guess you already have somebody! :D

I'm good with PHP and MySQL mostly, and that sounds like what you'd probably need the most. I would be able to make something like a wifi ladder. Thing is I wouldn't really know how to set up PHP's sendmail for sending e-mails.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I have 4 years experience with PHP and MySQL and have helped numerous websites and companies with creating websites on a team and on my own. I have intermediate skills in JavaScript and AJAX but this is what I'm focusing on right now.

In the past I've done the "Brawl+ Upgrader" in my spare time that JCaesar was really interested in, which was mainly coded in a Windows batch file and downloaded the Official and Nightly build directly off of the website, but that was only one of the features. :)

shanus

Smash Hero
Both of you guys would be welcome additions as I am very poorly skilled with PHP.

Also, I already took care of the mass mail feature, I have made a fair amount of progress.

Hambone is currently working on the wifi ladder, but as its a big project I assume he might need some help. If you guys are still interested, PM me with your AIM sn.

Gravyguy101

Smash Cadet
Yeah help is appreciated :D especially people with mysql php skills as this is new technology to me, though im grinding through it pretty well. Plus if we have the skill we can make a ajax match making client, which would be AWESOME... my aim is gravyguy101 both of you feel free to hit me up.

cheers

Top Bottom