• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help please?

Demon_Lord

Smash Cadet
I'm a Doc player well obviously or i wouldn't be posting here...lol. Anyway i'm having some trouble getting better with Doc i know all about the advance techs. and I've read the guides it's just i can't get out of the habit of whoring smashes. I play with friends and have been to a few tournaments but still i can't seem to break my habit.

So i was just wondering if there was anyone out there that had to get over this same habit? Or if there is any particular way to get out of this habit?

Any help at all would be appreciated:

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
well, i´d say... play ppl against wich it doesnt work... i´m guessing your better than your friend (unwritten ssbm law XD) so, look for people in your town or W/e and you´ll find someone it doesnt work against, and you HAVE to stop spamming them...
though, personaly, i like docs smashes XD
instead of spamming smashes, spam shffl´ed Bairs :D

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Just don't do it. Do more nair shffls and throws instead and pilrushes (sh pill + run). Those are some good basic attacks to learn with Drmario.

Demon_Lord

Smash Cadet
well, i´d say... play ppl against wich it doesnt work... i´m guessing your better than your friend (unwritten ssbm law XD) so, look for people in your town or W/e and you´ll find someone it doesnt work against, and you HAVE to stop spamming them...
though, personaly, i like docs smashes XD
instead of spamming smashes, spam shffl´ed Bairs :D
i like his smashes as well, the dsmash is my favorite :), i think i know a place when my spamming smashes won't work hehe I'll go try it out XP. I'll post my results and a vid if they record.

Just don't do it. Do more nair shffls and throws instead and pilrushes (sh pill + run). Those are some good basic attacks to learn with Drmario.
I'll practice those some for the remainder of the week and try those out this weekend. The pilrush is a good move i do it from time to time just need to work it in a little more

thanks for the advice guys i'll give it a go and see how things turn out

Dodo

Smash Rookie
I used to have the same problem, then I changed my game to an aerial game, (just to get out of the smash ***** habit), and then I got used to shffling, trust me, if you shuffle, you hardly have any time to be a smash ***** even if you tried

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Ugh, I have some nasty habits I need to break as well. For example, side stepping after about every attack (Wtf, right?).

Just force yourself not to. I know that is stupid advice, but for example like my above mentioned habit, I've just been not side stepping at all. Even if it means getting hit, that's okay. You just have to break out of the habit and focus on other things. If you do that gradually smashes will work their way back into your style, but be balanced with your other methods of play. I liked the above guy's idea, just tape down the c-stick.

Walgreens Pharmacist

Smash Apprentice
approach with B-Airs and N-Airs, and when they lag up, up-tilt, or something that you can combo with at low dmg.

when it gets to high dmg, start approaching with N-Airs, if they DI towards you, foward smash

obviously you'll be short hopping

if you start approaching them in the air, or pill rushing alot, you won't be close enough on solid terrian to attempt a smash, unless your going for the KO

Top Bottom