• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my um...helpless marth lol.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
First thought, use your f-tilt more, it's a great utility move because it's fast, has great coverage, has the priority you'd expect of Marth, and it's near impossible to punish.

Second, move better. I only saw dashing, jumping towards people, and rolling. You can walk (which you did to an extent, but for the most part you jumped at the enemy) and jump away from people as well. Especially with Marth for the latter, retreating fair kicks ***, in addition to all the other things you can do with it.

Against projectile users, rushdown, they have no incentive to approach you (speaking of the pit).

You use d-smash WAY too much, it's fast and strong, but not safe AT ALL. Only use it when you're guaranteed a hit.

∫unk

Smash Master
I just watched the falco match but that was way too much up tilt.

Your playstyle was very passive on a character that I think you have to go more aggressive on. If you're away from Falco he has a significant advantage with lasers controlling where you're going, which is where Falco excels (transitions from ground to air combat or vice versa while the opponent is limited by lasers).

You can still back off and space but be wary that he might stun you with the laser then follow up with a free smash.

Top Bottom