• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my pit get wings

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Hey ive been using pit for about a week and i need a little bit of advice from the pit mainers. i

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL86KhHUMgY

i just put 3 matches together in one vid the last match has some crazy glitch though. all i know is i need to use angel rings more and im trying to input that already but having a hard time with it.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Not Bad. The Marth you were playing wasn't very good, however. Horrible gimping lol.

A few things off the top of my head:
=================
-You can't d-tilt spike Marth.

-Dash attack is very undependable as an approach. It's relatively slow and you can react to it easily. With Marth, for instance, you have enought time to see it and counter it, shield grab it, and even Fsmash it. You should only use it to punish significant lag when you aren't close enough to do anything else.

-Look a little bit further into Pit's ledge game. Hanging on the ledge, Fair isn't great since you expose your head to Marth's sword. Uair is a better option to damage people who are too close. If they wait for you from far away, you can release, jump, arrow.

-Try following up your attacks with aerials more often than with arrows. At high percentages arrows are good since you can't chase them after a big hit, but from 0~90 you should be chasing your opponent after hits and keeping them up in the air.

-Pit's grab range is shorter than you may think.

-Don't use arrows when the enemy is nearby. At medium range Pit should wait for an opening and attack with quick attacks.

You are doing great for having used him one week. Keep up the good work and arrow gimping :D and post more videos!

Afropony

Smash Lord
1:03 to 1:08 reminds me of a very good combo video =)

you could probably have killed that Marth a bit more by using a few less grabs and instead F-smashes.
There were also times where you used Pit's arrows instead of trying to follow up with an aerial.

Also lol at the glitch.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
thanks i'll try and take out the dashing attack. Where could i put more angelic wings if u could tell me. I was tryin to d tilt marth because i saw it in the feathers of fate vid. He made it look alot easier than i thought:)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Arrow Star KO
And The Marths that I faced before never was in that position when I mirror Shielded them, i mean not under the stage.

But I will say this now, LESS GRABS!
And that was a Bad Marth. Normally Gliding towards a better Marth will just get yourself F-aired.

I do encourage you to try to look up some matchups as Pit. Just be careful when up against Meta and G&W, or a better Marth.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Grabs are Pit's best friend. However doing them at the right time is your goal. And remember, every hit you do while you have your opponent grabbed refreshes your move's effectiveness.

But yeah, 1:03 was sweet. Even if it could've been avoided by the Marth, you have good instincts for someone who just recently picked up Pit. Keep up the pace and you won't need our advice. ^_^

PK Webb

Smash Champion
that marth, my little brother link, and computers is all i have to play with so youtube videos are all i have to learn from. Thanks i'll look for more pit matches though and learn pits grabbing range. Question what is the better attack choice to approach or should you just use arrows till your opponents make a bad move?

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I like Pit's grabs a lot also. But they are limited in range. Also, I think you used arrows a little too much, there were just a few times when approaching was a better choice.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I dont mind the grabs, heck, I do a ton of it to chaingrab Bowser and DK, but some of those chances could have been replaced by another attack, like Fsmash or Dsmash, but you do pretty well for some1 who just used Pit in 1 week.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
i recommend watching Kupo's and Skip's matches on youtube, their Pit ditto's are so crazy... anyway, NICE arrow loop KO on the second match

Top Bottom