• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

help my link

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
you completely overused fsmash. more zair, nair, bair. you need to use your boomerang more and you have got to watch when going off stage like that. instead of using fsmash try using dsmash or something. and you need to keep moving and not just stand still.

Liex Link

Smash Apprentice
Well you should defend more properly.

You also lack the ability to use many midair attacks. Along with doing too much fsmash. I noticed that you like never use the boomerang, use it, it has the ability to set up combos, edgeguarding, spacing, and is a great spam move.

And with your offense type of Link you should always come to him/her (enemy) before they come to you.

BTW for pete skake use arrows!

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Play more like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb4jWvXInGM
Smasher is a great Link in the sense that his style lacks the use of advanced techniques, but he still manages to play well by staying quick and spacing well.
Just try and study the video and see what you can do. Check out the video archive if you want some more visual examples.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
i;ll try, but wifi makes me play more defensive..cuz the lag may mess me up

i can understand that. when i play wifi at my friends house the lag usually won't even let me do a jab cancel. but just keep in mind that spamming is probably link's best way of fighting against most opponents.

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
i can understand that. when i play wifi at my friends house the lag usually won't even let me do a jab cancel. but just keep in mind that spamming is probably link's best way of fighting against most opponents.
i mean i do hav about 3 more vids of my link winning, but it was a stupid match.. and many people complain bout spamming with link

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I think you ought to work on your dodging and reaction. Many of your dodges were a split second too late and the only reason you didn't get hit was because Snake missed.

Also, don't use f-smash unless you're almost certain it will hit. Save it as a kill move. Don't throw bombs off stage to hit opponents because that will only help them recover (sends them upwards). Use more aerials, learn to use z-air to space properly. Link should be constantly moving and taking advantage of his superior attack range while avoiding attacks because you don't want to get knocked off. Usually you don't want an opponent with a fast roll just rolling around you unless you can time d-smash and read moves.

Top Bottom