• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help my GnW!

True Romance

Smash Ace
Hey guys,

I've been lurking these forums for a while just never posted till now :D. When brawl first came out I mained D3, I quite enjoyed him initially though eventually his campy style made me decide I wanted to play someone with a bit more aggression. So I picked up the 2 dimensional hero that is GnW. I've been having a lot of fun with him recently, however I feel like i've plateaued a great deal. Whilst my D3 is still improving I feel like my GnW hasn't gotten a great deal better in the last few weeks.

So I come to you for help :D Gonna post up 3 games, I'm sorry about the fact they're on metacafe btw, but for some reason youtube hates me and wont let me upload. I'm also sorry about the lack of competition in these videos, as I'm only able to save replays under 3 minutes, these were the only friendlies at a recent gaming tourney I went to that came out on camera even okish.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2387792/romant1k_gnw_vs_random_ike/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2387763/romant1k_black_gnw_vs_random_red_gnw/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2387820/romant1k_gnw_vs_random_tlink/

Please take the time to watch them guys I really need your help, I know I need to work on my spacing and maybe working bucket braking into my game, but any on your GnW wisdom would be much appreciated.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
After watching only the GaW vid, I have a few things to say.

Make your motion more fluid. Once you learned the opponent you were smooth and strong, before that you seemed to hesitate a lot more and loose good positional advantage.

I can't really say much more, you have to base a lot of play on the opponent and he was.. lacking, so I dunno.

Smash less, spotdodge less (although I sense you were screwing with him) and parachute more.

Dash attack a lot less.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Thanks for the help guys keep it coming!!

My opponent is different in each video, hence the name random as I wasn't sure of who they were, though none of my opponents perform that admiraly in any of the games.

Is there ANY way you can save replays longer then 3 minutes? This way I may be able to demonstrate a bit more of my abillity against better opponents.

I'm detirmined to get my GnW cranking, though it's hard as I live in Australia (western australia no less) so the scene isn't that big out here, so ALL advice is wanted!

Noa.

Smash Master
Probably try to shorthop the turtle more. Try to be a little more agressive. That's all I can really recommend from watching the videos.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
little more turtle
short hoping would be nice though
i'd hate to repeat it but a tad more aggressive
overall i think you're fine

Top Bottom