• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me with my meta knight (:

Raizau

Smash Rookie
Ok so the story is, I want to be better at brawl. The thing is i have no clue if im playing meta knight right. I usually play ZB ! 7D or other wise known as Pierce7D on the forums. He always three stocks me and lasts into the high hundreds. Im going to list what i think is right and wrong and i want you to help me understand it. Hopefully i will have some video posts later too.

What I think i know:
-drill only to recover on the ledge
-use shuttle loop on the ground
-tornado if you dont know what your doing, its your best bet to win.
-running short hop to nuetral air is good move (I have no clue if it would be predictable)
-Kill moves = Shuttle loop, nuetral air
-only use tornado when their at your level or above you, Never below you
-meta knight has amazing air game
-Down grab is a good damage dealer and leads into combos, Never do in doubles unless the one of the enemys died
-up grab kills at usually 160% or above
-DownA has stupid range
-you cant ledge grab after a tornado
-dont dodge roll
-dont charge a smash unless you know its gonna hit or you cant be punished for it

What i need to know:
-How do i fight in the air against characters who have spikes?
-whats links to good metaknight videos
-how do i plank? i need a tutorial
-Gimping? i mean i have an idea on ledge grabbing
-DI, I have the general idea but i need help with advanced DI

Thanks a ton in advance. Hopefully i can create a list of helpful stuff that other people post in here below to help other people who come across this.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Ok so the story is, I want to be better at brawl. The thing is i have no clue if im playing meta knight right. I usually play ZB ! 7D or other wise known as Pierce7D on the forums. He always three stocks me and lasts into the high hundreds. Im going to list what i think is right and wrong and i want you to help me understand it. Hopefully i will have some video posts later too.

What I think i know:
-drill only to recover on the ledge yes but always mix up your recovery
-use shuttle loop on the ground it is best out of shield or used as an approach stuff
-tornado if you dont know what your doing, its your best bet to win. no, use it mainly to punish lag or people in the air
-running short hop to nuetral air is good move (I have no clue if it would be predictable) no dont do that at all, use it out of shield, as a punish, and as an invincinair edgeguard
-Kill moves = Shuttle loop, nuetral air d-smash, f-smash
-only use tornado when their at your level or above you, Never below you correct, d-air camp if they are below you
-meta knight has amazing air game yes and also an amazing edgeguarding game
-Down grab is a good damage dealer and leads into combos, Never do in doubles unless the one of the enemys died yes and no, it sets up well for followups, but it is very useful in doubles as the time it takes allows your partner to set up nasty combos. just dont use it when you are in danger of being hit
-up grab kills at usually 160% or above works best near the ledge
-DownA has stupid range yes but it doesnt kill well if stale, remember every d-smash could be an f-tilt
-you cant ledge grab after a tornado right
-dont dodge roll WRONG! front-roll is stupid safe and is great as a mix-up. i.e run towards them and roll behind them when they try to grab or hit you
-dont charge a smash unless you know its gonna hit or you cant be punished for it no, you can charge one (especially f-smash) or d-smash if you predict a spotdodge or roll

What i need to know:
-How do i fight in the air against characters who have spikes? stay in front or above them
-whats links to good metaknight videos
-how do i plank? i need a tutorial dont bother, and its as simple as grabing the ledge over and over again and using up-airs to cover yourself
-Gimping? i mean i have an idea on ledge grabbing use your d-air to gimp and shuttle loop is great too.
-DI, I have the general idea but i need help with advanced DI
use up-air to momentum cancel (after your sent flying you up-air so you can jump and fast-fall to slow your speed, if you get hit horizontal, angle your control stick to the corner of the stage you are flying towards during hitlag(the short pause that occurs when your being hit, best example is like a tipper marth f-smash)Angle your stick directly right or left towards the corner your flying to

Thanks a ton in advance. Hopefully i can create a list of helpful stuff that other people post in here below to help other people who come across this.
other things:
generally space f-air, first hit of f-tilt (ftilt1), and d-tilt
dont do all of ftilt unless you hit with it
d-tilt leads into grabs, d-smashes, and f-tilts. if it trips get a grab
dash attack is a fast good move that sets up for combos
when edgeguarding go off the stage and go straight down. you can shuttle loop back to the ledge or on stage (where it will cancel) and provides a strong hitbox that sends people recovering low to the blastzone

Ryne

Smash Cadet
when wanting to punish someone who is side stepping, use d smash, it is nearly impossible to punish if you miss.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
How does Raizau's thread about asking for help with the basics of MK stay open and my thread asking for help with the basics MK when he is fighting olimar get closed?

Doesn't this belong in the question and answer thread?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
-Kill moves = Shuttle loop, nuetral air
Welcome to the MK boards!

A common mistake newer players do is overlook his d-smash, unstaled it's a lovely kill move that's fast, and very safe to use
its spammable

Top Bottom