• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me Uber spam! Plz Phanna or other beastly sami (samus plural)

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
So as the long drawn out title of this thread indicates, I would like advice on how to spam the crap out of samus using missiles.

what I do know

double bomb drop to triple missile.

double jump to double missile

short hop missile, to missile

what I would like to learn is the platform missile spamming

effective ways to switch up between homing and power missiles

good ways to spam against sheik, doc, space animals

what levels are best for spamming

I just want to learn the art of the missile and I feel that I've reached a plateau, so any good expert advice is much appreciated.

I checked out phanna mint 3 and nearly **** myself at his missile use.

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
you want to learn the double missle jump and the triple missle double jump. Hardest, but most influential, is the SHFFMC.

Ledgehopping them is crucial, imo.

What else... Use platforms...wd off them or drop through them to mc...wavelanding to a missle also works well, cuz people usually attack where they think you will be...but you end up two feet further back and they get smoked point blank in the face.

DMJ would be first on my list if I were you...that can really be a game changer, especially on stages like FD with no platforms to assist MCing.

Best stage? PS, imo.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
Note: The message between the [ ]'s is a quote from Phanna, and I do not take credit for his words.

[ There are many platforms you can SH MC to, such as:

• Yoshi's Story
• Pokémon Stadium
• Green Greens
• Brinstar

But there are also many that are too high for this, and for which a Full Jump MC would be far too slow, but that you could do a perfect MC to if you Double-Jump Cancel appropriately. These platforms include:

• Battlefield
• Jungle Japes
• Dreamland 64

To do the latter, do a Double-Jump cancel (jump and then quickly midair), then fire a missile to MC on the platform. For good examples of this in action, watch Phanna Phun. ]

End quote~
Other than that, I'd basically have to repeat Andromon's post, just follow those two things, and you should be able to see a vast improvement on your missle game.

Hint: if you're having trouble SHing consistently, play fox and just SH with him, they both have a 4-frame short hop and Fox's is a lot easier to tell when he SH's therefore a lot easier to practice with for most people ^^

Hope that helped!

Jasona

Smash Ace
shuffling and platform canceling are, imo, the best ways to use missles. however, shuffling is usually not a safe thing to rely on, so learning to use SH'd missles is good too.

against doc:
SH a missles and fire it high enough to hit his head, then MC another. if he reflects the first one, it should pass over the second and the second should hit him as he finishes the sheet.
against sheik:
fire missles and charge shots higher than her standing needle range. she won't be able to destroy them with her needles and you might catch her trying anyway, which gives you a free hit.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
I think there is one cool tactic. IF you play a jigglypuff who rests a lot. CHarge a beam at any time possible (duh). When they miss a rest, you MC to a beam and it gives around 50 damage and if you time it right the beam should hit second to knock them back farther than they would normally. Might not be missile tactics but its usefull for laggy attack users.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
bababbababbaa kinda off topic here, but there is no real plural of 'Samus'. It is a proper noun, and there is only one Samus. If it were to be plural, it would be Samuses, just as if my name was Andy, the plural would not be Andies, but Andys.

But since there is only one Samus, don't say Samuses, and never say Sami. Say: Samaus players.

:)

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
against sheik:
fire missles and charge shots higher than her standing needle range. she won't be able to destroy them with her needles and you might catch her trying anyway, which gives you a free hit.
i do that, it works all the time, when you are spamming missiles against a shiek also watch for their dashattacks, since they can crouch to avoid high missiles.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
bababbababbaa kinda off topic here, but there is no real plural of 'Samus'. It is a proper noun, and there is only one Samus. If it were to be plural, it would be Samuses, just as if my name was Andy, the plural would not be Andies, but Andys.

But since there is only one Samus, don't say Samuses, and never say Sami. Say: Samaus players.

:)
you got it, I didn't think it would be a touchy subject. so if your name was chris, what would you call your self pluraled, chris humans?

majoras.

Smash Journeyman
its because sami sounds........................................gey!!!!

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
you got it, I didn't think it would be a touchy subject. so if your name was chris, what would you call your self pluraled, chris humans?
You would never call youself plural, but it would be a group of Chrises.

You are just confusing this Samus subject, there is only 1 Samus, you are referring to other Samus players, Phanna is not Samus, nor am I nor you.

sweetooth

Smash Ace

You are just confusing this Samus subject, there is only 1 Samus, you are referring to other Samus players, Phanna is not Samus, nor am I nor you.
lol. i dont know. phanna might be pretty close. haha

sweetooth

Smash Ace

sweetooth

Smash Ace

sweetooth

Smash Ace

sweetooth

Smash Ace

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
All the Samus players at HOST should walk around like that LOL.

linkmastersword

Smash Lord
hahaha, well I just wanted to let him know that IF it were to be pluralized, it wouldn't be samuses.

also, you can have plural samus, what would you say if you saw a 4 player match of all samus players. Hugs, Wes, Phanna, and me (can't think of another notable samus right now) duking it out in a FFA. people would scream. Holy Shnit! Look at all them SAMI!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hahaha, well I just wanted to let him know that IF it were to be pluralized, it wouldn't be samuses.

also, you can have plural samus, what would you say if you saw a 4 player match of all samus players. Hugs, Wes, Phanna, and me (can't think of another notable samus right now) duking it out in a FFA. people would scream. Holy Shnit! Look at all them SAMI!

I think they would be yelling out 'OH **** WHO THE **** JUST GOT 4 STOCKED IN A FREE FOR ALL WITH ALL SAMUS?'

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer

Lol

You are wrong.

cactus = NOUN
Alumnus = NOUN
Syllabus = NOUN
Samus = PROPER NOUN

It doesn't apply to that rule. As the name Andy doesn't become Andies, it becomes Andys when plural.

I speak English well, please don't make rash statements.

'Samus' is still 'Samuses' when plural.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know one thing.

Someone in this topic is right.

And it's not Isia.

Because Isia is too good.

Top Bottom