• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me on spacing

lito313

Smash Rookie
Hello this is my 1st thread!!!! I just want someone to go over the concepts of spacing with me, since I can't find a good topic on spacing. I need a better understanding on spacing/baiting/ranges/reading/predicting all that tactical stuff.

-Ran

Smash Master
Start with working on one character and one match up. Observe the various possible situations that you can be against that opponent be it on the ground, out of shield, out of a spot dodge, ascending or descending in the air, and so forth. In every situation there is an optimal move selection for the character that you're fighting. For example, if a Marth is approaching you with a descending jump, his aerial choice will most likely be a fair. Once you have learned how to discern the better options that you will see a character utilize and what moves you must use to deny them entry into your zone, you will learn how adjust your position to dictate what move your opponent will choose [baiting.]

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
1. Dont listen to Ran.

2. go to Tyrant's blog http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=125233

3. ???

4. profit

Lol seriously though just watch those vids theyll get you started. Definitely look at Tyrants blog, just ask and he'll help. Even if it doesnt have to do with MK. Hes one of the top players in brawl, and knows many characters so he can help with MUs as well. GOOD LUCK!

Top Bottom