• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help me get that finisher plz!

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Hey Mario boards i've been playing mario for a long time but haven't checked these parts.. ever.. i think, but now i come to you for advice. My buddy is picking up marth and while he's not really good enough to beat my mario yet i do notice that i have troubles comboing him into a fsmash. This isn't much of a problem now as I can land one on his laggy *** pretty easy but eventually when he gets better i'd like to not have to wait till ridiculous percents to kill him.

any ideas and suggestions appreciated, i have no problem crouch canceling or grabbing against him just finishing him.

Also, does the cape work as a ledgeguard on marth?

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Because of Marth's floaty self....

1. Fireball>D-air>neutral A>F-Smash at a low percentage.
2. F-air while Marth is standing>F-air meteor>Fastfall>Either wavedash backward or side-step to avoid Marth's recovery>F-Smash at low-medium percentage.
3. Make up your own

And also.... cape usually dosen't work against Marth since most Marth players recovery from under the edge, making it almost impossible to cape him especially if he/she sweetspots the edge.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Dair to dsmash or dair to jab to dsmash or dair to jab to fsmash works out pretty well. At medium percentages, you can uair to fsmash or dsmash.

You can also consider other KO options like... nair, then edge guard.

Yeah, Marth's sword comes up through the platform so caping is going to be next to impossible. Just go with a light shield edge hog or something like that. Angled fsmash works too, sometimes.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
That only worked because that Marth sucked at sweetspotting. You have to miss by so much to let that happen to you...

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
i pulled off one crazy one on marth

n-air and wave dash closer -> d-air the shield -> nair in the same jump to keep pressure -> d-throw -> f-smash with spacing

so good, but since smash doesn rely on memorized string, u gotta space according to ure opponent's DI
but a simple d-throw can lead to many things on marth

Top Bottom