• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help, it only has 2 dimensions!

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
So... yeah... hes an odd shaped thing that seems to have befriended an angry turtle, and i really don't know what to do about it, any pointers?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Run from it.

Hit or grab him in the lag of his other aerials.

Don't get hit.

Three essential steps to beating Mr. Game and Watch.

TKD

Smash Lord
:yoshi: Run from it.

Hit or grab him in the lag of his other aerials.

Don't get hit.

Three essential steps to beating Mr. Game and Watch.
Whaaaat! Mr. Game and Watch befriended a turtle?? Holy crap he's worse than the Ice Climbers, run!!!

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
I didn't mean just help against the turtle, its just that it was late, and i didn't feel like trying to come up with clever descriptions for all of his moves before i went to bed >_>

I haven't seen anything about G&W anywhere else, and the only one in the matchup thread is D3, so i figured i'd just make a thread.

The turtle isn't the only problem i have, but it throws off my game because it beats my back air, and makes me scared to use my main approach, and i wind up just trying to stall and throw things at him, which is why the matches take a while and i don't have a video of me failing against him for people to critique

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: The key is to never approach unless you have a safe way in, really.

It's too easy for Mr. Game and Watch to retreat into a very safe aerial protection move.

You find an opening (can't really make one in this matchup unless you egg camp, which is perfectly reasonable) and then punish the lag on it. That's all you can really do.

If Yoshi and Mr. Game and Watch are standing still and Yoshi jumps first, Yoshi loses. Do not challenge Mr. Game and Watch in the air. It's not smart. You will lose. The only ONLY time making the first move is good is if you're very low percent (under 40%) and Mr. Game and Watch is in KO range for neutral or up aerials--you can bait his retreating aerials for a double jump counter to get a few surprise KOs.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Maim and Watch is stupid.
The key to be patient. NEVER make the first move as G&W has an answer to **** near everything. If you must approach, do it from the ground as he'll destroy you in the air. Eggs can't be bucketed (yes?) so egg camp the day away.
Very hard matchup, you have to read your opponent well and always be in a punishing position.

yoshihybrid

Smash Rookie
Big tip, learn to airdodge near the ground. Baiting the key and dodging it close enough to f-smash ends G&W very easily, he is the second slowest in the game.

Really, its a "get him to screw up" fest. Fact: his range game isn't as good as yours. Fact: you are faster than him. Tease him into making mistakes. Nake him WANT the close range game by egg spamming him. Get semi-close, and watch the turtle. Hardest part of this match is probabally getting Game and Watch of the defensive. Get him of the stage, or in the air, and you should be able to control him. Once he can't pick his moves, he will die.

Mmac

Smash Lord
G&W Is just like Marth, in the sense that you have to play very carefully, and pick your shots wisely

Top Bottom