• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Help for my Sheik!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
What's all this fancy playin' about? This ain't Melee, son. It doesn't work here. Didn't you get the memo?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
It looks like you are playing more for style then for effectiveness. Having a good style is nice because it makes the matches more fun to watch but there were mutiple times where you could of done a tilt lock on fox but decided to grab instead...Why?

There were a few times where you begun to Ftilt lock lock around 30% hit him twice into a grab which you threw behind you. So not only did you end the move early but you threw him in the angle he would be DIing thus making it that much harder to link.

Other then that you did a lot of good things most of which was using the jab wisely but I felt you did a jab at times when a ftilt could of suffice

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
I really don't like re-iterating what everyone else is saying, but you need to consider your options and go for the efficient option instead of what will look better. There's a big reason Sheik wrecks Fox and you didn't abuse it.
Somethings I noticed:
-Wtf where's my D Smash.
-Wtf why is there F Smash there?
- Either you don't do that stuff in friendlies or you're a masochist, but why did you not continue the lock?!
- Space some B Airs
- I like your jab work, but why in most of those situations did you not use F Tilt instead?
- Your actual ledge game is good but your edgeguards don't amount to much. Long lasting hitbox>Illusion i.e. N Air or D Smash. Watch some Gimpyfish against Fox for edgeguard tips.

Despite all this, I still like your Shiek and think it has potential.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Your character placement was horrible and you willingly gave up advantageous positioning and opportunities.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
thanks for all the advice guys! :laugh:

btw these were friendlies i didnt feel the need for doing long tilt locks

but thanks again (i'm going thanks crazy :psycho:) everyone you have been a real help

Tristan_win

Not dead.
thanks for all the advice guys! :laugh:

btw these were friendlies i didnt feel the need for doing long tilt locks

but thanks again (i'm going thanks crazy :psycho:) everyone you have been a real help
If you don't need the tilt lock because they were friendlies then you need to find better people to have friendlies with.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
By need I don't think he means he found them so easy, I think he means that it's a friendly and neither of them were using the 'cheaper' techniques i.e. I often don't CG as Falco in friendlies against my friend's Link.

Conclusively

Smash Journeyman
Did you even use D-Smash once? -shakes head-
Why F-Smash? It's the worst of Sheik's smashes, don't use it.
SDI out of Fox's Jab.
Work on Edgeguarding.
FTILT MOAR.

Villi

Smash Lord
By need I don't think he means he found them so easy, I think he means that it's a friendly and neither of them were using the 'cheaper' techniques i.e. I often don't CG as Falco in friendlies against my friend's Link.
It's not like there's nothing people can do about these things... Link can 'splode himself to 40% xD

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I do the same in friendlies but only when someone is willing to use Captain Falcon against me. The man awesomeness is so great he has trouble staying on the stage as it is.

Anyways if you wish to be a true friend then you should use the "cheaper" techniques so your friends can learn how to get around them and become that much better by doing so. The point of friendlies in a competitive point of view (I. E Not for fun) is to practice and prepare for the future match up.

By holding back you are hurting their chances of winning against other equal or better players then yourself in a tournament setting.

Another way of looking at it is that you are sandbagging them so when you two do fight each other seriously then they will be unprepared to fight you which means you get a free win. ^-^

Villi

Smash Lord
Another way of looking at it is that you are sandbagging them so when you two do fight each other seriously then they will be unprepared to fight you which means you get a free win. ^-^
Then it isn't very friendly, is it. :(

Trying your best and doing your worst is the best way to improve in friendlies. 'Cause even then, competition is very different from friendly matches. It's that way for me even if I don't consciously do anything different; I find I come up with much meaner things to do.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
The vast majority of my friendlies are for funzies. Me CGing my friend's Link means it isn't fun for either of us. If you're playing friendlies with the sole intent of getting better against each other, then fine, pull out all the stops, but some techniques make games unfun.

Also, Villi needs to change his sig before my head asplodes.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
ZOMG at 2:40 it looked like Fox was about to FLAMEDASH!!! ehh dont dis Fsmash... It has its uses. Um true about dsmash. ITS FREAKIN GOOD, USE IT BRO. Also. I noticed that fox was noooot that good. Where's my Dair to utilts that **** us?? but yeah, you could have ended the match about 5 mins sooner. FTILT.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What are you fools saying?

Not stylish enough.

You're supposed to edge guard with RAR double reverse needle charge cancel to bair.

Top Bottom